Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.09.17, 12:29 AM   #1
NYCMINIZMONSTER

New MOnstro Truck

Hello!!!!

I finally got my Monster.... I decided on getting the New Chrome Anni.. Edition..
The first impression.... Very fast... maybe toooo fast for an indoor apartment.....

I picked up a New Sony Charger from Cir... City and some 750 energizers and wow..... These are the best batteries I ever used.... Long running time... over 45 minutes.. maybe over an hour....I haven't timed it yet.... and it gives my Baby power...POWER.... I can do wheelies with no problem.... and if you're not carefull you can get back flips... The charger was a bit expensive... However, it's a pretty good charger and the LSD screen is nice... It has some good features.... I recommend it..... It saves a lot of money.... no more weak and costly Alkatrash.....

Back to my Monster.....
I think that I could have been happy and save some money with the regular monster.... I don't think that I needed the stronger motor.... It's so fast that I have to try to go slow.... or I will crash into something....

I couldn't believe the power... It climbs everything.... books, binders, vhs tapes, plates and etc... I even made a ramp in my living room.... This Monstro can jump....
I never had a hobby truck/car before... I now know the difference..... This truck makes turns over my other toy trucks/cars.....

I took the Monstro outside for awhile and every kid in the playground was drooling on the cement.... I think they wanted to jump me.... They tried to chase my truck around.... At first I was afraid that they might step on it and crush it... or take it and cry and not want to give it back.... After awhile I relaxed.... Since it was so fast..... not one of them was able to catch it.... I was having fun making them run circles.... they where having fun chasing it... and the parents felt that it was an amazing way to get them to exercise.... I didn't want them to get hurt while running so I stopped... It was a fun....Win...Win ......situation for everybody.... Monstro Aerobics

I then decided not take it back to yard since I couldn't let everyone try it..... I decided to just keep it home....I will enjoy it at home and take my other toys to the park so that the little kids can use them and I don't have to worry.. I mean the Monstro is expensive and if I let every kid in the park use it..... Then I won't have it anymore by the end of the day..... it won't be the same..... They can drop it on the concrete and really bruise or scratch it..... I rather let them play with my other collection....

To.....end this story.... I just want to thank those for helping me with the freq. question I posted before...

and for those that are looking for a FUN RC TRUCK.... GET Yourself a Mini-Z Monster truck! It Rocks.....

This is the best RC Truck I ever had!!!!! THIS MONSTRO is FUN!!!!!

I hope to meet other Monstro drivers in NYC that would like to get together and have some fun in the near futrue... Let's see what happens...
NYCMINIZMONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.17, 02:37 AM   #2
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMINIZMONSTER
and for those that are looking for a FUN RC TRUCK.... GET Yourself a Mini-Z Monster truck! It Rocks........
Your preaching to the converted!

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.17, 05:46 AM   #3
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
If you are sticking to running in your apartment. I'd say to stick with the 10 tooth pinion that it comes with or switch to the 9 tooth one. I assume you have the manual that shows you how. The 9 tooth will slow it down for a tight place, for in the house I run the ten tooth on mine. The 11 or 12 tooth it takes too long to slow down, I will just use those for outside where you can let it run open.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the club.
Old 2004.09.17, 12:19 PM   #4
NYCMINIZMONSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo
Your preaching to the converted!

Not everyone that read these forums/postings own Monstro Trucks....

I never had a Monstro Truck before..... I use to look through these threads just to see what kind of cars/trucks people are using..... I saw a picture of the Monster Truck.... I liked what I saw.... I read more about them..... and thanks to many in this forum... I took some advice....... Now... I'm happy that I got a Monstro Truck.... It's fun... Maybe.... Someone will read my post and read more info. about the Monstro Truck and buy one....

I usually sail boats....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------HammerZ

Thanks! for the Info...

Last edited by NYCMINIZMONSTER; 2004.09.17 at 12:26 PM.
Old 2004.09.17, 12:35 PM   #5
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
I have an old MR-01 that I take outside on the street when the kids are around. There was one day that there was a group of about 5-8 younger kids and they wanted to play "who can get away from the super fast little car thingy" so I chased them around for 40 minutes or so till the batteries finally died on me. I wasn't too worried about my autoscale cause it was a beater body and didn't mind a few scratches. One of the kids (about 8-9 years old) jumped right on the car while trying to get away and didn't even dislodge the body from the mounts and no damage was done. I don't think that they will damage your Mini-Monster too much if they happen to hit it, but being a brand new monster i'm sure that you want to keep that chrome nice and shiny so you still have reason to worry about that.

What is this Sony Charger you speak of? I just purchased a smart 1-hour charger that is on it's way in the mail along with 12 AAs and 16 AAAs and although I am really excited about what is coming i'm a little worried that I didn't make the right choice (although I did a LOT of research) I didn't even know Sony made a charger, no one was talking about it. So if you could give me a name or a link it would be very apreciated, Thanks.
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.17, 12:37 PM   #6
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMINIZMONSTER
Not everyone that read these forums/postings own Monstro Trucks....

I never had a Monstro Truck before..... I use to look through these threads just to see what kind of cars/trucks people are using..... I saw a picture of the Monster Truck.... I liked what I saw.... I read more about them..... and thanks to many in this forum... I took some advice....... Now... I'm happy that I got a Monstro Truck.... It's fun... Maybe.... Someone will read my post and read more info. about the Monstro Truck and buy one....

I usually sail boats....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------HammerZ

Thanks! for the Info...

Sail boats huh? I am into RC sailing as well. There is a group in my area that race them but I have yet to be able to contact them... I have only been into it since the latter part of the summer but it is really fun. I spend way too much time repairing and not sailing though. That is a pain. I have a ProBoat Sanibel.
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.18, 10:37 PM   #7
NYCMINIZMONSTER

Sony Charger..

Twenty-Se7en
What kind of charger did you get? What kind of batteries do you use?

THis is the name of the charger I use....

Sony-Super Quick Charger with LCD Battery Indicator
HIgh Capacity 2300mah
Includes 4 NI-MH AA battery

1. It has a Easy Check Screen that shows you the charging status...
2. It has a Refresh Button- Removes Memory Effect...
3. Automatic cut-off for safety and to avoid over heating the batteries which will ruin the batteries..

and it's very cool looking... It's made by Sony and it works!!!!

For more info. on it.... check it out at the Circuitcity Home page....
Sorry, I don't have that link...

For.... Sailboats.... I have a Graupner Micro Magic.... Very fast and super strong boat.... An excellent German Made Sailboat...

Last edited by NYCMINIZMONSTER; 2004.09.18 at 10:42 PM.