Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.02.04, 01:03 PM   #1
Solo1
Old nut

FlySky It4

Well thought i'd put this here for anyone else looking for a radio for the miniz03s.
I bought a IT4 and am using it with a 03s I could not get it to bind at first then i
Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off. Then power on tx and Mini-Z and they will pair on their own. then you need to reverse chanel 4 to get full steering and rev ch 1 to get it to steer the right direction. Then you can change the endpoints to 120 (move the wheel to the right to get the right side)and you will have more steering than with the kt19, boost the throtle to 120 and your car will go a bit faster than with the k19 also. The only problem i'm still having, thou i havent bothered too much lately, is getting it to work with another car. I didnt like the wheel pivoting out so i stuck some double sided tape under it and that solved that. Would prefer a bit more spring tension on both the trigger and wheel but i guess you can't have everything. So far its working pretty well will post back when i find more.
Solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.04, 01:12 PM   #2
briankstan

thanks for posting this information.
Old 2015.02.08, 10:23 AM   #3
Solo1
Old nut

Ok so i've been using it for a while now and am pleased! all the changes on the radio are effective thou i probably wont use most of them, ABS works well but it took me some time to get it that way. The radio imho is really worth the money, there is no way a kt19 come even close to this! As i am finding out the gt3c also works with the mini z so you can get a decent radio for the sports cheap. I still havent spent any time trying to bind to another car, have mostly been tuning up my race car and radio setup as i now have a highly modified stock class racer! Hope this helps anyone interested in upgrading a sports radio!

Last edited by Solo1; 2015.02.08 at 10:43 AM.
Old 2015.02.08, 12:50 PM   #4
byebye

Well this is good news for those with a sports racer.

This reminds me of the days when we all had a bunch of kt-5 radios laying around after we discovered the futaba and Helios.

I'm curious to see it in action. Thanks for sharing.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.15, 08:20 AM   #5
martoediefroets

Any chance of the gt3b to bind?
martoediefroets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.15, 09:14 AM   #6
Solo1
Old nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by martoediefroets View Post
so i understand people have been using it also, i dont have 1 myself http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39913 check this link.
Old 2015.02.15, 01:28 PM   #7
stefano225

Quote:
I'm using a GT3B no problems so far .
stefano225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.16, 03:33 PM   #8
briankstan

have you gotten it to bind with multiple cars yet?
Old 2015.02.20, 03:24 PM   #9
martoediefroets

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano225 View Post
I'm using a GT3B no problems so far .
I have binded my GT3B to my sports, but even with 120% endpoint setting the steering angle is very limited.
With the og kt19 i get more steering.
I am trying to figure out why i get less streering from the GT3B.
martoediefroets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.20, 03:39 PM   #10
briankstan

Quote:
I have binded my GT3B to my sports, but even with 120% endpoint setting the steering angle is very limited.
I had no problems binding the Mini-Z FHS to the Flysky GT3C radio. worked first time.

I am having the same problem with the FS-GT3C TX I have the endpoints maxed out at 120% as well and I'm not seeing the full steering that I get with the KT-19. Also it seem like the response time with the GT3C is slower than the KT-19 as well. in my opinion the KT-19 is the better radio because of the fast response time and full steering.

I'll probably return the GT3C and try the IT4.

Any report on if the IT4 has full steering? and hows the response time?

I'm trying to work up a good combo to recommend to a few guys that are looking to get cars but want a better radio and something they can use with multiple cars with model memory.
Old 2015.02.20, 07:04 PM   #11
Solo1
Old nut

The it4 will turn a tighter circle than the kt19 when adjusted to 120 I haven't tried to bind to another car lately as i've been running tires off finding the best setup for my race car!! I really like the it4 and the only thing i could complain about would be if it wont bind with another car but it is a really nice radio,i like it in some ways better than my mt4, like the on screen help and back lit screen though that helps use up battery. if it had triger and wheel adjustment like the mt4 i think it would be a better radio! I would say responce time is better than the kt19 but that is only by feel no real way to measure. Must add i have 2 kt19's and they dont both act the same 1 always feels quirky and 1 doesnt feel too bad but the it4 imho is way better than either of them.

Last edited by Solo1; 2015.02.20 at 08:03 PM.
Old 2015.02.20, 07:17 PM   #12
Solo1
Old nut

Quote:
does this radio have a 4th chanel? if so reverse it and try. The it4 would only turn a bit till i reversed chanel 4 and chanel1 as they turned the wrong way then moved it up to 120% now the car will turn tighter than a kt19 The it4 has a button under your little finger i had to put a piece of plastic over cause if you push the button it doesnt steer fully, couldn't figure out why i was crashing every so often? DOH! lol

Last edited by Solo1; 2015.02.20 at 07:20 PM.
Old 2015.02.20, 07:59 PM   #13
Solo1
Old nut

Just tried to bind the it4 to my ferrari 458 and got it to work!! Now if i remember correctly, turn on radio and choose new model, go to rx setup and uncheck the 2, turn off radio push and hold pairing button on car and power up turn on radio, lite on car should now be solid and not blinking, turn off car and radio then turn them back on they should now work rev ch 4 and ch1 then turn ch1 up to 120 turn wheel right to get right side and turn up to 120 at this point the raised portion of the tie rod should all but hit the chassie when the wheel is turned. went back to the Mclaren and it worked too!! I also have it bound to the receiver that came with it and have it in my traxxis slash 4x4 Another thing is the receivers are cheep i got 2 on fleabay for $20 instead of $100 for 1 airtronics!

Last edited by Solo1; 2015.02.20 at 08:11 PM.
Old 2015.02.20, 10:07 PM   #14
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1 View Post
Just tried to bind the it4 to my ferrari 458 and got it to work!! Now if i remember correctly, turn on radio and choose new model, go to rx setup and uncheck the 2, turn off radio push and hold pairing button on car and power up turn on radio, lite on car should now be solid and not blinking, turn off car and radio then turn them back on they should now work rev ch 4 and ch1 then turn ch1 up to 120 turn wheel right to get right side and turn up to 120 at this point the raised portion of the tie rod should all but hit the chassie when the wheel is turned. went back to the Mclaren and it worked too!! I also have it bound to the receiver that came with it and have it in my traxxis slash 4x4 Another thing is the receivers are cheep i got 2 on fleabay for $20 instead of $100 for 1 airtronics!
thanks for the update. I've already packaged the GT3C to send back and ordered the IT4. it'll be here next week and I'll give it a try. I appreciate the feedback greatly.
Old 2015.02.21, 07:26 AM   #15
Solo1
Old nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
thanks for the update. I've already packaged the GT3C to send back and ordered the IT4. it'll be here next week and I'll give it a try. I appreciate the feedback greatly.
Would like to hear your opinion of this radio once you run it a bit!