Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2017.01.06, 11:57 AM   #31
DMALMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
I ha e that motor already in there. So it just needs to be labeled as "Atomic 5000KV"

Also when you get the BZ, can you weigh it complete with battery and body, might need to add weight to meet the minimum weight.
With Lexan body my BZ is under 150g and that was with the 560mah battery, with the 360s I am running that come with it as standard I would assume it would prob be close to 145g. I think the AL chassis adds 5g and plastic body probably another 5-10 depending on make. So it definitely needs weight to make it legal.

DMR MPC 1/27th Aftermarket Pan Chassis
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.01.06, 05:07 PM   #32
RussF
Salt Lake Mini-Z

Quote:
I'd like to open up discussion for allowing the use of some of the new chassis that are available for use in HFAY. Along with this discussion I would like your opinions on what you thing should and shouldn't be allowed with respect to some of the chassis that are powered by different types of ESC's and Servos along with being mostly brushless and lipo powered. What's fair or reasonably equal in terms of speed with our current requirements?
First thing to keep in mind is this is all for fun. With that said:

My opinion is that HFAY needs to be 2 classes for sure. 2WD Racer and 4WD Open.

The Racer class for HFAY needs to be 2wd, NiMh batteries with hard plastic autoscale body, PN 70t or 5500kv or less brushless motor, 170 grams minimum weight limit (I did not see a weight limit in the season 20 rules, did I miss it?). And only one entry per contestant. Some considerations for rules are: Radio, PCB, chassis, aftermarket parts, body modification, as well as other things. But adding a bunch of specifics would get hard to do and limit the fun.

For a 4wd class, this could be open to whatever you want to run for now to gather data.

Id also like to see specialty classes added like F1, Nascar, 90mm, and others for the clubs that run them. The biggest problem is time to complete the races for too many classes.

For general rules I'd like to see the race time shortened to 5 minutes per race. But thats me because I'm old and grumpy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye View Post
Last point that's a bit off topic- I wasn't aware I could enter more than once...I don't think this is really fair since you've essentially given yourself two chances to win when the rules state you only get one opportunity to submit times...this bumps a lot of people down the list that would have otherwise finished better...I know it's your race series and you'll do what you want but I know I'm not the only that has brought this up.
I hadnt considered this but he's right. In the Racer Season 20 Brian bumped Bill C. down to 5th instead of getting 4th, and Chad bumped Raymond C. to 10th instead of getting 8th. I think only one entry should be allowed per class. Running these brushless cars in the Racer class would be fine if it was the only car the person ran in the class.
Old 2017.01.06, 06:29 PM   #33
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i actually prefer the longer mains myself. more time to recover, with a tight class, small track, a couple mistakes makes an enormous difference in a short race. nothing less fun than being out if it before you get into it.

time is indeed the biggest hurdle. we run both directions on the same day and it takes all of 4-5 hours. i would be willing to drop counterclockwise direction and replace with picking up another class. BTE already adds MOD class to the options and rules set.

F1 is already in there just not very popular or garners sufficient participation. Nascar failed as a mini-z line and i don't see that ever coming back, especially with autoscale prices where they are now.

why bother with adding 'AWD' to an unlimited class title? at that point, darwin's principal will weed out the chaff as others have mentioned. likewise, no real point in labeling racer class '2WD' AWD still participate in small numbers and have weeded themselves out of the 70T small track bracket. it's adding a layer of divisiveness to something when isn't really necessary. we all have members in our club that run 'X' just because it's what they like and prefer, regardless of the results. why exclude that participation? especially if emphasis is on having fun.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.01.06, 09:26 PM   #34
byebye

Quote:
Also, are you going to test with a an ASC Body or with a lexan body.
I only planned to use an asc. I think that is one absolute rule that should never change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i'm happy to drive a car for data logging, if provided. I just don't have any of them myself.
I will have my BZ before our next race day so I'll have both the amz and bz available. I can swap the amz motor for you. It's already covered with an R8

Quote:
I ha e that motor already in there. So it just needs to be labeled as "Atomic 5000KV"

Also when you get the BZ, can you weigh it complete with battery and body, might need to add weight to meet the minimum weight.

I'll see if Ben wants to run his BZ as well in this upcoming season as a benchmark as well.
I suppose this is one very big factor because the lipo adds a significant weight loss. In my experience with the AMR(2wd) it almost didn't have the weight underneath to keep it planted. I think Dmalmads posted weight claim is true. Again though I think we should gather some data before you make any rule changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
i actually prefer the longer mains myself. more time to recover, with a tight class, small track, a couple mistakes makes an enormous difference in a short race. nothing less fun than being out if it before you get into it.

time is indeed the biggest hurdle. we run both directions on the same day and it takes all of 4-5 hours. i would be willing to drop counterclockwise direction and replace with picking up another class. BTE already adds MOD class to the options and rules set.

F1 is already in there just not very popular or garners sufficient participation. Nascar failed as a mini-z line and i don't see that ever coming back, especially with autoscale prices where they are now.

why bother with adding 'AWD' to an unlimited class title? at that point, darwin's principal will weed out the chaff as others have mentioned. likewise, no real point in labeling racer class '2WD' AWD still participate in small numbers and have weeded themselves out of the 70T small track bracket. it's adding a layer of divisiveness to something when isn't really necessary. we all have members in our club that run 'X' just because it's what they like and prefer, regardless of the results. why exclude that participation? especially if emphasis is on having fun.
I agree. I love this hobby so much I'd be willing to run 15min. mains. On our local days we run 10min. mains and we finish in the triple digits of laps. Please don't take my wheel time :-)

And arch2b nails it; inclusive not exclusive...
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote