Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.06.09, 06:01 PM   #76
DMALMAD

Hey Guy's I am at the point where I am about to open a preorder, I have enough people who have reserved a chassis I just have to connect the paypal merchant services to the website. Anyways I just wanted to let you guys know that as of right now there are still a couple chassis unacounted for so if you are interested let me know. Also as I will be updating and creating instructions, build guides, and pro tips I will move everything into one folder which can be viewed by you guys here:https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Vk&usp=sharing.
As of right now there is just some pics and the parts list but I am going to uploading stuff periodicly whithin the next couple of weeks so stay tuned Hopefully within the month I can start working on production round 2! It all depends on the demand for the chassis but once a couple guys get their DMR MPC's and start winning A-mains I think that it will be hard to resist lol In all seriousness expect some more updates and another round of chassis so if you are on the fence and want to wait and see how everything plays out there will be more chassis to come after the first batch.
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.09, 11:57 PM   #77
DMALMAD

Using the PN Double A-Arm System with the DMR MPC

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...0k7u6hhlA/edit
Old 2015.06.10, 12:29 AM   #78
JesseT

It might be an alternative to just use MR02 double-A-arm knuckles and thread the existing pins as done in LAJF P28.

http://lajf.se/files/2010/04/DSC8403.jpg
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.10, 11:17 AM   #79
DMALMAD

Yes I did the instructions for someone who wanted to use only MR-03 dbl a-arm parts. I have another mount for this chassis so the 02 double a-arm is plug and play
Old 2015.06.10, 11:52 PM   #80
DMALMAD

Pre-order is up!

demracing.net

For those of you who will be picking up at Maj's Hobby Shop just put down local pickup so you don't have to pay the extra 6$. I have contacted those of you who have said you wanted one so please order through the site asap so that I can get these chassis quickly. For those of you who are interested but have not asked for me one there will be 4 chassis sets remaining after the preorder so don't worry you haven't mised out yet I will continue to update the site when I get stock in for spares and other hardware neccesary for the build but for those of you who have preordered please refer to the parts list on the website (can also be found floating around in this thread). Just a reminder guys when everyone has paid for their preorder it will take about 2-3 weeks for me to get everything, check everything, and then ship them out so the sooner you order the sooner you get the chassis

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.06.11 at 02:36 AM.
Old 2015.06.11, 12:23 PM   #81
DMALMAD

Hey just a quick update, the production chassis will be comming with balance holes down the center of the chassis and the rear pod independantly. This means that you can balance the chassis and pod seperatly to fine tune your weight distribution Speaking of weight distribution the plug side of the battery is lighter than the opposite end so if without the battery one side is heavier than the other, flip the battery around and maybe the balance might work out near perfect. (It worked for me)

Also check out the logo down below
Notice the shape of the "M" I still have to work on getting the "R" to match up but it looks really good as it is rigt now. Anyways tell me what you guys think!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DMR master art2.jpg (183.3 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.06.11 at 12:26 PM.
Old 2015.06.11, 07:39 PM   #82
DMALMAD

Now I can officially say that the DMR MPC is compatible with all front ends avialable for the MR-03 For those of you who were on the border due to versatility I have just the thing I now have a front end mount that will accept the MR-03 double a-arm. You still either need to drill the knuckles or use 02 a-arm knuckles but I think that this is easier and cheaper than buying the other conversion piece. Take a look!

Edit:
For replacements or spare 3d printed parts go to: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/DMALMADracing
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DMR MPC 03 A-Arm mount.pdf (286.7 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.06.11 at 07:53 PM.
Old 2015.06.12, 04:56 PM   #83
DMALMAD

Found a much more affordable servo on HobbyKing. I have updated the parts list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...mVi3DNgc8/edit

This servo is the corona cs929 mg, it is analog but the speed and torque are good and it has metal gears and I can confirm that it will fit and have the right servo horn. Here is a picture of it:

Old 2015.06.12, 11:35 PM   #84
DMALMAD

JUST WANTED TO GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT AND THANK YOU TO THOSE OF YOU WHO PREORDERED Everything is ordered and on its way to me so within 2-3 weeks I hope to see some DMR MPC's out on Track and winning Amains But in all actuality I am so very gracious to have been able to make these chassis and am extremely thankful to the generous racers who made this possible, I am sincerely and eternally grateful. Thank you guys so much

Also I am working on written instructions along with a build video so expect that before the chassis get sent out!
Old 2015.06.13, 08:19 PM   #85
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
JUST WANTED TO GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT AND THANK YOU TO THOSE OF YOU WHO PREORDERED Everything is ordered and on its way to me so within 2-3 weeks I hope to see some DMR MPC's out on Track and winning Amains But in all actuality I am so very gracious to have been able to make these chassis and am extremely thankful to the generous racers who made this possible, I am sincerely and eternally grateful. Thank you guys so much

Also I am working on written instructions along with a build video so expect that before the chassis get sent out!
Congrats!!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.15, 08:56 AM   #86
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

Hi D,

Very impressive. Congratulations! Any videos?
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.15, 10:23 AM   #87
DMALMAD

Here os a video of practice a few weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lbc...ature=youtu.be

I ran it in the regular race that same week but had a couple issues. This week no racing just practice on friday and it was much better. Had the hotlap of the day for the majority of the day but when traction finally came up my tires were no good. Rigth now it had a 7.72 hotlap to rolands 7.59 but I mean that was roland and the traction had come up
Old 2015.06.20, 08:41 PM   #88
gctkaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
Found a much more affordable servo on HobbyKing. I have updated the parts list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...mVi3DNgc8/edit

This servo is the corona cs929 mg, it is analog but the speed and torque are good and it has metal gears and I can confirm that it will fit and have the right servo horn. Here is a picture of it:

I am a big fan of those Corona micro servos and have several from the 919/929/939 lineup just lying around waiting for the right project. There are digital versions available, the analog version have the prefix CS- and the digital ones are prefixed with DS-. The CS-929MG is not the only one at HobbyKing, but they are a bit inconsistently catalogued so you may need to search for some different terms or keep an eye out for the particular model number.

I am currently using the CS-929MG in a 1/18 truck and it rocks, and I have previously used the (very fast) DS-919MG in a 1/24 truck. For around $7 each they are great little servos.
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.21, 07:19 AM   #89
DMALMAD

Yup I found those 919's too. I did a small order of different servos and lipo batteries to test in my car. Really you can't beat hobbykings pricing
Old 2015.06.26, 10:41 AM   #90
DMALMAD

Just an update guys, the Chassis are cut and are expected to be delivered tomorrow (saturday) but the shapeways stuff has been delayed so that stuff might not get to me until the latter half of next week. But I will be making a trip to the post office as soon as I get everything in