Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.04.20, 11:16 PM   #31
JacobFeinstein

That's good to hear Philip, I'm glad I could help. I've tried the 350Z as well, and I found that it had a little bit more stability than the Lexus, and is about about a tenth slower. Its a decent body but I personally think both the 360GTC and CLK are quicker. Choosing between the two is really based on the configuration of the track.
Old 2008.04.21, 05:21 AM   #32
Flashsp-2
motor guru

I guess I am the only one still using the A4? I love how nimble it is, and how well it steers through the on-power sections. The lex and 350 are both good, but a little too big for me. I like the lex on the ma010.

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.21, 09:32 AM   #33
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush

I will dremel th font lip so that it is rounded off. I also grind in the rear over the tires to get a little extra clearance (regardless of +0 or +1) and I break off the rear body clips and lower them (to raise the rear of the car) about a mm.

Hope it helps,
CT
CLK body modification by Cristian Tabush
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.21, 09:45 AM   #34
newracer

wot you think better of the enzo or the 360 ?
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.21, 06:00 PM   #35
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Jacob, nice seeing you at the Atomic/NY race. Whats your thoughts on the NSX bodies. I like mine and they were very popular for racing at 1 time.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.21, 08:00 PM   #36
JacobFeinstein

Sorry lfis I don't know your name, but I haven't tried the NSX bodies. We had a few guys that ran them in Houston for a while, but they eventually switched to the CLK body. From what I saw it seemed to be a stable body but didn't change direction as quickly as other great bodies like the 360GTC. I think that's probably due to the body itself being bulkier, but I think it is still a good option, especially for modified racing where you could use a wider body or a wider offset.
Old 2008.04.21, 08:58 PM   #37
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Jacob, thanks for reply and your thoughts. Im Larry, i was in the B main in 2wd stock and AWD mod. Had the black NSX/with flouresent yellow flames.

How does the front end of the CLK and 360GTC hold up. I thought some people had trouble with cracking?

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.22, 12:24 PM   #38
hrdrvr
MBMZR

The CLKs are a little weak without reinforcement, but the 360s are strong.

Theres lots of great info in this thread!

Ive been reading a lot about different 94mm bodies and trying a lot myself. It seems to me that the lexus 430, ferrari 360 GTC, and the 350Z Super GTs get the most love (in no particular order). The NSXs and vettes get some love too, but not nearly as much as the others mentioned. I like pretty much all of these bodies pending track conditions.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.22, 05:11 PM   #39
Felix2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashsp-2 View Post
I guess I am the only one still using the A4? I love how nimble it is, and how well it steers through the on-power sections. The lex and 350 are both good, but a little too big for me. I like the lex on the ma010.
You aren't the only one, son. I love the A4. And your MA-010/Lexus430 you had pics of a while ago looked real slick with the chrome T.S. wheels. Definitely give the Lexus a try on your AD-MR02, Flash (if you haven't already), just be sure to give it the "CT performance package" - Break-off the side clips and re-glue them to raise the body a bit for more rear tire clearance.
I don't think I even have to tell you this though.
Felix2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.23, 06:47 AM   #40
Flashsp-2
motor guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix2010 View Post
You aren't the only one, son. I love the A4. And your MA-010/Lexus430 you had pics of a while ago looked real slick with the chrome T.S. wheels. Definitely give the Lexus a try on your AD-MR02, Flash (if you haven't already), just be sure to give it the "CT performance package" - Break-off the side clips and re-glue them to raise the body a bit for more rear tire clearance.
I don't think I even have to tell you this though.
Yeah, the A4 is the bomb. It's a bit brittle though, that's for sure. I had the Lexus on my AD car (just sold that car), and it runs really level, which is nice because you don't have to move the clips down very far. I think I am in the market for another 360GTC since I got rid of my whitebody when I sold my AM ma010. Maybe I should try the CLK instead, since it the only one of the current 'hot' bodies that I have yet to try.

@Landon-I had some pretty serious cracking on my 360GTC whitebody, so I don't know if they are really that strong or not. Then again, that was before running on RCP, so maybe it had a few too many run-ins with the wood barriers at the local carpet track.

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com

Last edited by Flashsp-2; 2008.04.23 at 07:45 AM.
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.01, 03:10 AM   #41
Tjay

SC430= light and great for 2wd stock class. Since you don't go that fast in this class.

360GTC= sorry but I just don't like this body. I couldn't figure out how am I suppose to drive it. I think there's too much body roll for me.

350Z= rear end is heavy. This makes the car understeers on/off throttle. I tried the body w/out the spoiler and that made the rearend loose coming out of an exit. It is easy to drive though.

CLK= Just bought the body to see how it is. Although, I'm kind of disappointed when I found out that this body is about a gram heavier than the 350z. I just hope that the weight is evenly distributed around the body not just the rear like the 350Z. I'll let you all know tomorrow.

Last edited by Tjay; 2008.06.01 at 03:15 AM.
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.07, 01:25 PM   #42
Rune
Mini-Z Norway

Hi again.
Lots of good posts here now.

Are you guys still preferring the same bodies, or are there some new favourites now?

I am still leaning towards SC430, 360GTC and also the 350Z right now. It does not look like the CLK are solid as Whitebody so I am sticking to these few. It is to bad really, because I like the handling very much. I think this could be the body of choice if it was a little less fragile.

BR
Rune

Last edited by Rune; 2008.08.12 at 12:43 PM.
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.07, 01:39 PM   #43
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashsp-2 View Post
@Landon-I had some pretty serious cracking on my 360GTC whitebody, so I don't know if they are really that strong or not. Then again, that was before running on RCP, so maybe it had a few too many run-ins with the wood barriers at the local carpet track.
Wood barriers will do that to any body, lol. I dont know how I missed this so long ago I run mine hard though, and its my body of choice on the AWD when there are any new (read wreckless) drivers on our track because of its durability. Ive got one Ive been using as a loaner/beater for quite a while now. Its missing its headlights and still seems to hold up well (something I cant say for too many other headlight-less bodies).

I wish I could still find white bodies of this car I think I know who you sold yours to....maybe I should sdrop the ma line and see if I can work out a trade, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune View Post
Are you guys still preferring the same bodies, or are there some new favourites now?
Im still running the sc430 on my stock (PNWC rules) MR02. I also still run the NSX on my RM, but its got a lot of push with the RM config and the wide front end. Its still fun to drive and is pretty competetive on our track.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 12:36 PM   #44
GODZ1LL4

It's very interesting to see which hot bodies you prefer in USA ....
Here in france, most of people are in 98mm even in modified class ...

So the "98mm hot bodies" are the mac laren since rolling damper and before that enzo was the must ...

I think the difference is due to the fact that's our level is lower is comparaison of USA. You used to race mac laren and now you race 94mm... It's normal evolution and we are still not a that point ....

Atomic final in HK will be a good way to compare on the track our level ...
GODZ1LL4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 04:26 PM   #45
color01

Landon, new drivers cannot be wreckless. Reckless, maybe.

Currently my favorite is the SC430, since it provides a lot of steering. The McLaren F1 actually rotates faster, IMO, but I had trouble getting it to hook up on-throttle. Maybe I should reconsider using it now that I have two pairs of Reflex SSG's.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote