Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.05.22, 09:36 PM   #1
imxlr8ed

No posts today?

Ok, I see one from Herman from yesterday at 11pmish... nobody else?!?!

I think this has to be some kind of record!

Kinda scary when you have a few thousand and a decade invested into the hobby. Lemme guess, everybody went SCT racing?

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2014.05.22 at 09:39 PM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.23, 04:33 AM   #2
byebye

Yeah I noticed this as well. Maybe because of the weather?
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.23, 05:29 AM   #3
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I had issues all day yesterday with Internet Explorer and Chrome as well. Couldn't connect to anything until about 9:00 last night.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.23, 08:10 AM   #4
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Usually slower in summer but yes, yesterday was unusual and I don't remember that happening before.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.23, 08:41 AM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I check in repeatedly throughout the day but sometimes fail to post . No excuse I know.

A post a day is all it really takes to keep momentum and this is my minimum goal.

Just swamped with life.... It has a tendency to be all consuming at times.

have to keep in mind were coming off Mother's Day and leading into Memorial Day weekend as well.

Last edited by arch2b; 2014.05.23 at 08:45 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.23, 09:47 AM   #6
imxlr8ed

Not holding you responsible Ray (or should I? ), just saying that I've never seen it this slow on here before. Leads my mind to that ever burning question...

WHY DOESN'T KYOSHO MARKET THEIR PRODUCT MORE IN THE STATES?!?!?

Seriously! Could you imagine what their sales would be like if they would buy TV airtime during say... a Lemans race, or even a Nascar race? Show some footage of a father, son and a daughter bashing some Mini-Zs around the kitchen or driveway? A few nice action shots, a bit of information about the cars and the fun. End it with a nice slo-mo low shot of a lighted AWD drifting around the turn... bring that K logo up as that drift footage fades to black background. Maybe even a little slogan?... High performance for the whole family... maybe?

Ah well, I think it'd be a worthy investment for them.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2014.05.23, 10:11 AM   #7
arch2b

ah, an age old topic for which there are many threads and rants TV commercials are a bit unrealistic for an RC product unless your talking some of the cable networks. i'd be impressed if they actually did something for youtube/google ads service, etc. a spread in an RC magazine that has little value these days other than marketing mechanism seems to be the extent of the efforts. but i digress...i've preached this sermon before. as it has been since 1999, it's going to be up to the mini-z community itself. perhaps some talented fan can generate youtube video ads that we can distribute.

there are slow days from time to time. internet forums aren't what they used to be with the explosion of social media sites. i don't read too much into it really. the 'end of the line' prompts have been posted since the early days and we are still here. mini-z is still going in some capacity.
Old 2014.05.23, 11:39 AM   #8
kyoshosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed View Post
WHY DOESN'T KYOSHO MARKET THEIR PRODUCT MORE IN THE STATES?!?!?
+1 on that! Kyosho only promotes its brand in Japan, hence the Mini-Z Cup that only exists there. I see Kyosho.de active as well, but Kyosho America doesn't do a good job. I know some will disagree, and I was not hobby shop owner at that time, neither this time , but as a customer, I believe the Great Planes days, buying off Tower Hobbies were better and easy.

The LHS in my area, all disgrace having to buy from K.A. I can't find anything from Kyosho here.

Unfortunately, the few brave Online Hobby Shops that carry any Kyosho parts in America (US and Canada) suffer from fierce competition from Asian online stores, specially when it comes down to shipping.

Mini-Z has so much potential, that it is hard to believe the disregard they receive from Kyosho Subsidiaries around the world, and we're talking mini-z here, not 1/8 Inferno Buggy 8x World Champion, or 1/8 and 1/10 On-Road Cars w/ multiple World Championships, that also suffer big time from Kyosho lack of presence in LHS.

Let's not forget that this is not a Kyosho America exclusive issue, remember our friends from Australia (Hobby-Z), they literally build a mini-z presence there by themselves.

Sorry... I should stop ranting
kyoshosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.23, 12:22 PM   #9
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
it's going to be up to the mini-z community itself.
If there is one left in the next few years here in the States...

Yeah, I know Ray... just bitchin bout it again.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2014.05.23, 12:32 PM   #10
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshosan View Post
+1 on that! Kyosho only promotes its brand in Japan, hence the Mini-Z Cup that only exists there. I see Kyosho.de active as well, but Kyosho America doesn't do a good job. I know some will disagree, and I was not hobby shop owner at that time, neither this time , but as a customer, I believe the Great Planes days, buying off Tower Hobbies were better and easy.

The LHS in my area, all disgrace having to buy from K.A. I can't find anything from Kyosho here.

Unfortunately, the few brave Online Hobby Shops that carry any Kyosho parts in America (US and Canada) suffer from fierce competition from Asian online stores, specially when it comes down to shipping.

Mini-Z has so much potential, that it is hard to believe the disregard they receive from Kyosho Subsidiaries around the world, and we're talking mini-z here, not 1/8 Inferno Buggy 8x World Champion, or 1/8 and 1/10 On-Road Cars w/ multiple World Championships, that also suffer big time from Kyosho lack of presence in LHS.

Let's not forget that this is not a Kyosho America exclusive issue, remember our friends from Australia (Hobby-Z), they literally build a mini-z presence there by themselves.

After a few twists and turns and some possible roadblocks (not put up by our LHS) we finally have Kyosho gear in stock up here again in the Reading area. The owner wasn't completely happy with a few issues. He did mention that it was much easier to work with other suppliers.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2014.05.23, 04:42 PM   #11
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshosan View Post

Rant all you want. Your completely right!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.23, 09:01 PM   #12
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Well I'm here to wreck another thread and bruise some heads so here it goes. It's just the way it is. Like Ray and everyone has mentioned many times on countless threads it's the nature of the hobby. Lots of things are to blame, weather, hectic schedule of life, lack of promotion, whatever it may be. All we can do is keep racing and enjoy the hobby. As far as hobby shops go, they're all a slave of great planes and horizon. Sadly yes kyosho doesn't seem to care about promoting its product beyond its homeland it's something they need to work on. With hobby shops if great planes doesn't sell it, they don't care. In my neck of the woods if it don't run on nitro and is smaller then 1/10 scale, it ain't cool. It's a "toy". Yeah it's scary to see only two people signed on but it's a holiday weekend so I assume everyone is getting ready for a three day weekend. It'll move on. The threads will start lighting up with the usual talk. This is the first post I've made in a while. Don't sweat it Ed, if it makes you feel better I quit racing big scale and SCT two years ago.
Old 2014.05.26, 10:26 AM   #13
imxlr8ed

I was really hopeful years back when the Nascar bodies came out... I was thinking "what self-respecting pure-blood redneck wouldn't want a nice little oval track in his living room for him and his drinkin buddies to race on while their watching the race on his TV?". They released two bodies and then nothing. I don't think it could have gotten much easier for Kyosho at that point! Hire 3 guys to set up a track at each Nascar event, give them
a truck full of inventory, a bunch of rental cars and get the best possible promotion ever! I mean, they just paid how much for their tickets to the race?... dropping some change on a few RC cars would've been a drop in the bucket!

Never happened, should've happened! At least have a roving promotion crew for any major races in the States or anywhere else for that matter. Kinda like a Johhny Appleseed for Mini-Z!

Oh well, always fun to pipe dream.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2014.05.26, 10:37 AM   #14
arch2b

radio shak of all places proved that this scale can be sold out with a meager advertising campaign and at best, traveling promotional gig. they sold the hell out of those things, dare i say more xmods sold than mini-z over twice the time period. it can be done. simple no will power to do so. kyosho takes the apple route putting a premium on the brand. this may work for kyosho in japan but not here.

as the last 13 years have shown, if we want to keep racing active, it's up to us and aftermarket support. despite the politicking between the manufacturers, we need to support their series as it's the only game in town. once those go, this whole thing gets a lot harder to float. i honestly don't think mini-z would still be around if it were not for PN, Atomic, #Racing and others keeping the options production flowing. i don't think there are a lot of clubs like ours racing stock classes and even then we depend on them for wheels, tires and other small things.
Old 2014.05.26, 12:56 PM   #15
herman

hmm... did someone mention my name? ... been swamped lately with stuff at work... things in life... and other stuff in general... been bummed a bit & put off by a thread i posted that totally disappeared... then reappeared under a different thread title... kinda like going into the Bermuda Triangle (where'd he go jim? he just vanished)... good thing it eventually and inexplicably came out (we thought we lost you)...

kinda felt that i was (cyber) bullied a bit (for no apparent reason, except probably for the lack of sense of humor)... although i try, you really cannot please everybody... but like life, you sometimes have to turn the other cheek, take these things with a grain of salt, shrug these things off, and carry on...

if this reply seems kinda off... i apologize... just had to get it off my chest... guess it's time to keep calm and carry on now...

Last edited by herman; 2014.05.26 at 12:59 PM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote