Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.10.04, 04:22 PM   #31
SAGISI

Heres a video of my mod car @ILR PN regionals with the new spoiler. Car is starting on poll and is the same car as pictured above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBiWuF8dTN8
Old 2010.10.04, 04:28 PM   #32
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
SAGISI, nice looking car... The wing looks really good on that body. Do you have your headlight buckets removed? I recommend putting tape over them if they arent there...
Old 2010.10.04, 04:32 PM   #33
SAGISI

The left headlight bucket broke off during the final main. Ill put tape to cover the hole next time i run the car.
Old 2010.10.04, 04:42 PM   #34
dxm2

Sagisi, were you able to practice enough to see a difference in your lap times with the new wing? And, if you don't mind me asking, what tires did you run?

thanks
dxm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.04, 05:00 PM   #35
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

I got a chance to test the wing Joe sent me this past weekend, I have to agree with everything Sagisi said.

I used it on my stock car (f430). I already had a wing that I made on it and knew how the car handled and was very happy with it. Once I put the Reflex wing on the car it was leaps and bounds better than it was before. The car had a ton of down force and was very stable. The wing I had before had a bigger lip, just under the PN regulated height, the new wing had a smaller lip and produced more down force! There was less drag on the car and was much better balanced than before. It felt as though the car was rotating from its center piont instead of the front end dragging it around. My hot lap dropped by over a tenth of a second with no other changes to the car what so ever. (I race on a small to medium size layout so a tenth is a huge deal)
My consistency went through the roof! My hot lap was 5.76 and the mean was at 6.0.

This wing definetly gets two thumbs ups. It works and it takes all the hassle out of having to fab wings up your self that end up working half as good and are not nearly as durable. Another great Reflex product!!

Reflex Racing Mantis Worx DG-Designs Psycho Cells
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.04, 05:00 PM   #36
SAGISI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxm2 View Post
Sagisi, were you able to practice enough to see a difference in your lap times with the new wing? And, if you don't mind me asking, what tires did you run?

thanks
I practiced with the wing for 2 days and didnt find myself dropping much faster lap times but more consistent fast lap times. The last day of practice i ran with no transponder almost the whole day. Why??? Well im trying to focus my driving on consistancy now and not worrying to much on fast laps. Although I do want my laptimes to be close to what the other fast guys on the track are running.

The tire combo that I ran and I know all the pn guys started to run was PN8 slick front and Kyosho 20 slick rear.
Old 2010.10.04, 09:30 PM   #37
CristianTabush

Thanks to all the Team Guys for all of the feedback. I have not quite gotten to test them as this was a project handled by Ruf. I am very excited about them though- we have been trying to get them released for about 2 years now, so it is a project that has been long time coming. I must add that the end result is superb. The molding is great, it is a fairly straightforward install and it works on most bodies out there. There might be a little trouble with the 350Z super GT, but it can be done.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.08, 03:06 PM   #38
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I had my first test session last night with the wing. I installed it on my Mosler test body. The holes in the body lined up perfectly with the built in standoffs so all I had to do was drill holes in the wing after cutting it out, and install with screws and nuts. I had removed a big lexan wing that I had made, with nearly twice as much cord length, and thought that I wouldnt get the same downforce. The car felt just as planted, in the high speed sections, and in the mid speed sections it felt a little more planted than my larger wing. I am very impressed with the design and performance of this wing... and expect to run it on most if not all of my cars.

I also drilled an extra set of holes in the wing, so if I need more wing on a loose track, I can change the angle of the wing by moving to the alternate screw holes. This shows a lot of versatility, and very good performance.

What good is this post without a picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1008001553.jpg (464.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 1008001553 (Small).jpg (38.4 KB, 372 views)
Old 2010.10.14, 08:59 AM   #39
Kevin S.

Lexan Wing

First off, let me start of by saying that I am no way an expert when it comes to Mini-Z but I do know that after putting the Reflex wing on my Mosler, the car felt so much more planted. I loved the way it felt and it is a definite must for any Mini-z body. I will definitely use the Reflex wing from now on. Great job and another great product from Reflex Racing
Dream Killr Racing
Supporter of White Knuckle Racing
Kevin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.21, 10:43 PM   #40
Kevin S.

Here is a pic with the Reflex Wing attached to my Mosler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5105.jpg (477.6 KB, 86 views)
Dream Killr Racing
Old 2010.10.21, 11:33 PM   #41
CristianTabush

Looking Good!!!
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.22, 08:47 AM   #42
Kevin S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Looking Good!!!
Thanks CT...Keep up the good work...Can't wait to see what else Reflex will be coming out with next.
Dream Killr Racing
Old 2010.10.22, 11:19 AM   #43
doug01n

Send a message via MSN to doug01n
Just tested yesterday in a Atomic VDS I body... (yep, it looked geek). Car was my new mod car, running Stock-R motor...

I like the results so far... it improoved the rear traction at mid / high speed curves!

I'll test it in a mc-laren with PN70T tomorrow!

Great job, Reflex!!!
doug01n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.24, 12:06 PM   #44
doug01n

Send a message via MSN to doug01n
Sorry to repost, but I think it deserves it.

One word:
WWWOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

This thing reeeeeaaaaaally works!!! I put it in my car, and tested... "ok... the car is good now". Just took it off, a couple of laps without it... "Holly crap.... where the hell the rear of the car has gone?"

I tried the second angle, more agressive... and my rear still planted, even when the W-groove 10º atomic tire became a slick tire!!!

This thing will not live my car anymore.

I notice more drag, but I think the constancy proporcioned by the wing worth it! I'll not make donuts at the curves anymore.

It works in the low speed curves too... But it really show what it does in mid and high speed corners.

Nice work Reflex!
doug01n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.24, 12:49 PM   #45
danny250r

you said it .these wings work great it made a big difference on my mosler
danny250r is offline   Reply With Quote