Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > X-Power R/C

Closed Thread

Old 2012.01.13, 03:05 PM   #1
XPowerRC

Exclamation X-Power R/C Products Official Response To Claims by PN Racing

though we are relative new comers to the Mini Z optional parts market, we have extensive experience in international and ethical business practices. PN Racing has a considerable market share in the aftermarket parts market for Mini Z and that is commendable but their practice of collectively forbidding dealers and distributors to purchase a competing company’s products is against US Antitrust Law.

in any free market, it is left to the market to decide what products are best and up to the customer to choose which products to buy. it is unethical for any company to claim another company’s products are ‘copies’ without complete analysis and consideration of all factors including materials, colors, manufacturing and design. PN Racing does not own patents on optional parts for Mini Z and have no right to claim any ethical misconduct by companies who create similar products for release into this very competitive market.

at X-Power, we are confident in the quality of our products and respect all retailers’ right to choose. we will never discourage a dealer from buying another’s products. we respect our customers intelligence and appreciate their support and therefore, will always create products that are innovative, designed to be competitive and long lasting. we hope that retailers and customers will appreciate our integrity and commitment to creating products that fulfill your needs and are worth your investment.

thanks for your attention, if you have any questions or wish to try our products, please contact us by e-mail, support@xpowerrc.com or visit our homepage at http://www.xpowerrc.com – thanks for your kind attention

respectfully,

X-Power R/C Products Distribution & Management
http://www.xpowerrc.com
Old 2012.01.13, 03:38 PM   #2
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Customer's eyes is clear! watch out!!!!

We are not prohibiting the dealer from selling all mini-z products. You are only stopping them from selling a motor mount that copied PN mount. That is copyright infringement. http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl103.html The mechanical operation of the motor mount is not under copyright protection, (patent does that) but the artistic part of it is. We made our mount square with two symetrical rails on the top. That is the artistic appeal of the mount.

They can copy the low motor position and the separate motor plate, but can't copy the look of the mount. They even copied the diagonal grooves that represent the fake motor cooling fins on the motor plate. That is part of the artistic appeal of the mount.

PN Racing MR2294

X-Power MM9498

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting

Last edited by PNracing; 2012.01.13 at 04:08 PM.
Old 2012.01.13, 04:22 PM   #3
B-main
previously spakey

Pn you did the samething with your copy of the qtec diff pieces.and reflex did the same

let's go racing
Old 2012.01.13, 04:36 PM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
rational, respectful responses are to be provided moderators will not delete responses unless they are deemed to violate these terms. Keep ti clean fella's, only warning i will give.
Old 2012.01.13, 08:11 PM   #5
bermbuster
GF Racing

They say copying is the best form of flattery...(too bad it doesnt pay the bills)

For me and I want to believe the educated consumer we have choices.
I buy parts based on quality, results, ease of use, customer service and price.
I have been a PN customer from day 1. PN has built a reputation of quality,support,results and customer service.(this is what pays the bills) I have bought parts from other companies and had issues with quality and or customer service.

What I see here is reverse engineering. Is it ethical? I will tell you what will happen if we support companies who do it....The originator will lose money
and will not be able to develop new products so in the end we suffer as racers....

We have the same problem in my industry. We call the copies "pirate parts"
Old 2012.01.13, 08:46 PM   #6
XPowerRC

our product is not a copy. we use higher quality materials and a different color anodization. that in itself makes it different despite the design. we've made our statement regarding their illegal activity in this industry and they will no longer get away with their 'mafia' type activities. we will stand up to you.
Old 2012.01.13, 11:20 PM   #7
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-main View Post
Pn you did the samething with your copy of the qtec diff pieces.and reflex did the same
???? in 2007 i had some 10th scale racers taking the round pressure plates and taking them to the end mill making 4 point ninja stars out of them and that was the first i had seen of light weight diff components...but not once did i think that QTEC copied there ideas....apples and oranges....
when u set them side by side and look at all of the diff pieces if they were stripped of there anodize visually they can be identified as pn reflex and qtec

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2012.01.13, 11:23 PM   #8
XPowerRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
1. Do you have any proof that PN Racing is breaking the Anti Trust Law? If so, could you please provide it?
PN Racing's communications threatening multiple distributors and retailers in their network with suspension of their ability to sell/purchase PN Racing products if they purchase/sell competitors products is illegal. this practice is known industry-wide and yes, we have documented this evidence (nanotrax sells PN Racing products and has received e-mails to this effect). any retailers that wish to forward more evidence may do so by forwarding their intimidating e-mails to support@xpowerrc.com

Quote:
Who has tested your parts? Why are you confident in the quality? How do they compare to other brands and why should we chose your parts over others? You should send your parts to local tracks to test them against others in order to prove that "we use higher quality materials"
'confidence' comes with our manufacturing process, materials and testing in our home markets. there is no company producing anything for the global markets that isn't confident about what they're selling, otherwise they wouldn't be selling at all. just like any other new company coming into any market, we'll wait for consumers to decide and grow in time. why one chooses X-Power over another company initially is a personal issue. it could be the color of our parts, availability, curiosity. no matter what the case, we're confident in customer's satisfaction.

Quote:
That's wonderful that you respect your customers. In fact, your products aren't innovative. X-Power has taken other company's ideas and made slight modifications to the products. Your mini-z differential comes with the gears 9-14t (idea stolen from PN Racing!). The left hub, left and right pressure plate holders look identical to those of PN Racing. The differential adjusting nut is probably an exact QteQ copy. Your ma-010 differential is practically identical to kyosho's design. (one set of screws is countersunk and the other isn't, while all of kyosho's differential screws are countersunk. again, almost a negligible difference).
every aftermarket parts company looks at a product from the OEM and makes optional parts that we feel are improvements or are in demand by consumers. PN Racing, Atomic, Reflex, etc make parts for Mini Z that are exactly like Kyosho's original parts but perhaps with slight differences in material, color, design, etc. this is the function of an aftermarket parts company. i mentioned integrity as we have documented evidence that a certain company purposely makes products that don't last to force customers to have to purchase more often, generating more sales for them. is this legal? yes. is it ethical? no. this may be an acceptable for some in the industry, but it is unacceptable at X-Power.

Quote:
4. "we hope that retailers and customers will appreciate our integrity" How do expect to get respect when your parts looks almost identical to those of PN Racing and Kyosho? There are minor differences (motor mount does not have the ability to use a wire-type spoiler), but these do not make a difference in the parts' performance. As far as I can tell, these small modifications and alterations are the only differences in your product designs.
once again, see above...everything we do and everything they do is a slight 'innovation' on an existing product. so saying we or anyone else is 'copying' is like saying there shouldn't be aftermarket parts AT ALL.
Old 2012.01.13, 11:34 PM   #9
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPowerRC View Post
everything we do and everything they do is a slight 'innovation' on an existing product. so saying we or anyone else is 'copying' is like saying there shouldn't be aftermarket parts AT ALL.
I want to see you come up with a true innovation and then see how you feel when somebody else copies it.....

XPowerRC your aftermarket source for slightly innovative existing products for your mini z......(you said it...)
Old 2012.01.13, 11:44 PM   #10
soimthatguy

PN racing has been around for years and we've seen them grow into a better company. They put endless hours into their own ORIGINAL designs and even more hours into track testing them. PN has built a name for itself and the PNWC series they have created and host every year. What you have shown is that you put endless hours into replicating their product and other peoples aswell. As a Mini Z owner/racer, I would support a company that helps out the community, not one that tries to make a quick profit. PN's design was used for one plain and simple reason, it has functionality. If it was not a replica of PNs motor pod, then why exactly would it look just like PNs pod? Why does everyone recognize it off of PNs design? There is a difference between an aftermarket company PRODUCING quality product than an aftermarket company REPLICATING product. I have plenty of experience in eCommerce/Importing/Manufacturing and I know how it works and as a "customer/consumer" you have failed miserably in being innovative.
Old 2012.01.13, 11:57 PM   #11
XPowerRC

as mentioned in our original statement, PN Racing's place in this industry is undeniable. Kyosho's place in this market is undeniable. Atomic, etc... same. we aren't trying to replace them, nor are trying to displace them. we have entered the market as a competitor and only seek a fair opportunity to do so and those interested in giving us -or any other newcomer- the opportunity should not be threatened or intimidated.

again, aftermarket parts making is all about taking existing products and improving them in a way we think customers will feel is useful and all of us do the same thing. i wish them and other existing companies continued success in what they're doing. i hope PN Racing will cease their unethical and illegal business practices and allow us to move forward with customers who like what we're doing.

i don't really don't expect to change the views of some that are on 'their side', one can't win over every customer. thanks to those who have contacted us and appreciate the stand we're taking against bullying in the industry.
Old 2012.01.14, 12:00 AM   #12
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
our product is not a copy. we use higher quality materials and a different color anodization. that in itself makes it different despite the design.
it is made of aluminum and it is anodized
if it is different, and is "designed to be competitive and long lasting.", and you "will always create products that are innovative, "then why does it look exactly like the PNRACING PARTS?

i think that if you and your company would like to be "competitive and long lasting" and "create products that are innovative"might i suggest hiring a product designer a good r&d team(and no i dont mean review and duplicate ) pre production development drivers and come up with a product that does not look identical to anyone else on the market!
we @ PNRACING have our own vision and we will continue to move in our own direction!
this MINI-Z community is very small and word spreads fast!
keep in mind that this would be a NON-ISSUE if ur parts didnt look like PN RACING OPTION PARTS

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2012.01.14, 12:07 AM   #13
XPowerRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
this MINI-Z community is very small and word spreads fast!
i hope so... the Mini Z community has already passed thru periods with similar issues (Atomic & PN Racing specifically) so i'm sure this will pass as well. we've already carved our place in the dNano market as many already know and we plan to do the same in the Mini Z market. since you're sponsored by PN Racing, i don't suppose i could expect an objective discussion from you so....we'll leave it at that. thanks for your feedback!
Old 2012.01.14, 12:24 AM   #14
XPowerRC

Quote:
PN Racing isn't a monopoly nor is it running this market as one.
i'm sure they're already discussing the issue with their attorneys as we have. no need to debate on a forum about this. thanks for your understanding.

Quote:
How satisfied have your customers been? Do your customers have any reviews or testimonials that reflect the quality and confidence on your products? If so, where can other buyers find them? Have your tested your parts in any sort of event where multiple manufacturers' parts are competing together? Have your sponsored drivers to test, improve and promote X-Power products around the world so that buyers can become more informed on the items?
you're asking questions that might be asked of a company that's been in this market for years. i believe the fact that we are 'new' was clarified in the original statement.

Quote:
PN, Atomic, and Reflex make parts that are better than standard Kyosho parts for multiple reasons. Most of each company's parts are not "exactly like Kyosho's original parts." If you compare motor mounts, front suspensions, differentials, wheels, tires, and so on, you will realize the aftermarket parts are superior and completely different that Kyosho designs.
i addressed this in my original response, feel free to browse thru PN Racing, Atomic, etc's catalogs and you'll find many items that are identical to the OEM outside of using another material (aluminum, delrin, etc)

Quote:
Why does X-Power take existing products and make slight innovations? Why not completely innovate items that do not resemble parts from other companies? Majority of X-Power parts for mini-z have already been designed and the slight innovations made are almost negligible (refer to screw difference on AWD differential and the 9498 motor mount). It would be awesome if X-Power makes parts that buyers have never seen before and that would make big differences in performance. (making a part out of aluminum doesn't make the performance increase, either)
*sigh* again...X-Power does exactly the same thing every other aftermarket parts company does. we've made original items no other company has created and we've made items that are similar to existing products with our own improvements. that is what aftermarket parts makers do, i'm not sure how else i can say it to make that more clear.
Old 2012.01.14, 12:24 AM   #15
soimthatguy

Quote:
as mentioned in our original statement, PN Racing's place in this industry is undeniable. Kyosho's place in this market is undeniable. Atomic, etc... same. we aren't trying to replace them, nor are trying to displace them. we have entered the market as a competitor and only seek a fair opportunity to do so and those interested in giving us -or any other newcomer- the opportunity should not be threatened or intimidated.

again, aftermarket parts making is all about taking existing products and improving them in a way we think customers will feel is useful and all of us do the same thing. i wish them and other existing companies continued success in what they're doing. i hope PN Racing will cease their unethical and illegal business practices and allow us to move forward with customers who like what we're doing.

i don't really don't expect to change the views of some that are on 'their side', one can't win over every customer. thanks to those who have contacted us and appreciate the stand we're taking against bullying in the industry.
We've chose someone whom is well engraved in the community. Someone whom we know will deliver and keep delivering quality products. You come into this industry trying to sell a design which has already been produced. X Power RC has not done anything to prove to this community to show that you guys are innovative/high quality/Race Tested. You think us racers will side with a company that replicates parts that we currently use? You want us to think of you like that? Well, I congratulate you cause you have far from exceeded in that criteria. All of us respect Reflex/Kyosho/PN equally because they have original products that stands out for that company. Only bullying is coming from your company. Taking another company's design, claim it as your own innovative design, and trying to make money off it.
Closed Thread