Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Old 2011.01.18, 11:25 AM   #16
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
I know lots of people need to disable their wireless on the laptops while running races and in some instances won't have wifi at their race location, but would have it later on. The way it is now there is no way to send the email after the race is completed if there isn't access.

A send email button on the side similar to the HFAY export button would be great. then you can just have it use the selection from the config page. Also is the enable check box under racers for toggling the email on and off? or is that to enable the tag from reading or not reading?

thanks.
That is a good point, with the button then they can send them later when they have Internet access. Rearranging the controls slightly on the statistics screen seems to be the best option. Though I think I would have the button send the email no matter what race type it is. I think we can be certain that if you click that button you want it to send an email. So if you know that you do not have internet access during races you can leave the race report option to None so it will not try to automatically send emails but you can manually send them later.

The enable check box for racers enables/disables them for races. It will not impact the email. If that racer were currently disabled but was in the race you are sending an email for it will still send the email to them.

The purpose of the enable check box is so that there can be multiple racers with the same UID(tag, transponder number etc.). Only 1 racer with a particular UID can be enabled at a time. This is so people can loan there cars, have guest cars etc. and the other person will have there own racer id instead of there results showing up for the original person.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.18, 12:00 PM   #17
briankstan

thanks for the info on the enable check box.

Re: the email button. Does it only send the email out to the races that are in the race and the admin, depending on the setting? We just got back form the annual Wyoming race that we attend. We used the flipside software (everyone, really likes it) and my laptop. I had to generate the reports and then email them to the host so they had record of them. It would have been cool to do if from the Flipside software just by selecting the race and hitting an email button, also since they weren't part of the racing field they wouldn't have received it unless I added them to the Admin list and had it set to email Admin? is this correct? All this is assuming we had wifi access to work correctly. there wasn't wifi so the manual email option would have been a great addition so I could have emailed them when I was back at the hotel with internet access.

I'll have to play around with it some.
Old 2011.01.18, 12:53 PM   #18
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
thanks for the info on the enable check box.

Re: the email button. Does it only send the email out to the races that are in the race and the admin, depending on the setting? We just got back form the annual Wyoming race that we attend. We used the flipside software (everyone, really likes it) and my laptop. I had to generate the reports and then email them to the host so they had record of them. It would have been cool to do if from the Flipside software just by selecting the race and hitting an email button, also since they weren't part of the racing field they wouldn't have received it unless I added them to the Admin list and had it set to email Admin? is this correct? All this is assuming we had wifi access to work correctly. there wasn't wifi so the manual email option would have been a great addition so I could have emailed them when I was back at the hotel with internet access.

I'll have to play around with it some.
That is correct it only sends out the email to races in the race and/or admins depending on the setting. The Admin list can be multiple addresses separated by a comma (in the next version this will work, it does not with 0.53).

Even with the manual email button it will send the results to just racers and/or admins based on what you have set. I have went ahead and added this button and code for the next release.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.18, 01:39 PM   #19
briankstan

sounds good, thanks.