Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.11.29, 05:41 PM   #31
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I don't have a GTR body

Both my 96mm cars are under '05 350z bodies. My MR-03 should arrive today and I plan to set it up as a 96mm with an '05 350z too. Ordered some of the new G10 fiberglass RR 96mm T-Plates yesterday to give them a try.

Any guesses as to my current favorite body???
RR doesnt have mr03 96mm plates yet, they are on the way but as of yesterday he had none!

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 10:21 PM   #32
CristianTabush

They are up on the site now...
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.12, 12:08 AM   #33
blt456

Hey CT would you mind if I posted my 96mm wtf 2.0 setup w/ pics? Want to get permission before posting
Old 2009.12.12, 03:11 AM   #34
CristianTabush

I would not mind at all... I actually love to see people's pictures of their cars with our products and stickers. It is probably my single most favorite thing about being a part of the Mini-Z community as a brand...
Old 2009.12.12, 08:51 AM   #35
minittrackmann

Christian do you no when any of the Worlds setups will be posted?
Thanks
minittrackmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.12, 09:05 AM   #36
CristianTabush

The AWD is the same car as the KO GP set-up.

The Pan Car I will post by Monday...
Old 2009.12.12, 11:34 AM   #37
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
Hey CT would you mind if I posted my 96mm wtf 2.0 setup w/ pics? Want to get permission before posting
I started this thread to share the story of my build and set up, but am happy to see the experiences of every one elses RR based set ups, wether they are just based on 96mm, or if they are WTF cars, or anything else that can make them RR specific.

Finally got some track time!!
I TQed and won the A-main last night with this car. Im still running the same tires, and everything else is the same. I did rebuild the diff for the first time, and was pleased to find that it wasnt very dirty inside, even with exposed balls (from the space between the plates and thin spur), I didnt find any grime. I cleaned everything anyway, and gave the balls a dip in some Kyosho diff grease, and it came out smooth! I guess there must have been something there, or it was just showing fatigue from running dry.

I havent been able to race the past two weeks, so every one else has had as couple of runs on this layout. I did sneak some practice in a few times, so its not like I was unfamiliar, its just that I hadnt run it with other cars on the track, or seriously running for 5 minutes timed. The top qualifying run so far had been 39/5:0x. I think it was 5:03, and next best was at 5:06, I think. I can check it out. My first run, I did 40/5:06. The next two runs were scarily close to breaking 41, I hit 40 in 5:00.08, and 5:00.02. Im sure Ill hit 41 before its all said and done. I think Eric did 39 in 5:00.0, but I cnt say for sure. He qualified second, and am pretty sure he didnt break into the 40s.

In the main, I tried something different with a set of batteries thinking Id make them go faster for longer. In actully my two warm-up laps were enough to wear the punch off, and I was running a flat car from the start. Starting from the pole I ran a pretty defensve race with Eric (kromie101) pushing hard with the quicker car. This little layout is tough to pass on though. As long as I made a good run onto the straight, I wouldnt lose my spot, even though I had to defend heavily at the end through 1 and 2. The pressure was on at turn one every lap, and he even got beside me once, but I closed the door aggresively (even caused some contact), and barely held on. There were a few other times where he had me nervous and scared me into scrubbing the inside of the turn trying to stay as tight as I could. I was beating him pretty good in the infiled with my car being super easy to drive (great set up on flat batteries), but as the heat wore off of his, he drew closer in the infield, and I had to drive mre defensively there too. This brought Chad up into the mix, as I basically was just holding Eric (and the lap cars) up with a slow tight line. Eventually he got me at the next to last hair pin, and I tried to slam the door shut again. I was even later late on my attempt this time, and barely even hit him in the side. I was on the outside line, and went out to the wall, only to let the two lap cars by as well as Eric. I held second, and tried to push back through the lap cars and try and take the fight to Eric. He made a couple of mistakes as I got through the traffic, and the next thing we knew, there were three of us on the straight at the same time battling for position. The middle of the race kind of strecthed things out, as I almost put Chad a lap down, and Eric almost gained a lap on me. Eric and I settled into our grovves, him with the faster car, and Chad making a mistake here and there behind, with what seemed like to me a faster car than either of us. During that whole stint, I may have gone back to third, as it was pretty tense, and we were all close (Ill have to look at the position chart to verify), but as the end oif the race neared, Eric and Chad made a few mistakes, and I found myself comfortably in second, and one mistake away from taking a fight to Eric. I wasnt quick enough to chase him down for pressure, all I could do was hope to rattle him, by asking for the splits every now and then He finally, bobbled and made a mistake right close to each other, so I was able to close the gap (on the bobble) then was in a position for a possible overtake when he parked it at the first turn in the infiled. I saw him (from the other side of the wall), and parked it myself. I got off the wall quicker than him, and was right behind him as he pulled away (I think he waited for a lap car to pass instead of backing out into them). As we came down the straight I saw I was holding pretty good with him since his batteries flattened out a bit, and he parked it right in the same corner. This time, I followed the lap car (who was again between us) by as he was stuck in the wall. I gained a lot in the infiled as Eric corrected, and came away with a pretty good margin. Just then the announcer called 20 seconds to go! I had it in the bag with just a few laps to run.

It was exciting. My batteries were flat, but my set up was perfect. I could hold almost any line I wanted, but my car did have a touch of push (still no changes since running it on a big, fast track). It was perfect though, as it kept me from overdriving (something couldnt stop myself from doing in mod)which kept my mistakes down to less than a handful. I think I only stopped on track 3 times in 10 minutes, and only one of them got me into double digit lap times. I ended up with the fourth fastest hotlap (.3 behind Eric), but the best mean, which is the important one

Anyway, Ill be running agian next week, and cant wait to see how we do. We should be running the HFAY event within a few weeks (has to be done this month), so Ill see how I stack up with this car against people from all over!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.12, 12:18 PM   #38
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Thanks for the nice write-up Landon and congrats on the win. I have been out of town each of the last three Thursdays, so I haven't yet taken my 96mm WTF2 car to HSH for race night. Look like I'll be able to go this week, so I will post my findings when I get back. Don't expect to be able to beat Rodney, Wade, Pedro or James with this setup, but I hope to be able to improve my lap counts/times. We'll see...
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.12, 02:59 PM   #39
blt456

This is my 96mm, wtf, 350z car. This is by far my best car I've ever built.. I spend lots of time on my cars..this car is extremely consistent and has hit my fastest times on rcp with a stock motor and only driven for one day..setup:

Front:
-knuckles (no clue brand but they are very bad,.. getting pn 1.0*)
-reflex shims under knuckles (4 total)
-pn green lowdowns
-reflex wtf v2 ti
- atm 30s r tires

Rear:
-atm 8*
-pn diff 13/53
-atm usa motor (using reflex white stuff + purple stuff - a local expert claims my car as fast as modified..)
-pn dds + springs (green top, blue bottom)

Other:
-2x3 8858 fets
-ATM/PN ti screws all around
-07 350z body

In case you are wondering about the motor products, they are the best parts you can get for the motors. I have handwound motors all last year from 50 turns stock to 28t modified. When I used the white stuff on pn 70t, the results really showed. I didn't even have broken in brushes and it was screaming down the straight.. it was way undergeared too.. my lhs had a straight over 40ft.. now I use white stuff + purple stuff for breakins. The purple stuff is awesome because it is thinner than the slick7 oil and it can be applied in smaller amounts. The other thing I like about it is that you can use it on the commutator. I have tried various oils, and the purple stuff is better than the slick7 comm drops for me. I always would end up with black spots on my motors, but after applying 1/2 a drop of purple stuff on the USA motor comm, no more black spots....can't even tell that the motor has been used.

Last edited by blt456; 2009.12.13 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2009.12.13, 01:46 PM   #40
dvsstrike
The name is Tim

those are nice set up. but no one runs the side dampner in 98 mm anymore?
dvsstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.13, 02:36 PM   #41
Rune
Mini-Z Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsstrike View Post
those are nice set up. but no one runs the side dampner in 98 mm anymore?
Oh yes.
There are at least 6 RR side damper cars at our track. Both 02 and 03's.
This is by far the fastest, most consistent rear end at our track.

Mini-Z Norway

Last edited by Rune; 2009.12.13 at 05:54 PM.
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote