Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.09.11, 05:30 PM   #1
polllilllo

help mini z monster

hi, first sorry for my bad english. I want to ask you something. I have got a mini z monster and I have a 2s lipo from my micro t, can I use it on the mini z?
and, what brushed motor did you recommend for this mini z? thanks
polllilllo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.11, 07:23 PM   #2
Dominick Shaunt

Send a message via Yahoo to Dominick Shaunt
yeah you can as long as connection match though i use higher capacity lipo's in my monster motor will depend on weather have fet upgrade or not or if have monster with 2.4ghz board not fet upgrade needed to run pretty hot motors lmk what you got and i can make a suggestion ...
Old 2012.09.12, 07:00 AM   #3
polllilllo

thanks for your answer, my mini z monster is all stock, and my 2 cells lipo is from my micro t and it is only 250 Mah. Will it break my mini z? or can the stock esc support it?
Old 2012.09.12, 12:51 PM   #4
Dominick Shaunt

stock "Should be fine " as long as you stick to 2s packs i ran 2s 800mah packs since my truck was mostly stock and still run the same packs now that i went very wild in the mod department .. but you still did not answer my main question is your board an "AM" board or "2.4GHZ" "2.4GHZ board has upgraded fets in it can handle hot motors with no upgrading involved ... clearly if your going to do battery mod go with nice of wires you can get from atomic to connect to your lipo's
Old 2012.09.12, 03:04 PM   #5
polllilllo

tthanks again, my board is am, then, can I use the lipo without break the stock esc, no?
Old 2012.09.12, 04:42 PM   #6
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by polllilllo View Post
tthanks again, my board is am, then, can I use the lipo without break the stock esc, no?
I wouldn't risk it myself. I'd probably get a 2x2 turbo on there first. I think once you did that, you wouldn't need the lipos. A good set of new NiMH 750 mah cells would probably deliver all the power you need.

When I upgraded one years back, I put a 2x3 4562 fet stack on it, modified the motor mount so I could install a larger pinion on the motor (I don't remember the tooth quantity, but I know it was huge!) and I think we put a something like a 33turn in it. The truck was awesome outdoors! Fast enough to break every little plastic part on it at least once or twice. The thing was a big wad of glue the last time I saw it!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.12, 06:27 PM   #7
polllilllo

thanks for your answer; then maybe It will break the stock fet... but for example, If I had used the lipo an I broke the stock fet, I could change and fet 2 x 2 and the car will work fine, no?
Old 2012.09.12, 07:51 PM   #8
Dominick Shaunt

I have ran lipo batteries without fet upgrade with no issue ....motor different story would be more of an issue with no fet upgrade/turbo but to each his own .. always better to have fet upgrade or V2.2 board forget the turbo idea .. i had mini-z monster since they first came out in japan imported one done every mod under the sun including getting one the work on 1/16 mini-quake electronics with micro servo pico reciever ... current monster is still based on my first with project fuzion upgrade 2x3 fet stack with NML V2 motor with 2s lipo set-up and steel hpi micro rs4 pinion on motor clock top speed of 37MPH for as long as a felt like running it on 800mah lipo's

Mine as it sits right now ...

Old 2012.09.12, 07:54 PM   #9
Dominick Shaunt

Quote:
thanks for your answer; then maybe It will break the stock fet... but for example, If I had used the lipo an I broke the stock fet, I could change and fet 2 x 2 and the car will work fine, no?
if your going to do a fet stack might as well do 2x3 stack rather than 2x2 which would allow you to run any motor you wished and does not cost much more than 2x2 stack to do ...
Old 2012.09.13, 12:30 AM   #10
imxlr8ed

Quote:
If the fets fry, not a problem to just replace them. If they fry so hot that they damage the board... not good at all! I'm not sure which type of stock fets you have on there, but if you see 3004 on them I'd say to run an Xspeed and nothing more. You could probably get away with running the lipos though, but without upgraded fets... seems kind of pointless to me. You'll have the energy you need but that juice still has to funnel through those restrictive stock fets.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2012.09.13, 08:03 AM   #11
polllilllo

thanks to all for your answers, and now, what motor do you recommend me? and sorry for the lot of questions but I am a novice and I dont know so much...
Old 2012.09.14, 01:16 PM   #12
polllilllo

can someone answer me please? thanks
Old 2012.09.14, 01:21 PM   #13
imxlr8ed

As I said in my previous post, an Xspeed motor is about as far as I would go with stock fets. You're pretty much guaranteed not to burn anything up under regular driving conditions. If you get a fet upgrade you could get away with better motors. If you get a 2x2 stack of 4562 fets, most I would go would be a PN 33turn.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2012.09.14, 01:37 PM   #14
polllilllo

ok, then I have to search for motor PN 33 turn, no? and, would an atomic motor be ok? thanks for all
Old 2012.09.14, 06:22 PM   #15
imxlr8ed

Get it fetted up and you can probably run almost anything within reason. I would say a good motor that isn't too overboard would be something like a PN50turn or an Atomic Standard (if they still make them). A ball bearing motor can should free up a bit more power.

I would say to get an Atomic Chili but I'm not sure if it would fit into the motor mount for a Monster.

Good luck!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)