Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > New York Mini-Z Racing

Old 2008.12.20, 04:17 PM   #16
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Berm, there are a lot of good 015 bodies to run. The important thing is chassis setup. 94mm setup outperforms the 90mm setups at Action. I like MM, but Frank has been proving the the RM setups are just as competetive.

As for bodies, some may be 90mm but are shaved out to 94mm. The Chrysler is the only 98mm body.

F355, Chrysler 300C, 350z, F246 Dino, F250 GTO, R32 Skyline, VW R32... There are a lot of good bodies. Low CG with small overhangs work well on the 015. With the 02, a slightly higher CG body works better in the infield.
I knew you would help me out deciding Eugene....thanks
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.20, 10:42 PM   #17
jackg
jackg

great race night.. i can't wait to run laps on tues night. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all - I'm glad to have found an awesome bunch to race with. -j
jackg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.20, 10:48 PM   #18
lugnutz

hey jack wrong thread go to the other one
Old 2008.12.24, 11:09 AM   #19
ActionRC
Action RC 2

REGISTRATION IS FULL! I will send an email to all registered entrants soon.

Look forward to an AWESOME day of racing!!!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com
ActionRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.24, 11:46 AM   #20
Scrapper
Stu

Send a message via MSN to Scrapper
odoyle rules
Old 2008.12.24, 12:19 PM   #21
jackg
jackg

"you're goin' down O'Doyle you and the whole O'Doyle clan"
jackg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.07, 12:06 PM   #22
ActionRC
Action RC 2

Cannot wait until the Winternationals! With the Winternationals on the way, keep these few simple things in mind:

1) Plan on bringing one power strip - just in case.
2) There will not be much room for guests, so please do not bring the whole family and your cheerleaders just to hang out. There will be some room on the bleachers, but it's going to be tight.
3) I have enough tables for everyone, but some people have expressed that they will bring an extra - just in case. If you do have a white plastic table, like the ones at ARCMS, please feel free to bring it. You don't have to take it out of the car, but it'll be good to know it's there - just in case.
4) Keep your pit inventory to a minimum. You'll each have two table spaces (2 chairs worth of space) and the floor under one chair. (Keep as much as you want in your car!) Some drivers have brought little wire shelves that go above sinks to add a shelf to their pit spot. This is a really good idea.
5) Some of you like to bring extra lighting with you. Because outlets will be at a premium, please refrain from bringing any additional lighting. It really shouldn't be necessary. If you feel that you have a necessity to bring your own lighting, please let me know prior to the event.
6) If you have registered for the race, and do NOT have a CORE card for the car(s) you intend to run, please let me know right away so I can have one burned up for you and ready to go.
7) Please get to the track early! If you are not there by 2:00, call me immediately so that I can make sure you are in the computer.
8) Pan Car - You WILL be allowed to remove the rear panel from the body.

This is 'gonna be great!!!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com
info@actionRCspeedway.com
Old 2009.01.19, 09:36 AM   #23
ActionRC
Action RC 2

COPIED FROM OUR REGULAR FORUM POSTS...

All I can say is, "Wow!" That was absolutely the best night of racing in all of my years running Action RC. We have had some amazing races over the years, but for EVERY race to have excitement, passes, crashes, comebacks - that's what racing is all about. The Winternationals were even more spectacular than I knew they would be, and I thank you so much for all of the compliments, but it's you guys that made it what it was. You are all true gentlemen, and exhibited tremendous sportsmanship. THAT is what Action RC is all about, and that fact that you guys recognize that is why it will always be a top-notch racing facility. You guys put the fun before the race, not the race before the fun, and while that philosophy may not apply to some enormous world championship in whatever form of RC racing, at Action RC, THAT is what makes our events great. I thank you all for making ARCMS awesome!

I took a well needed day off yesterday, so I apologize for posting somewhat late. I hadn't seen my kids since Wednesday morning before school, and the backs of my legs were absolutely killing me yesterday. I didn't even play Guitar Hero - I WATCHED the kids play Guitar Hero, and we got caught up on a few episodes of Zack and Cody, but all day long I told friends and family about how great the 'Nats were. I just needed a day to get reaquainted with the couch. My butt forgot what it felt like!

A few key points to mention:

- PAN CAR IS AWESOME!!!!
- Thank you, Crop, for all of your help. It was vital. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Crop was with me VERY late into the night helping to get everything ready. Painting, cleaning, scrubbing, organizing - he was with me every step of the way. His help is critical to the operation, and without him, I couldn't race. (If I can't race, aside from the fun I have with all of you, why would I want to keep doing this!?) One set of hands is not enough to get ready for an event like this, or even a regular Saturday sometimes, and Crop is my right-hand man. His maturity, reliability, and enthusiasm are sometimes my biggest motivator, and we ALL owe him tremendous gratitude for the work that he puts in to help me out.

- Speaking of enthusiasm, thank you, Eugene, for the support you give ARCMS. Your write-ups are great, and I am lucky to have you as a friend and fellow racer. Eugene experiments with Mini-Z's more than Einstein experimented with E=mc˛, and his success on the track shows. You are a true example of an ARCMS racer.

- Thank you to Mike V for taking so many pictures! I cannot wait to see them all. We will have them up on the web, thanks to Mike and Jeff, very shortly. Some will hopefully make into the pages of RC Car Action in the May "Grassroots" column that has been scheduled by Jason Sams!

- Thank you to Maj and his regular crew for racing with us. They were great competitors, a fun group, and a wonderful addition to a wonderful event. It was a pleasure having you guys, and having tracks like Maj's and ARCMS is a true testiment to the capabilities of the Mini-Z, and a testiment to the faithful people who race them who keep these tracks going. I'll thank Ed and Larry, and even Tommy here also, who took a bit further trip than our regulars to make it to the race.

- I am hoping to put all of the race data from the Core system onto a disk on Tuesday so that I can share it with all of you on the website. I have never done that before, but I am sure that between Jeff and I we'll figure it out.

Just to address a few specific posts:-

Jack: I would love to run our Daytona 500 party on Feb 15th as close as possible in distance to the real thing, but not scaled down due to the size. Maybe we'll start at the green of the 500, and finish at the checkers. That would be pretty cool. Last year, we ran 30 minute qualifiers in two or three groups, which also worked out really well. It gave everyone a break, let everyone catch up on the race on TV, and kept the skill levels of drivers closer. We always ran regular stock class rules, and some cars are faster than others, but the fast cars don't always win. On the oval, the freedom of motor choice has not hurt the racing, so I don't think we'll go full-spec on that one quite yet.

DAYTONA 500 NASCAR RACING AND PARTY ON FEBRUARY 15th! Details will be announced soon. CAN'T WAIT!

- Joe and George: I am glad you guys had a great time, despite having radio and car trouble before the Mains. I try to be so sympathetic when someone has trouble to hold off the start of a race, but it is so hard to do, especially during a big event.

- Jamil: Very funny post. Better luck beating Stugotz and Deonte next time. They both did really well, and gave you a great run. I couldn't agree with Eugene more - Stu and Deonte are both going for Most Improved Driver. Although I was sad for Deonte for losing the lead and a trophy, I was happy to see how passionate he was about it. He was able to laugh off his disappointment in the end, and left with a smile. It was also great to see Stugotz congratulate Deonte on a well-fought race. Again, as much as we pick on Stu, he's a true gentleman, despite the fact that he wipes his face with his shirt and spits when he talks.

- Ant, George and Frankie: You guys put great effort into those pan cars. It was a very difficult decision.

- Miss Action RC: I'll bet you guys didn't think she'd be THAT hot, did you!? Haha! I don't play around when it comes to choosing a Miss Action RC! It is SO funny to watch the facial expressions on all of you when a pretty girl walks in the room, but when it comes to someone as amazingly beautiful as Ann Marie, you can't help it. She was graceful, classy, and fun - and was so great considering that she was one of the only girls in a room full of guys that rarely see girls on a Saturday night! You guys were great, and the pictures will be incredible - especially of Stugotz! Ann Marie will be the officially crowned Ms. Action RC until she just doesn't want to show up anymore. I can't even imagine finding a better one!

There are so many other great things and highlites that I can write about, and so many other "Thank You's" that I can think of, but I'll leave it at that for now so I can get some work done at the 'day job.' I have some Worksman tricycles waiting for me that I have to try to break now!

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE ACTION RC MINI SPEEDWAY '09 MINI-Z SUMMERNATIONALS! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Al
Old 2009.01.23, 04:09 PM   #24
ActionRC
Action RC 2

Winternationals race data is on the website!!!!

WINTERNATIONALS RACE DATA IS ON THE WEBSITE!!!!

Enjoy!

(Thanks, Jeff!)

www.actionRCspeedway.com