Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > X-Power R/C

Closed Thread

Old 2012.01.14, 09:25 AM   #31
XPowerRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
You dont get it do you....
PN is not deciding for us...your parts are copies of PN....
PN is protecting there business and good name. Believe it or not I bet some of the dealers who say they cannot sell your product because of PN is just an easy way out for them not to buy your kopykat parts. The only saving grace here is for the guys who buy your imitations they can always get replacement parts from PN when your no longer selling yours.....
again, you're not a dealer and have not experienced their activities. the information was not gathered thru efforts to sell our products but in an e-mail of appreciation for standing up against such intimidation.

judging by your tone, you're not in this for an objective discussion, you're on the attack and this, is not we're here for. i do appreciate your attention and certainly hope we'll build loyalty like yours in our customers.

there will be more product releases in the coming weeks for those interested, we look forward to your feedback. cheers!
Old 2012.01.14, 10:18 PM   #32
bermbuster
GF Racing

I want to use the motor pod as an example. Kyosho is the originator. The stock pod is plastic. You must use shims to adjust mesh and everything snaps together. Not the best because it will wear out from changing t plates, motor heat,swaps and lubrication. Not to mention your limited to what Disc damper/top shock you can use.
Now PN comes along and makes a pod that is easy to adjust mesh (requires the use of a motor can with tapped holes), It is aluminum (strong, lightweight, dissipates heat) Along with the pod they make a series of motors that have tapped holes. Time passes and Kyosho releases an aluminum motor pod that cradles the motor (no mounting holes) and snaps together.
What I see is the manufacturer is trying to appeal to a different way of doing things. They did not copy the PN design. Im not sure who made the first aftermarket pod but even the other aftermarket companies use there own designs.
Now PN keeps evolving the pod by making components more adjustable.
Doing these upgrades cost money. Not to mention the initial design.
Now along comes brand x they most likely sent a PN pod to a company who reverse engineered it and produces it for them. There cost to do this was minimal. This is where the word ETHICAL comes to mind. You can justify it however you like but in plain English....its a rip off. I like how some people say if its cheaper Ill buy it. WOW with that logic if somebody would do your job for less money....how would you feel about losing it...
Look at what PN does for the mini z community. First they make products that make mini z more fun, easier to drive, faster and hold world records....
Next look at there pricing,dealer network and customer service.
Brand X says he has a monopoly forcing his dealers to business a certain way. Look what PN does for its dealers. He provides a Worldwide racing series every year. If a dealer has a race program PN supports the programs with prizes and discounted motors. PN sponsors drivers worldwide and those drivers help the mini z community at local, national and world events.
There is a saying in racing.....what wins on Sunday...sells on Monday...
Believe me the shops I frequent sell out of the HOT parts quickly....
It seems like a monopoly to some but I dont see any other manufacturer providing these services.
What is funny Kyosho and Atomic both have special classes that only allow there hop ups.....PN doesnt
Right now PN is sponsoring a race series that hss a class that uses no hop ups....
You want to keep seeing mini zs evolve and grow.....do the ETHICAL thing
Old 2012.01.15, 10:25 PM   #33
imxlr8ed

I will buy PN because the man truly lives the mantra on his shirts... Eat, Sleep, Mini-Z! I will buy PN because I know of no other person in this scale who has flown all around the world to give us the best racing of any type of RC in existence. I have never met anyone as dedicated to innovation and promotion as Philip. Even when there was only a handful of us with these cars, he was beginning his part evolution for them. PN is the true definition of love for racing, design and quality.

I will buy Reflex because I know there are some of the best racers in this scale testing and putting their ideas to work in every part that comes out of them. I know the quality will be top notch and never have a doubt that the gear will do what it claims. Cristian is another one who will go to that next level of innovation and dedication to his racers.

With both of these companies having direct links with the racing I know and love, I am assured that the designs are coming directly out of the racers heads... these ideas don't just pop out of nowhere! Weird how I've never met a single X-power sponsored racer... Or even saw a single photo of one anywhere.

Sorry to be so blunt about it but as a designer myself... I despise idea thieves! I know many a story of people who come up with great ideas and get screwd out of what they deserve only to have some jackass with money and lawyers fight to take credit they know they don't deserve. I don't know how they sleep at night.

So if I am just giving one big biased opinion here... sorry! But I'll let my friends on here make that call.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2012.01.16, 10:18 AM   #34
skytng

Give others a chance we need these people to promote the hobby. We need more manufacturer in the market. It is always gd to have competitors, in a hobby is there isn't any competitors then the hobby won't grow.

People come n people go why make such big fuss. If you guys think X-power is copying others product then don't buy from them. It's like X-impact they have motor mount like pn too and there's 2 of the same design do u wanna sue them?

X-impact is not a gd product as they use really bad quality material but... It's cheap!!! Dirt cheap!!!!! I will always ask beginner to buy if they wanna mod their cars cos not many people can afford the kind of money. Do we wan the hobby to die? I don't think so, so wats the big fuss about all this ya. Pls do forgive me if I have offended anyone just my view that's all.

I will defanately try x-power product when I have a chance n give a review.

Last edited by arch2b; 2012.01.16 at 11:00 AM.
Closed Thread