Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > HIRCR

Old 2005.06.27, 04:45 PM   #91
madf1man
Bogus nachos

I,ll post some pics tonight
madf1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.27, 04:48 PM   #92
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
althoughi only raced in teh overland class for the kyosho cup series, the f1 was always by far the most popular to watch. something about the tight racing and the high pitch screem of the cars just draws you to them as dangerous as the open wheel f1's are to race, i've seen them take a beating and i've seen them almost fall apart. you never know what's going to be the nail in the coffin so to speak.

thanks for the review ruf, well worth reading
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.27, 05:20 PM   #93
Biff
Gary

I started racing offroad in 94 and gave up racing in 2000 because of the usual crap that goes with bad attitudes and the "Win or Die" mentality of a handfull of folks. The fun factor was gone for me. Last year I bought a gas truck and raced it 5 times and sold it. Then I bought a BK2, raced it 3 times and sold it. Even after a 4 year layoff, I still wasnt having fun. I thought about trying slot cars. LOL. I was looking around on the THRC site and I saw these MiniZs and just knew I had to give them a try. I was very impressed with the simplicity and affordability factors of these cars and started looking deeper into this unknown and underground scene of MiniZs. Thats when I was directed to this site. As I started reading posts I saw a handle I recognized from years ago. ruf. Named after a car on Grand Turismo. Back in the day, he really wasnt a very good driver. Sorry Joe, but you were terrible in offroad. LMAO! Decent driver in onroad though. If he drove a "KIT" car that wasnt built from Tamiya, AE and Losi parts. FrankenCars. He caught my attention by his attitude and his vision of what he thought RC car racing should be like. I liked what he was saying and we cooked Hot Dawgs. (Long story) LOL

Moving forward, when I saw he running around here trying to help everyone he could, I knew that MiniZ racing was for me. Joe was racing them, I had to try them myself. He helped me get me going, got me parts, worked on my car, gave me advice and has got me hooked on Mini racing. This is where I belong. Thanks Joe.

Even though this was only my second MiniZ race, I had more fun this weekend than I have had in years. At 47 years old, I think I was the oldest racer there, and Im very tired even on Monday, But Im ready to do it again. Im pupmed up, feeling good and might go to the Worlds too. Im dusting off the car now, ready for the next run.

Thanks to the Watts family for coming down for this race. I have a funny feeling they had fun. Nick beat me though. LOL. We both had set up problems on Saturday but on Sunday our cars were working alot better and he just outdrove me but it was a blast hearing how we were constantly dicing. Seems like every run all I heard from the announcer was the closest race was between him and I. But he beat me. He deserved it cuz I made him work for it.

After the main I asked him how he liked racing in Texas. His response was "Quality".

Yea. I agree!

Maybe in the future we can have a big/little race here in Texas just for fun. Maybe a HotDawg race for charity.................. Who knows.
Old 2005.06.27, 06:02 PM   #94
TITANIUM
ready to race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
I started racing offroad in 94 and gave up racing in 2000 because of the usual crap that goes with bad attitudes and the "Win or Die" mentality of a handfull of folks. The fun factor was gone for me. Last year I bought a gas truck and raced it 5 times and sold it. Then I bought a BK2, raced it 3 times and sold it. Even after a 4 year layoff, I still wasnt having fun. I thought about trying slot cars. LOL. I was looking around on the THRC site and I saw these MiniZs and just knew I had to give them a try. I was very impressed with the simplicity and affordability factors of these cars and started looking deeper into this unknown and underground scene of MiniZs. Thats when I was directed to this site. As I started reading posts I saw a handle I recognized from years ago. ruf. Named after a car on Grand Turismo. Back in the day, he really wasnt a very good driver. Sorry Joe, but you were terrible in offroad. LMAO! Decent driver in onroad though. If he drove a "KIT" car that wasnt built from Tamiya, AE and Losi parts. FrankenCars. He caught my attention by his attitude and his vision of what he thought RC car racing should be like. I liked what he was saying and we cooked Hot Dawgs. (Long story) LOL

Moving forward, when I saw he running around here trying to help everyone he could, I knew that MiniZ racing was for me. Joe was racing them, I had to try them myself. He helped me get me going, got me parts, worked on my car, gave me advice and has got me hooked on Mini racing. This is where I belong. Thanks Joe.

Even though this was only my second MiniZ race, I had more fun this weekend than I have had in years. At 47 years old, I think I was the oldest racer there, and Im very tired even on Monday, But Im ready to do it again. Im pupmed up, feeling good and might go to the Worlds too. Im dusting off the car now, ready for the next run.

Thanks to the Watts family for coming down for this race. I have a funny feeling they had fun. Nick beat me though. LOL. We both had set up problems on Saturday but on Sunday our cars were working alot better and he just outdrove me but it was a blast hearing how we were constantly dicing. Seems like every run all I heard from the announcer was the closest race was between him and I. But he beat me. He deserved it cuz I made him work for it.

After the main I asked him how he liked racing in Texas. His response was "Quality".

Yea. I agree!

Maybe in the future we can have a big/little race here in Texas just for fun. Maybe a HotDawg race for charity.................. Who knows.
that’s the story behind many many many z'ers! its great isn’t it!
99% of the z crowd are people just like Shannon & nick...
as for the win or die attitude.....most of the z'ers I know have that too but in a good way...
Myself defiantly...it’s just too bad I dont see the win side of things enough
atleast i always see the fun side....
TITANIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.27, 07:02 PM   #95
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q ball
Joe's OTHER car still won in F1 ! I'm telling you, it was the car NOT the driver! We didn't change a thing on that car all weekend. Thanks Joe!
joe can definately hook a car up...glad to see it all went well. I'll have to come and race the next race where its cold here and warm there.
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.27, 07:04 PM   #96
Biff
Gary

Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANIUM
that’s the story behind many many many z'ers! its great isn’t it!
99% of the z crowd are people just like Shannon & nick...
as for the win or die attitude.....most of the z'ers I know have that too but in a good way...
Myself defiantly...it’s just too bad I dont see the win side of things enough
atleast i always see the fun side....

Thats why I like racing with Zers. Yall rock!
Old 2005.06.27, 07:08 PM   #97
madf1man
Bogus nachos

Heres a few pics.I,ll let Joe go thru the rest. This should be easy but computors tweak my chassis for some reason!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image010.jpg (35.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Image072.jpg (13.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Image075.jpg (37.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Image079.jpg (33.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Image081.jpg (36.5 KB, 21 views)
madf1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.27, 07:47 PM   #98
ruf
4play

I STILL suck at offroad! hahaha!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'll work on getting the pics up asap.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube

Last edited by ruf; 2005.06.27 at 07:59 PM.
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.27, 09:59 PM   #99
Celticpride311

I had a blast. I gotta thank Joe, Cristian, and Trey for putting on such a great race. That was the most fun Ive ever had racing. But the most fun for the weekend was had after the race when we were taking everything down and raced treys carts around the show room. OH MAN! I dont think anyone heard about that. That was the best!!!! We need to do that again. lol
Celticpride311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.27, 10:10 PM   #100
ruf
4play

TIMMAY!
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
Old 2005.06.27, 11:42 PM   #101
Celticpride311

hahahahahaha. Mango Joe!!!!
Celticpride311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.28, 12:18 AM   #102
ruf
4play

timmy timmay...
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
Old 2005.06.28, 05:08 PM   #103
Q ball

Biff.... Get with me on that Hot Dog charity thing.... 1) I work for a charity. 2) I had a Mini-Z company approach me about doing just such a thing....
Q ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.29, 05:39 PM   #104
Biff
Gary

Scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q ball
Biff.... Get with me on that Hot Dog charity thing.... 1) I work for a charity. 2) I had a Mini-Z company approach me about doing just such a thing....

Good! Lets do this. Where would you like to start the conversation? This site would be fine with me. I think its perfect. Need a new thread through.
Old 2005.06.30, 12:49 AM   #105
ruf
4play

The race reports:

http://www.reflexracing.net/pnreport.asp
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube