Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.06.28, 10:21 PM   #1
AznJunkie
Mini-Z Novice

Radio and O plate questions

Hi all, I have two questions.

1) I wanted to know if anyone know if the JR XR2i will work with the Kyosho Mini Z. The XR2i is AM and is also available in 27 MHz. So I would assume that it should work with the Kyosho Mini Z. I emailed Kyosho. Kyosho said it’s possible, but they haven’t tried it. So I want to see if anyone knows or have it tired it.

2) I was thinking about getting the O plate. Is the handling on the O plate better than H plate or is it really on the driver preference? I’m still new to Mini Z, so I’m still getting use to the driving. I already have the carbon fiber H pate and powerline H plate set. I also run a powerline single rear shock. Would the O plate be worth it?

TIA,
AznJunkie
Old 2003.06.28, 11:30 PM   #2
road_rash_420
Mini-Z Novice

i would say so...the h plate just sortof extends the body a little bit..the o plate will make the body a tad bit smaller...try the o plate..by about five of them...break easily, trust me on that...my f1 needed 15 o plates in one week...uggh..i sudgest the o plate but it is a little on the driver prefrence...try both and see wich one fits you better...

happy racing!! lol
road_rash_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.06.29, 09:03 PM   #3
fraz

27 MHz AM is the most compatible radio setup worldwide. You can mix and match radio systems and crystals quite freely and it will work 99.9% of the time.
Old 2003.06.30, 08:24 AM   #4
Kajoq
Mini-Z Pro

Send a message via AIM to Kajoq
road rash, What material O-plates? Please say plastic
Kajoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.06.30, 08:35 AM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the o plates in the shop here are fiberglass if i'm not mistaken. i prefer the g10 o plate, much better than h plates. it also helps that i'm running a cr5
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.06.30, 09:02 AM   #6
mxbob92

i ha ve heard that the only other radio you can use is the m8
Old 2003.06.30, 09:08 AM   #7
Rick
Raider Nation Citizen

Send a message via AIM to Rick
I've seen the XR2 used for Mini-Z. The M8 is definately not the only radio you can use. I can use my Futaba 3PB with the module.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.06.30, 10:46 AM   #8
AznJunkie
Mini-Z Novice

Yeah I’m running the CR5 too. My driving skill isn’t up to par with the others yet. I started about 3 weeks ago. I might just pick up the O plate. Is it worth it to get both Carbon Fiber and G10 or just the G10?

As for the XR2i, I don’t want to get if it doesn’t work. I want to use it for my brushless TC3 and mini z. For the price I rather go with the MX3 since its FM, but I know it won’t work with the mini z.
Old 2003.06.30, 10:56 AM   #9
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the g10 is cheaper and i believe it's more for hard surfaces. if you have the money to spend, get both and see which one you prefer. i would reccomend the o plates over th eh plates anyday though.

the cr5 is great! haven't flipped it yet. i have been reading about how to lessen the tendecy for the rear to hop and spin out rather than flip...someone suggested lowering the rear and the front and use softer springs up front so i'll give that a try.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.07.14, 08:14 PM   #10
AznJunkie
Mini-Z Novice

Ok I bough the radio and YES it does work. So if anyone was wondering if the JR XR2i will works with the Mini Z now knows it does.

As for the O plate I bought the G10. I’m kinda broke right now to get both. I just got it today and it look nice. Can’t wait to try it on the track tomorrow.