Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.11.11, 11:58 AM   #1
46u

Good news and bad news got my RCP track!

The good news I received my RCP track. Bad news do to all the work I am doing to the house from all the storms ($24,000 and not much help from the insurance company!) we had I will not have the garage clean out where I can set it up for 2 or 3 more weeks. But the track looks great!
46u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.11, 12:17 PM   #2
fraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u
The good news I received my RCP track. Bad news do to all the work I am doing to the house from all the storms ($24,000 and not much help from the insurance company!) we had I will not have the garage clean out where I can set it up for 2 or 3 more weeks. But the track looks great!

That's ok, just set up in the living room Good to see you picked up the RCP track, it's the bomb!
Old 2004.11.11, 04:19 PM   #3
SeniorChief
Retired Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz
That's ok, just set up in the living room Good to see you picked up the RCP track, it's the bomb!
That's where mine is right now...
SeniorChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.11, 04:49 PM   #4
ExtraPickles
Bringing up the rear...

Nothing like sitting trackside in the ole recliner

-pickles
ExtraPickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.12, 08:43 AM   #5
46u

Sat in the box since Monday and last night I just could not take it any longer!!!!!!! After 7 days a week for 7 weeks working on the house and not much more I needed a brake!!! So I moved the chairs from the dinning room in to the living room, took the boards out of the table pushed it over to the side and set it up. Had to leave one row of tiles out of the L part because there was not quite enough room but makes for interesting driving. Had to make a few changes on the set up on my cars and this thing is a blast! I all ready want a bigger track!!! All I am running in the motor department is X speed and Speedy with out any board up grades and I do not see on this small track where it would help to have anything more then what I have as it is all most to much. I have noticed that the track is kicking up a good bit of black dust from the tiles is this normal?
Guess I will have to make a few more laps today as it is raining and I cannot work on the house! Breaks my heart HA HA!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My RC cars truchs and track small.JPG (42.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 2004.11.12, 09:06 AM   #6
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u
...I all ready want a bigger track!!! All I am running in the motor department is X speed and Speedy with out any board up grades and I do not see on this small track where it would help to have anything more then what I have as it is all most to much. I have noticed that the track is kicking up a good bit of black dust from the tiles is this normal?
i know exactly what you mean i started out with a wide L and look at me now! not quite up to tnb's level but getting there....

i agree. x-speed or similar is more than enough for small rcp tracks. once you get up to the 2 wide L layous though you can have some fun with turbo x-speed or similar setups. tires are pretty much the key component to any rcp setup. weight balance is another interesting factor as well.

yes, track dust is normal. it actually looks rather cool after a day of racing to see the dust buildup on the car. nothing a can of air can't fix, just make sure it doesn't blow back into your eyes. trust me, it's not comfortable. i'd rather have track dust than hair/carpet fiber build up any day.

usually, a broom is all that's needed to clean which is good to do every once in awhile. becareful using a vaccuum with rotating brissels. if you let is sit and spin they will gouge the tiles. i have one or two such spots already. also, try to keep the brisstle hieght high as the low settings really smooth the surface out making it more slick over time. it's also easy to hose off outdoors which is nice to do every month or so to get all the dust out of corners etc.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.12, 09:47 AM   #7
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

46u, great to here. We have some blanks to widen the Mini, when you get the room. I recommend installing them in the turns at first, since the lane width for 1/24 scale cars is a little tight.

The debris found on the track when first taken out of the box, is left over from the manufacturing process that creates the custom texture on the rough side of the tiles. Once you have vacuumed the track, the debris created by the tire friction, is much less.

When I vacuum my track, I use a hose attachment and vacuum in the direction of the groomed pattern. This helps to clean the tiles in the interlocking links and prevents any vacuum rotating brush marks that Arch mentioned.

I believe any track with a lane width in the 24" and below range should be marketed for 1/43 and smaller cars or for (2) or (3) 1/24 scale cars, max. You also need a little bit of skill to get the cars around such a narrow lane track, as you have experienced. It is disturbing to see how others who are trying to sell DIY tracks on the internet are marketing them as Mini-Z and Xmods tracks that can be used for up to 6 cars at one time. The tracks that I have seen have a lane width of around 20- 22” , which is much too narrow for (6) 1/24 scale cars and would take great skills just to get (1) or (2) 1/24 scale cars around the track, due to the speed and handling of the car.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.11.12 at 10:12 AM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.12, 10:12 AM   #8
ChattavegasSE
Zoom Zoom!

Send a message via AIM to ChattavegasSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u
If you'd like, you can send it up to me so it'll be out of your way while you work. I'll even break it in for no extra charge.
Old 2004.11.12, 10:24 AM   #9
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Edit time expired.

The RCP Mini-96 was first designed as a track more suited for 1/43 and smaller vehicles, but those with good driving skills have turned the track into a 1/24 scale one as well. I think this is mostly due to the track handling characteristics and the ability to set up your 1/24 scale car to hook up around the turns. In my opinion, if a track has very minimal handling characteristics, it would be even harder to get the 1/24 scale vehicles around a 20" - 24" lane width.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.11.12 at 10:31 AM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.11.12, 04:41 PM   #10
46u

[QUOTE=RCPMini-z]46u, great to here. We have some blanks to widen the Mini, when you get the room. I recommend installing them in the turns at first, since the lane width for 1/24 scale cars is a little tight.

Mine is not the mini tile it is the wide L and I sent RCP a email yesterday asking how much some of the add on tiles are but have not heard anything back yet.
Old 2004.11.12, 05:39 PM   #11
fraz

The mini-tile96 is definitely doable for Mini-Z if you have your radio set up well and decent driving skills. I have let my friends try my track and my mod car and they didi very well. A lot better than they thought they would do.

Hey John, any chance of getting some of those blank tiles? I was thinking of tearing down my old carpet track in my 2nd bedroom and making a permanent RCP layout. Also, I have been away for a bit but did you finally come up with some production sweepers like we talked about?
Old 2004.11.12, 08:49 PM   #12
46u

[QUOTE=fraz]The mini-tile96 is definitely doable for Mini-Z if you have your radio set up well and decent driving skills. I have let my friends try my track and my mod car and they didi very well. A lot better than they thought they would do.

I do not dough the mini tile tracks are doable. If you look at RCP web site the mini is recommended for 1/28 or smaller. I run mostly F1 which is about 1/24 scale and about as long as the 1/18 scale so I bought the wide L as I think this suits me better for what I am running.