Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.09.11, 12:18 PM   #1
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Send a message via AIM to Lionblade Send a message via MSN to Lionblade
Action RC 2, Staten Island

As in regard to this post: http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/sh...358#post197358.

I'm going to describe all of the guys I can think of first.

Al: The owner. The guy with whom we'd be lost Z'ers without. He's a good racer, and I respect the fact that he doesn't practice everytime he can, otherwise he'd have an unfair advantage. Lots of fun to TRY to pass.

Crop: Another one who's there too much. He's gotten a lot better, he used to be bouncing off the walls. Always races me hard.

Tom Jr.: Crop's brother. Only seen him the last few months. He's gotten good too. We don't really have a rivalry or anything...but I do feel bad when he spins in front of me, and I go right under that green Murcielago. Great guy.

Tom Sr.: Crop's father. He's always as clean as he can be, but I can't say much else. Haven't raced with him much. Good guy, too.

Magic: He's a ball-buster. Magic's a great guy and an even better driver. What can I say? He's helped me quite a bit.

Eugene(EMU): Like Magic. He's helped me out a bunch, too...plus, 'cause of him I know my new enzo will need a spoiler.

Tom Price: I've known Tom for a long time. He's always been fun to drive with, especially when Rob & Alex are in it, too. The verbal abuse makes it worth the price of admission. Overall fun guy.

Rob Price: Tom's nephew. Another part of the original crew. Always races as hard as he can, especially when Tom & Alex are involved.

Alex: He was always quiet..especially when he had that shaggy hair. Doesn't talk much during the race, even when he's getting a beat down from a certain Price.

Bob K: Has a lot more RC experience than most of us. Ultimate respect for this guy.

John Brown: As above. And I still remember the series he won by showing up 6/8 times..and getting 100 points every time he was there.

Willy Wong: Does he really need an explanation? I'm sure you all know.

Bennet Lo: Always up front, blah blah..we all know he's good, too.

Roland Shao: Props for the pink & blue Enzo. Nothing else needed.

Sai: Well, I wasn't sure how good he was 'till yesterday...he got an 02, and he blew me away every qualifier.

Nick: He's good for his age, but does tend to get a little bit emotional. But we'll overlook that, he's 11.

Mike(michvin): Just met him last night. Poor guy got batted around in his main, but he's super-clean. Can't wait 'till he gets back in the groove and starts racing me.

Eric: Mike's son. Met him last night, too...and I must say, I am very impressed. We had never been on the track before, but we raced incredibly close to each other considering we never even touched. He likes the same line as me(good choice!), and we were working very well together. Bumper to bumper from the start. We started next to last and last, but finished 2nd & 3rd. And the big kicker is that he's so young. Not sure of his age, but I think he's around 11, as well.

Bobby Diamond: He's really nice, but gets frustrated and leaves a lot. Haven't raced with him.

Infinity Joe: He's getting better, but he still has the tendency to hack and cut people off at times. He's getting there, though.

I think that's everyone...well, except for me. But I can't comment on myself.

So basically, we can use this thread as a driver reference and for posting results.
And lastly, the link to the site, of course. Action RC

--------------------------
Results for 9/10/05:
C main: 1st: Mike 2nd: Infinity Joe 3rd: Tom Sr.
B Main: 1st: Al 2nd: Big Vin 3rd: Eric
A Main: 1st: 2nd: 3rd:

*Right now, I don't know these. I had to leave before the race was over.

Last edited by Lionblade; 2010.05.27 at 11:59 PM.
Lionblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.12, 02:06 PM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Nice intro

A main results for 9/10/05 were 1st: Roland (would you expect anyone else), 2nd: Magic, 3rd: (not sure, but it might have been Sai, or Joe).

I should drop a few places in the points standings due to my last place finish at the race. I need some alloy knuckles I have 3 degree alloy knuckles, but they would be too much for this track. I guess I need to wait till next paycheck and order a set, unless somebody trades some parts with me http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19327
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.12, 02:22 PM   #3
michvin

Not related to knuckles, but...
Do you have a lot of play in throttle? what i mean is: when you pulll the trigger, some amount of movement is wasted. It seemed huge amount yesterday on F1 and i had no chance to check Mclaren...
Ever observed? How to get rid of?
Oh, and yeah, next time i gonna take B-main (if Eric will wlloe me)
He just turned 12 by the way
Old 2005.09.13, 03:42 AM   #4
herman

hi lionblade... nice to see you have a bunch of friends who share your passion...

also glad to hear that you got your wheel wobble fixed...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.13, 11:55 AM   #5
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
You can adjust the throttle trim a little fwd, which should take away some of the dead zone, only thing is that you will have more dead zone in reverse (if too much fwd, then it will be hard or impossible to get into reverse). Your TX may have an adjustment that I do not know of, if you want next race we can work on it a little.
I figured out the trick with trim already. also setting throttle exponential to ~+30% helps a great deal. what remains is to see how it works on track. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanx.
Magic was talking about throttle movement that is wasted on high revs. After some point there's no increase in speed. Do you remember what was the number (% of throttle)?
Old 2005.09.13, 12:04 PM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
I figured out the trick with trim already. also setting throttle exponential to ~+30% helps a great deal. what remains is to see how it works on track. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanx.
Magic was talking about throttle movement that is wasted on high revs. After some point there's no increase in speed. Do you remember what was the number (% of throttle)?
With the 2PL, when I set my CH2+ endpoint at 65% I get full use of the throttle, without any waste in travel. So basically, 65% is 100% for me. Some cars are a little more, some are a little less but all around 60-70%. Depending on the motor I am using, sometimes I run with less, 55% with the Atomic Motor and 9t pinion on my Enzo was a sweet spot. I still had about the same accel as everyone else, but had a little higher top speed. When I had it set to 65% with that setup, I would tend to go too fast into the corners, and heat my tires too much (and my batteries would dump faster).

As you know, the 2PL has no exponential, so I would like to know how the exponential adjustment reacts at the track.
Old 2005.09.13, 01:17 PM   #7
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
With the 2PL, when I set my CH2+ endpoint at 65% I get full use of the throttle, without any waste in travel. So basically, 65% is 100% for me.
How do you estimate the %? vision/hearing or more scientific methods?
Old 2005.09.13, 01:28 PM   #8
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
We had originally tested on the speed checker. Now I do it by ear and feeling of the car. 2PL is a little annoying to adjust the functions with its single button interface. Hard to adjust on the fly.
Yeah... interface can be better.
Do you think using the voltmeter to measure voltage on motor wires would be good idea or i'd fry the board that way?
Old 2005.09.13, 03:28 PM   #9
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Sure, the interface could be better...but it's only about a $65 radio.
Well, except for me, mine was a freebie from a raffle.

I'm going to dial down to 65% throttle for this weekend...it's being wasted on a track with no straight. With full control of the throttle, I might be able to catch Al next time...maybe.
Old 2005.09.17, 11:19 PM   #10
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Results for 9/17/05:

C Main- 1st:Big Vin(42 laps) 2nd: Cropduster(36 laps) 3rd: Tom Jr.(35 laps)
B Main- 1st: Bennet Lo(44 laps) 2nd:Eugene(41 laps) 3rd: Al(40 laps?)
A Main- Roland Chao(47 laps) 2nd: Willie Wong(46 laps) 3rd(Magic 45 laps) -- the A main's just a prediction, I didn't get to see it.

Notice the result in the C? The 6 lap gap? Well, Al threw me in the C main so he could stay in the B..Magic had and still has a few things to say about that. But whatever, it's his place. Hopefully, soon a few of us will be running in Mag's garage. I'm not sure we'll need this thread much longer..

But let's keep that matter private. Already enough arguing at the track tonight anyway.
Old 2005.09.17, 11:25 PM   #11
michvin

hi.
problems at the track? PM or email me with what happened?
Old 2005.09.17, 11:36 PM   #12
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

E-mail sent.
Old 2005.09.18, 01:35 AM   #13
EMU
EMUracing

A main: Roland Shao 49, Willy Wong 48, Joe Skids 47, Magic Man Red 45 (one lap behind Joe, but Joe got to the lap counter early enough to get the extra lap).

New rule at the track which will be enforced next week. Motors will be limited to Kyosho X-Speed, PN Speedy, Speedy BB, Speedy 05, Speedy 05 BB. More will be posted as more information is revealed.

Vin. I do not disagree with Al placing you in the C. The only way that you were going to be placed in the B is if he only ran 2 mains. Granted your motor broke down in 2 qualify heats, and your third heat was not good, but that is racing. I have been in that scenario before, and it sucks, but thats racing. If Al had run only 2 mains, Bennet and I would have been in A main, and everyone else from B and C would have run together. The B main would have been very hectic, and more B racers would have been hurt. Also, I think that complaining about it in front of C main racers (Tom Sr. etc)was not very nice, it probably hurt his feelings a little, to blatantly say your better (although, we know that to be true). I would have liked to have raced you in the main tonight, but thats racing... There is allways next week

Last edited by EMU; 2005.09.18 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2005.09.18, 01:54 AM   #14
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

I know it did sound arrogant, but it wasn't really meant as an insult to anyone else...just frustration with Al, mostly because of him accusing me of not paying. And I did ask him to put me as last in the B main before he sorted everything, and that, well, it wouldn't be fair. And look what happened...I don't like to do that. It's not enjoyable for me to do that, and I know none of the other guys liked it. I just want everyone to run with who they can.

I didn't ask Mag to defend me so adamantly, I was confused why he did. It seemed to have mattered more to him than me what main I was in.

I didn't like it, but I figured I'd just accept the bad day.

And I've had disagreements with him before, so this isn't anything new, really. If you remember Bobby(or as Mag referred to him as, "hacker Bobby"), well he and his buddy Izzy were at the old place a lot. We ran together a lot, so naturally we clashed sometimes. Some weekend in February or so, in the main, Bobby, Izzy, myself, and the kid Nick were racing. I don't know what the two of them were saying about Nick, but it was bad enough to make him cry...They left, and I was accused of making the poor kid cry, though I had nothing to do with it. And in the whole argument in the office, Al didn't even defend me, though he didn't know what happened. And after that, he started to ignore me a little, so I ignored him back. I guess when I came and stopped buying stuff from him(notable the SLR), he stopped paying much attention to me. Honestly, I'd love to support him...but he marks everything up so much. $50 for an Autoscale? $23 for and unpainted body?? $8 for 2 tires?! You see the pattern.

That whole motor rule doesn't concern me at all, so I'm not bothered...don't know why Mag was worked up.

But the thing about putting himself in the B main instead of me did honestly bug me a little...but only because it was Al. I thought that since he's the owner, he would take care of his customers a little? He gave his 3rd place trophy to Johnathan, why not let me into the B main? He didn't even have to bump himself out, really...could've just stuck me in. Honestly, with the 9t in there, he knew I was fast...my lap times were better than his.

But hey, you're right, that's racing. I just don't think racing should be a business sometimes...especially when I get accused of skipping out on paying someone. That's not the right way to go about it.
Old 2005.09.18, 07:30 AM   #15
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

QUOTESai: Well, I wasn't sure how good he was 'till yesterday...he got an 02, and he blew me away every qualifier.

I like the description you gave to me and everybody.....................

In case you don't know me I have been racing RC cars in Old Englistown raceway; Jackson; Williis; South Shore hobby, etc.........for quite a while. You really learn a lot when racing with the fast guys, just let them PASS and follow their line. I drove very badly with my 01 until my brother brought over from Hong Kong with the 02 and some parts.

I don't mind the motor rule but the Speedy 05 BB I bought last night sucked! It was much slower than my other two regular Speedy 05.

QUOTEHonestly, I'd love to support him...but he marks everything up so much. $50 for an Autoscale? $23 for and unpainted body?? $8 for 2 tires?! You see the pattern.

I understand the markup for running a business, I just hope Al can round the prices so that I don't have to count the pennies(Prices with TAX).

Last edited by SaiTam; 2005.09.18 at 07:35 AM.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote