Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.12.15, 08:24 PM   #1
briankstan

Hummer Custom Bumper

Read about it here...

Custom Hummer Bumper

More pictures are in my gallery, click on the overland section.

briankstan gallery

Old 2008.12.16, 06:03 AM   #2
monkey19

Send a message via Yahoo to monkey19
great idea...looks great i need to address my front bumper issues on my OL as well.
Old 2009.12.05, 10:45 AM   #3
EasyRider

Great idea! I just snapped my knuckle last night during the overland main at Fast Pace. I was the only one popping the knuckle out and DNF every race because if this. I read your post on the other thread it didn't say what material did you use?
Old 2009.12.05, 12:20 PM   #4
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRider View Post
Great idea! I just snapped my knuckle last night during the overland main at Fast Pace. I was the only one popping the knuckle out and DNF every race because if this. I read your post on the other thread it didn't say what material did you use?
it's plastic. I used an old computer bay cover, the ones that snap in where the cd drives goe. I cut it to size, heated and bent the corners. it's been a really good help. We also racer overland every race nights. it's one fun class.

if you need any other pics of how I installed it let me know.
Old 2009.12.05, 12:52 PM   #5
EasyRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
if you need any other pics of how I installed it let me know.
Thanks, I know what material your talking about.
If you have any pics on how you mounted it, that would be a big help. I would rather mount it correctly to last then have it keep falling off after each run in with the wall.

On a different topic, I use soft rear tires and the stock fronts tires and it pushes really bad on the track and I'm running a speedy 07 motor. Do you have any advice on what's a good set up. Also, my H1 has been changed from AM to ASF. Thanks
Old 2009.12.05, 07:42 PM   #6
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRider View Post
Thanks, I know what material your talking about.
If you have any pics on how you mounted it, that would be a big help. I would rather mount it correctly to last then have it keep falling off after each run in with the wall.

On a different topic, I use soft rear tires and the stock fronts tires and it pushes really bad on the track and I'm running a speedy 07 motor. Do you have any advice on what's a good set up. Also, my H1 has been changed from AM to ASF. Thanks
I'm running ASF as well, I am running 3 racing shocks, they seeam to lower the body a little and make sure you keep oil in them as it leaks very slowly out. I'm running soft on the back and stock tires on the front as well. I'm also running +3 offset dish wheels front and back. I use a narrow standard 50° tires inside and then wrap the overland tire around it. this will give you a nice wide wheel base and makes the Hummer very stable. I wouldn't go with a softer tires because at higher speeds you roll. it's a very good setup and I'm almost untouchable with it. I'm only running a Speedy 05 in mine with and all plastic chassis. I'm am running alloy front knuckles. Oh if you try the 3 racing shocks you need to notch the body at the rear ones as they will hit.

if you look at the front of the hummer you can see the flat spot that goes across the extisting "bumper" I notched the new bumper around it so it goes under at the wheel well's this gives you lots of surface to glue it on. I used CA glue and it's been on for almost a year without ever coming off. you'll want to use the lip that is already on the plastic piece and make sure you use enough width so you it covers the existing "bumper" plus a little maybe.
Old 2009.12.05, 11:12 PM   #7
EasyRider

Thanks Brian, You've given me alot of good advice. I'll definitely will try the +3 rear rims on the H1. I just ordered the alloy knuckles. Mostly everyone here has a fast overland and I want to be one of the front runners!