Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.12.03, 07:42 PM   #1
pHREDD
z of mini

New Beginnings.

Here is a post on the status of our race club in Chattanooga. We finally found a warehouse that was 10 x 20 feet in size. We got our RCP tracks in and headed to our new place. Upon arrival we unboxed the tracks and started installing rail and laying track. To our surprise we could only fit about one wide L track in the building. It was really disappointing to have a couple of boxes full of track left and nowhere to lay it. We wiped the frowns off our faces and decided that it was better than nothing and started racing. I must say if we were not disappointed enough, none of our cars would run right. They would glitch to the left, then to the right or suddenly take off in reverse. The metal storage building just interfered with the cars reception too much. We could not get a race in at all. We hung our heads and cried, packed up the track and told the owner of the building that we wouldn’t be back. It was a dark night for our race club.

I was at work today with about 30 minutes to go when I got a phone call. It was Todd calling telling me about a new place he found and I needed to go with him to meet the guy and talk about a room. At first I told Todd that I already had plans with the wife and I couldn’t make it and then I remembered that opportunity doesn’t knock everyday. I decide to go with Todd and meet the guy with and called my wife and told here to hold on for a half hour and I would call here after we were done. We drove about 2 miles from where I work to an old school that had been turned into a recreation center. They had a basketball court, ping pong tables, and the usual stuff you would find in a recreation center. We meet the guy running the place and talked to him about a room to rent. What he told us next was almost unbelievable.

We were told that he could set us up in a room for a few months for free. All the recreation center asked in return was for us to put on a exhibition every couple months for the kids. He said as long as we give back to the community there would be no charge for the room. These rooms are full size class rooms I am guessing around 30 x 30 feet. The room is climate controlled with power outlets everywhere. Our track can be set up and left in the room under lock and key. The guy at the center said he could also take pictures and advertise for us in their pamphlets and brochures that they hand out. Is this a dream come true? I was stunned at the offer. We are going to meet next week to finalize the deal as there are some details to work out. It could fall through and that’s the way it is with everything in life. Were going to keep our fingers crossed.

I just wanted to post this so that all of our members that surf these forums will be in the know and also to all the other members that keep up with our soap operas.
Old 2004.12.03, 08:14 PM   #2
terraz

Very Cool... hope all works out, I would love to find a place to set up my track permanently.... Rec Center , We got a brand new one of those.....????
terraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.03, 08:27 PM   #3
techno
Hopeless Z addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraz
Very Cool... hope all works out, I would love to find a place to set up my track permanently.... Rec Center , We got a brand new one of those.....????
very cool i hope that some day i can get a crew together and do that
Old 2004.12.03, 08:28 PM   #4
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
I have had the crazy glitch problem on mine if I stand inside my metal carport. But out side of it I am fine. Those metal walls and roof bounce the signals all over the place.
Old 2004.12.03, 08:37 PM   #5
mini-z
Administrator

Awesome, hope your lucky streak continues! Let us know if you need an MZR banner for the track!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.03, 08:45 PM   #6
McLaren F1 T3
MAN SHOOT

Send a message via AIM to McLaren F1 T3 Send a message via Yahoo to McLaren F1 T3
wow, its from nothing to everything, this really is a fantasy that came true...
thats awesome phredd, i hope it all works out
Old 2004.12.03, 09:10 PM   #7
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
Mini-Z, go ahead and put us down for one of those. wonder if we could get and RCP-Tracks banner? RCP helped us out alot, just want to at least give hime some recognition.
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.03, 09:19 PM   #8
pHREDD
z of mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z
Awesome, hope your lucky streak continues! Let us know if you need an MZR banner for the track!
That would be Fantastic mini-z, we will tell people who ask (and those who dont)to visit mini-zracer.com for information and to buy parts. We may be giving away a couple RTR kits to the kids on exhibition day. (small price to pay for room and board) The Center hopes the RC cars will spark an intrest in the kids and keep them coming back (and off the streets). It could really turn into something good.

Thanks for the replys guys...we will keep this thread updated with pictures of our track and the kids.

I want to give out a special thanks to mini-z for this great site. Without the information kept on these forums, I would have never got hooked on these little R/C cars.

Also a special thanks to the members (you know who you are) Without their imaginations and accomplishments (and how-to pages) I don’t think I would have stayed interested in this great hobby.

Lastly a special thanks to RCP for making the tracks that make this hobby fun

I feel I need to say its not a done deal yet. We will know for sure next week.
Old 2004.12.03, 10:23 PM   #9
cam2
cop magnet :(

Send a message via AIM to cam2
sweet deal! best of luck
Old 2004.12.03, 10:26 PM   #10
ChattavegasSE
Zoom Zoom!

Send a message via AIM to ChattavegasSE
YES!!! That's awesome news guys!!! I have a couple days off next week; we need to get together and start getting the track set up. That is very very very exciting news. Good on ya Todd.

Oh yeah, where is this joint?

Last edited by ChattavegasSE; 2004.12.03 at 10:37 PM.
ChattavegasSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.04, 01:36 AM   #11
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z
I'd be happy to put one on my track
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.04, 10:42 AM   #12
Camshaft
Oh Baby Oh Baby Oh Baby.

I'd like a banner as well.

Once you get the car circuit hooked up, why not a small rock crawler course as well? I'll be sure to visit next time i'm in TN.
Camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.04, 06:50 PM   #13
JTrusley
Mini-Z Racer

Send a message via AIM to JTrusley Send a message via Yahoo to JTrusley
Yes i would like to say thanks to RCP, Mini-Z Racer.com, and all the people that race with Chattanooga Mini-Z Race Club.
Old 2004.12.04, 10:33 PM   #14
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
i just found us a lap timing system for $65 and can handle 8 cars for up to 10 laps. i also got a computer system donated to us for use with a lap timing system what do yall think?
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.04, 10:47 PM   #15
pHREDD
z of mini

Sounds Fantastic!!! Cant wait to see it. Can you give us any more details?