Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events > PN Racing World Cup

Old 2012.10.29, 02:49 PM   #61
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
I'm fine with spec tires but I say 40/20 combo. I can't drive with the 30s
Definitely on board with spec tires too, great idea.
regarding 40/20 personally I haven't even tested it so it might be fine & good to go (will test this weekend at Kenon)...Alternatively as an idea, spec can be kyosho slick 20R and either 30 or 40 fronts (slicks only )...I think that would still accomplish 90%+ of what spec-tire rules try to accomplish & also make everyone happy.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.29, 03:25 PM   #62
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Already 8 drivers signup!!!!!

We can run up to 10 drivers in one class, anyone want to in, just sign up or email me philip@pnracing.com

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.29, 03:26 PM   #63
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Rules updated, please read it!

http://s431563875.initial-website.com/schedule-rules/

Old 2012.10.29, 03:42 PM   #64
PNracing

Driver List updated!!!

http://s431563875.initial-website.com/drivers-list/

Old 2012.10.29, 06:48 PM   #65
SAGISI

Anymore changes to the rules happening before worlds? I think there should be a cut off date for anymore rule changes.
Old 2012.10.29, 07:06 PM   #66
color01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Definitely on board with spec tires too, great idea.
regarding 40/20 personally I haven't even tested it so it might be fine & good to go (will test this weekend at Kenon)...Alternatively as an idea, spec can be kyosho slick 20R and either 30 or 40 fronts (slicks only )...I think that would still accomplish 90%+ of what spec-tire rules try to accomplish & also make everyone happy.
The difference between 30 and 40 is pretty large, I don't think allowing both is going to be viable. The 40's are a very "forgiving" tire whereas the 30 bites, and at the PNWC track it might mean up to a 0.5-second difference in hot lap (consistency always another factor).

Chad, could you try throwing on the 30 fronts, and then taking out two screws on the F1 side plates? That is how we're running our F1's at Kenon and when they don't glitch, they're comfortable handling-wise on the 30/20 tire combo.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.29, 07:32 PM   #67
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i can try but honestly if i have to change my car to run it i will just sit it out. no offense to anyone but im pushing my luck by coming from the east coast and running all 4 classes. im fine with what everyone else decides i was just going to run to fill the spot.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.29, 07:46 PM   #68
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGISI View Post
Anymore changes to the rules happening before worlds? I think there should be a cut off date for anymore rule changes.
aside from the pancar pro stock class all of the updated world cup rules reflect the changes that were made to the regional rules at the beginning of 2012

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.29, 10:02 PM   #69
MDRTales

Should be a good battle in stock.
MDRTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.30, 12:31 AM   #70
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRTales View Post
Should be a good battle in stock.
with 53 entries so far, it should be epic!

Regarding F1 spec, I guess only 4 out of 8 are on this thread and therefor able to participate in voting...I guess any spec tire decision will have to be finalized among racers at the event?
Anyway in case spec tires happens, I'll be good with both 30/40 options being allowed for fronts if that what ends up being decided since overall it still totally follows the spirit of spec tire rules as far as cutting down on endless time consuming & costly tire testing and keeping racing closer. There would be only one other front tire to test... that should be easily doable for all should anyone even decide to test. in 10th scale on-road TC, there have been numerous spec tire classes with similar tires rules, in this case I'm just taking a page out of that.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.30, 03:49 PM   #71
MDRTales

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
with 53 entries so far, it should be epic!

Regarding F1 spec, I guess only 4 out of 8 are on this thread and therefor able to participate in voting...I guess any spec tire decision will have to be finalized among racers at the event?
Anyway in case spec tires happens, I'll be good with both 30/40 options being allowed for fronts if that what ends up being decided since overall it still totally follows the spirit of spec tire rules as far as cutting down on endless time consuming & costly tire testing and keeping racing closer. There would be only one other front tire to test... that should be easily doable for all should anyone even decide to test. in 10th scale on-road TC, there have been numerous spec tire classes with similar tires rules, in this case I'm just taking a page out of that.
I don't agree, you should stick with just 40 front slicks and just tune.
Old 2012.10.30, 03:51 PM   #72
MDRTales

Actually it should be the kit stock combo of 30rear and 40 front.
Old 2012.10.30, 04:44 PM   #73
color01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRTales View Post
Actually it should be the kit stock combo of 30rear and 40 front.
That, would be terrible. The I've never seen 30 rears hook up on RCP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
i can try but honestly if i have to change my car to run it i will just sit it out. no offense to anyone but im pushing my luck by coming from the east coast and running all 4 classes. im fine with what everyone else decides i was just going to run to fill the spot.
That's fair enough, if you do the 30 fronts and loosened side plates and it doesn't work, I am game for just sticking it out with the 40's and making the chassis turn. The 30/40 proposal is convenient but the difference in performance is just too large IMO, I will stick with one, whichever everyone can use without the rear coming out (probably 40).

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.30, 05:45 PM   #74
hrdrvr
MBMZR

The F1 kits I most recently sold came with 20/40. I ran the last cup race at our store with the car out of the box.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.03, 03:49 AM   #75
DanDan

Sorry about my waffling, but I decided to follow through with F1. I won't have as much fun watching on the sidelines as I will watching from the stand.

I think I'm already rollin' on 40's up front. I'll get some 20's and talk to Binh tomorrow @ ILR
DanDan is offline   Reply With Quote