Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.06.30, 09:16 AM   #1
briankstan

Race Management Tutorial

I have been asked several times for help with setting up the race management portion of the Core software. So here is my compiled tutorial.

Here is my instructions:

I'll walk you though this. it's really pretty easy if you are in the right place.

here we go. start up the Core Software. and scan in all cars. then hit C to clear them. (They are stored, so you can access them later)

on the main page go to "Manage"

on the top line of the box that will apear you will see
"C:/program files/corespeedway/data."

you need to double click it. It will pop up a window called "New Event". Fill it in with your Event Name, or the Date. then hit OK.

then find the Event name (the one you just filled in) and double click it. It will pop up a window called "new cat/date" select the correct catagory from the drop down menu.

then you will select on that ( you many need to expand by clicking the + ) then double click on the "MR-02 Stock" and it will ask you to add a "New Round" in the pull down add "qualify".

Double click on the qualify and add the drivers (cars) . there will be a list of all the cars that you have scaned in so make sure you get the right ones. you will add all of them in doesn't matter how many you have 12 or more it doesn't matter.

After all the drivers (cars) are added you will right click on "racers" and select sort heats. select the maximum # of drivers per heat (6) and maximum runs to (3). then hit OK.

it will sort the heats, and give everyone 3 chances to get thier best qualify run. to load each heat you will just double click the the Green box that is next to the "Sort 1" or what every sort you want to load.

it will ask if you want to load it, click yes.

it will load the cars on the race screen.

on the top of the pace hit "close" to close the manager.

Go to setup and make sure you have the qualify and the time sections filled out correctly for what you would like to run.

after you run all the heats, you will just sort the "mains" by right clicking on the "qualify" and selecting "sort Mains" and filling it out the same way you sorted the qualifing heats.

run the mains and you are set.

if you have any other questions let me know. I hope that wasn't to confusing for you. if you have any other questions just ask.

Brian
Old 2006.09.19, 10:36 AM   #2
leonen
Scuderia Leone Racing

Send a message via MSN to leonen
Excellent, but just one question, any ideas of how it "sorts mains"? I mean if there were much more drivers, let's say 18, and after you make 3 heats of 6 drivers each, when you click on Sort Mains, does it take in account the times made by each driver individually to sort them into de different Mains?

I read in the manual that Rounds must be called QUALIFY and MAIN to sort the points out to drivers, how does this work?

How does the RANK affect this sorting? Every driver starts with a driver of 6, how does it move up or down? does the EVENT RANK showed in the .html produced has anything to do with that?

Understanding a bit more CORE will help us take more out of it!!

Thanks!
Http://www.ScuderiaLeoneRacing com.ar/
leonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.19, 12:53 PM   #3
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonen
Excellent, but just one question, any ideas of how it "sorts mains"? I mean if there were much more drivers, let's say 18, and after you make 3 heats of 6 drivers each, when you click on Sort Mains, does it take in account the times made by each driver individually to sort them into de different Mains?

you are correct. if you set up 6 heats and each driver runs 2 heats (18 racers). It will take their best race and sort the mains by everyones best race.

I read in the manual that Rounds must be called QUALIFY and MAIN to sort the points out to drivers, how does this work?

this is correct, you will see that they are already in there for you to select when using the race management portion of the software.

How does the RANK affect this sorting? Every driver starts with a driver of 6, how does it move up or down? does the EVENT RANK showed in the .html produced has anything to do with that?

the rank the is save on the transponder only comes in when they heats are initally sorted. it will put the higher ranked races in heat 1 and move down from there. once the races are run it takes the race info.

if you are running multiple heats, say 2 or 3 rounds, the first "sort heats" is going to use the rank on the transponder, after the first heats are run, you can "sort heats" again, setting max runs to 2, and it will sort the races by how they finished in the first set of heat...

After all the heats (qualifying) are run, then you "sort mains". What the sytem will do is take the best race by each racer and put them in the mains according to the best race finishes in both laps and time.

Understanding a bit more CORE will help us take more out of it!!

Thanks!

see note above in red for answers.

I hope this helps you out.
Old 2006.09.19, 12:57 PM   #4
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonen
Yes.

Notice that there are 9 drivers here and two sets of three heats:

Notice that the drivers lap counts are all over the place. Heat one has a kid with 39 laps and a kid with 26 laps. Heat 2 has a kid with 35 and another with 13, and so on.... After we run all the heats, we sort the mains.

Like this...

And what you get, is the kids with the best lap counts in the A Main.

We don't use ranking. But the points system works pretty well.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ex1.bmp (375.6 KB, 105 views)
File Type: bmp ex2.bmp (347.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: bmp ex3.bmp (466.3 KB, 85 views)

Come Race with us!!! Club Pics

Last edited by rharris; 2006.09.19 at 01:01 PM.
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.19, 01:04 PM   #5
rharris

It uses the rank on the transponder to sort the qualifier heats? I must be doing something wrong. It never seems to work that way for me.

I know it will try to sort the heats based on what frequency is registered with the user to avoid conflicts.

Old 2006.09.19, 01:13 PM   #6
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris
It uses the rank on the transponder to sort the qualifier heats? I must be doing something wrong. It never seems to work that way for me.

I know it will try to sort the heats based on what frequency is registered with the user to avoid conflicts.
I have done some sorting, and it will put 2 people with the same frequency in the same heat, even when the other heat doen't have anyone using that frequency, but are ranked higher.

I wonder if there is a sorting order? maybe rank, then frequency?

Edit: After doing a little further research. I added multiple people using the same frequency, and all with different ranks. When I sort the heats it always uses the ranks, but flags the frequency conflicts...

Last edited by briankstan; 2006.09.19 at 01:42 PM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.19, 03:11 PM   #7
rharris

I took a look at the data.

All the kids ranks are the same (4). The rank is changed for the event after a race, but then when is it written back to the transponder?

Do you guys manualy update the rank on the transponder?

I know it will put two of the same freq in a heat. When that happens, we just switch crystals. But I try to keep everyones freq data current on the transponder.

There is one thing that I can't figure out how to do.

Once I've sorted the heats, you can manualy move racers from one heat to another. But if someone shows up late, I can't figure out how to put them into the race. I can use the Place and Race trick, but thier name is not added to the racers list for the event, and it seems to mess up the final points.

Old 2006.09.19, 03:11 PM   #8
rharris

Oh, BTW... cool tutorial. When I first started, I could have really used this. Core should put this in thier help file.

Old 2006.09.19, 04:13 PM   #9
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris
There is one thing that I can't figure out how to do.

Once I've sorted the heats, you can manualy move racers from one heat to another. But if someone shows up late, I can't figure out how to put them into the race. I can use the Place and Race trick, but thier name is not added to the racers list for the event, and it seems to mess up the final points.
I will manually change the rank on the transponder when I see that someone has improved. For one it's nice to have the faster guys grouped together. it helps avoid body damage by getting hit by the newbies.

One thing that I have noticed is, if you are running a large group. that if you are running multiple qualifying heats, that it is best to set them 1 after the other. this way it will start to sort the faster and slower guys together as the heats progress.

so when you set it up. you put the max runs to 1, than after all runs have been done. you "sort Heats" again and set max runs to 2. then it will give you the second heats based on the first. then again.

what this does is moves the faster group together and the slower group together, and also lets everyone move up as they improve.

as far as your question.... I know you can add the racers, up until the last heat in the first session has been run. you have to add the racer and then "sort heats". it won't sort the racers that have already raced, just the ones that haven't.

the tricky part comes if a driver shows up after the first round of heats has been run. When you sort the second set of heats and set the max runs to 2, it might just put that particular racer into 2 heats? buy I've not tried that..

the theory is that each driver gets that many heats... it might be worth giving it a try.
Old 2006.09.19, 04:59 PM   #10
rharris

Thank Brian, that's good intel.

I've been to a few big races and seen how racers move up in heats, but I never really thought thru how to do it with the core system.

I'll give that a go on Friday.

I think I'll have a ranking day and use the OLPS time trials to do it.

How many ranks do you use? 1 thur 10?

Old 2006.09.19, 05:52 PM   #11
briankstan

just rank them 1 - ? it doesn't really matter if you have gaps if there are no shows..

and as they improve you can move them up.

we use the previous seasons scoring to rank for the next season.
Old 2006.09.20, 01:03 AM   #12
CoreAnalog

There are also keyboard bindings to load the sorted heats.

n - loads the next heat
b - loads the previous heat
w - opens up the web page results for the last race
m - open up the race manager
spacebar - start/stop race

Once the races are sorted, you can control everything with a cordless keypad so you don't have to run back and forth to the computer to use the mouse :-)

Keypad:
+ = scan
- = clear scoreboard
/ = load previous heat
* = load next heat
0 to 9 = plays message_0.wav to message_9.wav
. = announce a role call for the race
enter = start

--Core
CoreAnalog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.21, 12:27 AM   #13
RCTEAM
Léon, Guanajuato. México.

Great Tips

Viva Mexico....
RCTEAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.05, 04:44 PM   #14
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I should have read this more closely when you first put it out.

Sorting after the first round of qualifiers is a great idea. You can slowly change the groupings as the first sets of lap counts come out.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote