Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > New York Mini-Z Racing

Old 2008.01.10, 09:43 AM   #1
ActionRC
Action RC 2

ACTION RC MINI SPEEDWAY: DAYTONA 500 RACE/PARTY! FEB 17th!

Hi, everyone! I would like to cordially invite all of you to the first annual Action RC Mini Speedway NASCAR "Cash-Racing" Championships / Daytona 500 Party on Sunday, February 17th! This is going to be a really fun day of racing on so many levels!!!

1. It's the Daytona 500! Come to Action RC and watch The Great American Race with all of your NASCAR fan buddies! Will Tony Stewart bring his new Toyota to victory on the high-banks? (I hope so!!!) Will Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson continue the domination they demonstrated last season? (I hope not!!!) How will the Car of Tomorrow (now the Car of Today) run at Daytona? If you are not a NASCAR fan, but have always been intrigued, this will be a great opportunity to surround yourself and dive into the NASCAR culture!

2. Cash Racing! Well, it's actually Gift Certificate racing like we do every Thursday night, but this will be an all-NASCAR event. The more drivers that show up, the higher the payouts will be. If you race at Action RC on Thursday nights, you know the routine, and if not, this is a really exciting element to spice-up our already exciting race program. Let's get lots of drivers, and let's give away a lot of Gift Certificates! Rules for this event will be fine-tuned as we know how many attendees we will have.

As a side-bar, many of our drivers with younger children have expressed interest in having their kids run in the NASCAR class. While this is difficult on a Saturday night, this might be a good opportunity to get our potential younger drivers into their own class of oval racing. Ideally, I see a class of, say, 9 and younger aged drivers who don't have to worry about getting slammed by much faster and better drivers. Maybe a 6 tooth, stock motor class? Think about it and let me know if you or your children are interested.

3. The Body Contest! Of all the custom bodies that are run at Action RC, the NASCAR bodies have a unique and exciting look to them that makes them super-realistic looking. We'll have some prizes for the best of the best NASCAR bodies, so start painting and get those decals! (Let's try not to have a field of 99's and 29's!!!)

4. Food! I did say this was the Daytona 500 PARTY, and no celebration is complete without food, so all registered drivers will get tickets for two slices of pizza and a soda.

Registration for this event will be $18 per driver, and our normal NASCAR rules will apply. If you haven't done so already, start getting your NASCAR car ready! If you are thinking of getting a NASCAR car, please let me know so I can make sure I order enough chassis', bodies, wheels, tires, upgrades, etc. Don't wait 'til the last minute or I may not have what you want in stock! We'll open at 12:00 for practice, and registration will be open to the first 33 drivers. Pre-registration and pre-payment is necessary, so register soon to ensure your spot in the big race! Call or email if you have any questions, as always.

It's kind of the unofficial slogan of Action RC Mini Speedway, but I've never meant it more than now: "Gentleman, start your batteries!!!"

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
718-317-5420
info@actionRCspeedway.com
www.actionRCspeedway.com
ActionRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 10:39 AM   #2
pottbellysrc

Al this sounds cool. I believe it's a good weekend for me. Is this going to only be the standard class we run or can we add a whatever you can fit under the nascar body class open mod for the fun of it?

Last edited by pottbellysrc; 2008.01.10 at 10:41 AM.
pottbellysrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 12:31 PM   #3
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottbellysrc
Al this sounds cool. I believe it's a good weekend for me. Is this going to only be the standard class we run or can we add a whatever you can fit under the nascar body class open mod for the fun of it?
I'm all for it......

Custom Paint, Custom Stickers, Wraps, Pitboards, Graphic Design

TEAM DRIVER FOR: PN RACING, TRP, TEAM SCREAM, DG DESIGNS

Last edited by Davey G; 2008.01.10 at 12:40 PM.
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 12:38 PM   #4
pottbellysrc

had another Great Relevation.. LOL..

What about F1 cars acting like Indy cars...... :-)

BTW Dave's even Slower on the oval.... LOL
Old 2008.01.10, 01:50 PM   #5
ZYHAC
STREETZ

Send a message via Yahoo to ZYHAC
I am up for an open class.
ZYHAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 02:04 PM   #6
sjm324

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottbellysrc
had another Great Relevation.. LOL..

What about F1 cars acting like Indy cars...... :-)

BTW Dave's even Slower on the oval.... LOL
I would like to run f1 cars like Indy cars too. I dont think Al wanted to have people run them because he thought they would get damaged to easily. I agree with him looking out for everyone. If a bunch of us wants to run them on the oval maybe he would consider it

Adam
sjm324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 04:40 PM   #7
Scrapper
Stu

Send a message via MSN to Scrapper
i will be there
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.10, 09:25 PM   #8
k_bojar

Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar Send a message via MSN to k_bojar
I'm pretty certain I'm in for the nascar race...Just Nascar, can't run F1's on the oval, just don't seem right almost like sacriliage (sp?)

PottBelly's R/C Raceway (RIP) | Team Tekin | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.11, 02:55 PM   #9
pottbellysrc

Ya know things come in 3's so here's my third Great Idea LOL

How about a Stock Mr02 Nascar class. Basically the normal MR02 class with nascar bodies. that will be the difference you can run any wheels and tires you want that are legal for Mr02 class. All Mr02 Rules apply except has to be a nascar body..... That would be cool and cheap for everyone to come play all they need is a body.

Count me in Al I'll be there...
Old 2008.01.14, 02:55 PM   #10
pottbellysrc

Where is Everybody?
Old 2008.01.14, 04:24 PM   #11
CDR racing
Crop

Send a message via AIM to CDR racing
I think everyone is missing the point of this event. Dont forget its a DAYTONA 500 party.. Its meant to be a day to celebrate the NASCAR season starting and to get to watch the race with some friends. One of the ways of doing that is running our own version of the 500 with the NASCAR class. Running F1 kind of defeats the purpose of a Daytona 500 party. Lol. Regardless its sure to be a very fun day of racing. Hope to see you guys there.
CDR racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.14, 08:54 PM   #12
Scrapper
Stu

how long are the races gonna be about
Old 2008.01.15, 01:15 PM   #13
pottbellysrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR racing
I think everyone is missing the point of this event. Dont forget its a DAYTONA 500 party.. Its meant to be a day to celebrate the NASCAR season starting and to get to watch the race with some friends. One of the ways of doing that is running our own version of the 500 with the NASCAR class. Running F1 kind of defeats the purpose of a Daytona 500 party. Lol. Regardless its sure to be a very fun day of racing. Hope to see you guys there.
I know I'm not missing the point and I don't agree it defeats the purpose. I understand about the Daytona 500 it's the Great American Race.

DAYTONA is the Kick off of ALL racing in the US pretty much. That's why some of us don't think it so bad to have a INDY (aka F1 cars) class run. Indy is part of American Racing and it Teams their biggest event with the Biggest week in Nascar every year.

IMO the only thing that could defeat the purpose of a dedicated oval race would be mixing in road course. Not other types of oval.

But the bigger part for me about pushing for secondary classes is justfying 3+ hrs of commuting up there to run one class. If it's not Indy (aka F1's) we should have something else. And no I don't cherry pick kids classes like i hear Stugottz is gonna do .
Old 2008.01.15, 08:16 PM   #14
Scrapper
Stu

middle finger smiley

Dudei pick good classes

How about we run mod xmod
Old 2008.01.23, 04:36 PM   #15
ActionRC
Action RC 2

Nascar Event

Hi, guys. Just to address some questions that came up, I want to keep it one class. Like Crop said - it's a celebration of the NASCAR season kicking off, and an opportunity to watch the race with friends, eat, and have fun racing the cars we're watching on TV. We'll be running a combination of races to add up to one large race so that we can keep turning the groups over. I'll give more event (rules) info as we nail them down, but don't worry about running one class - you'll have PLENTY of drive time!!!
ActionRC is offline   Reply With Quote