Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.05.25, 09:12 PM   #1
Blackno3
Go fast, turn left

New NASCAR Mini-z MR02 Kit

The New NASCAR style Mini-z MR02 Kit is called the CP CUP CAR 2. Like the CP CUP CAR the CP CUP CAR 2 is a generic lexan bodied Stock Car kit. It is for the Kyosho MR-02, the MR-015 and the IWAVER 02. With this kit you can use a rear mount or a mid mount motor pod. This new kit is 1/24th scale so most decals that are available will fit perfectly.

The kit includes a 1/24th scale Stock Car body, a set of paint masks, a dual carbon fiber bumper and body mounting system with foam rubber pads. The kit also includes two carbon fiber spacer T bars (one for the RM and one for the MM motor mounts).

Just paint the body and add any 1/24 scale Stock Car or NASCAR decals.
The NASCAR decals are available at most slot car tracks.
The complete kit with a body is $44.99 and extra bodies are $13.99.

There are also some new optional parts, first there are the new CP Revolver Rims for the MR-02, the MR-015 and the IWAVER 02. These rims use Kyosho F1 Mini-Z tires to give your CP CUP CAR 2 the ultimate stock car look.

There are also optional soft and medium Spacer T bar sets for both the MM and RM motor mounts.

For complete info on the CP CUP CAR 2 go to WWW.MININASCAR.COM
CP products will also be available soon at mini-zracer.com
click here to see it

WWW.MINI-NASCAR.COM

Click here to see MINI NASCAR stile racing Video.
Blackno3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.25, 09:24 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
while i am already a fan of the original, i feel the converion based on the 02 wehter it be a kyosho or iwaver, will likely be even more popular!

my true feeling is though that the genius of the kit lies in it's HUGE potential for running custom lexan and model bodies. as of now there are only 2 other slightly similar product; pro-z and tagu. both of which are built more for high end speed setups and well, tagu went the all alloy route and much larger parts. this kit will be the saving grace for all those people that wanted to run custom bodies but didn't want the hassle of making mounts for the kyosho/iwaver chassis. 4 little holes and 4 tiny body clips is all you'll need and you can bet i'll have one soon i've already got an initial d ek-9 body just waiting for it. might pick up another to run nascar with chuckyluv at the gtg's as well maybe i can sweet talk you into even more wheelbase choices later

well done
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.25, 09:34 PM   #3
Blackno3
Go fast, turn left

Arch thanks for the complements. The wheel base’s are 4 ½ inches with a MM motor pod and 4 ¼ for the RM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
maybe i can sweet talk you into even more wheelbase choices later

well done
I’d say that’s a defiant opposability.

We’ve been working on this for a long long time.

WWW.MINI-NASCAR.COM

Click here to see MINI NASCAR stile racing Video.
Blackno3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.25, 09:40 PM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i take back what i said earlier... i will definately pick up another for the nascar kit. got to keep the silver 3 tradition going
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.25, 10:31 PM   #5
bithed
Retired Super Hero

Send a message via MSN to bithed Send a message via Yahoo to bithed
...guys this looks like the PERFECT excuse for me to get my miniz back on the road again...as soon as Arch sends me my boards back...LOVE that truck set up you got going...
Old 2005.05.25, 10:41 PM   #6
KirkLong

Ok im going to the bed.. wake me up when its race time..

KirkLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.25, 11:39 PM   #7
bobbyz

i have been patiently waiting for this thread to start. that's cool about the wheels too, i'm glad you'll be offering those to give the cars a scale look. i have two other plastic model bodies that i know will benifit from from your mounting setup. thanks for putting the work and effort into this project.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.26, 04:11 AM   #8
chuckyluv

Send a message via Yahoo to chuckyluv
nice job

As we have all waited for the cc2 it seems you have made a very flexible conversion. Having the ability to use other bodies and continue the nascar/cp tradition all forms of conventional car motorsports should be able to run in mini z scale. the modeler will without a doubt have their muscle car slammed on the cc2 as well as any one with the skills or not who wish to dream of "what next" to put on the chassis. Great job and cant wait to bump arch2 in the corners....
chuckyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.26, 08:01 AM   #9
ChromaDan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackno3
Arch thanks for the complements. The wheel base’s are 4 ½ inches with a MM motor pod and 4 ¼ for the RM.

I’d say that’s a defiant opposability.

We’ve been working on this for a long long time.

Out(Expleative)Standing!

Regardless of how good this is as a stand alone race car. it appears to be the missing link to connect The RC hobby to the modeling hobby. 4.25 and 4.5 Inches covers many of the car models produced today.

Hats off to You!

these attchments are some examples of the types of cars that can be replicated with your kit. I hope I'm the first kid on my block to cut one of your fine kits up and put Bobby Allisons Matador on the High Banks at Franks Trains and Hobbies.

Or maybe a 1969 Penske Z28 Trans Am Road Racer. The combinations and possibilities are endless

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/franks.htm

I hope you make some great money off this.

BTW to do the Revell Petty Superbird we need 4 3/4 inches Just in case you still have your cutting machine on.

Regards, Dan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg franks12 119.jpg (467.6 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg franks12 141.jpg (390.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg franks12 146.jpg (418.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01583.JPG (84.9 KB, 77 views)
ChromaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.26, 05:11 PM   #10
KirkLong

OMG... is that vintage kicking but or what LOL...

KirkLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.26, 05:15 PM   #11
RB12

Whos getting if mini-z comes out with it there body? Im in for it who else, lets see more people
Old 2005.05.26, 06:14 PM   #12
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB12
Whos getting if mini-z comes out with it there body? Im in for it who else, lets see more people
Here we go again.....and acutally I will be getting both. Well, I already have my CP2. Just have to wait a while, maybe years, for the other bodies to be produced. But I will take 4 of them when they come out!!!!

This kit is awesome! For racing, that nice thick lexan body will not break. Also you have the extra protection of the front foam and CF bumper and the nerf bars on the sides to help protect your $120 K MR-02.

Looks like it will fit almost perfectly most 1/24 scale bodies out there. I just test fitted an 84 Monte Carlo SS to it and it seem that it will fit fine with one minor adjustment to the kit. You will just need to drill a hole closer to the chassis and move the body post over.

Those of you that wish to mount True Scale GTP bodies, you will have to grind down some of the front bumper piece. Other than that you are good to go. Maybe if we sweet talk Blackno3 a little, maybe he will produce a seperate front bumper for sale separately.
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.26, 06:18 PM   #13
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
maybe i can sweet talk you into even more wheelbase choices later

well done
Arch, remember the kit does come with the MM and RM extended H bar. You can still set the bar in any of the 3 positions since the part of the kit with the nerf bars has the 3 pairs of holes pre-drilled and counter sunk. If you use the RM H bar on the longest setting with a MM motor pod you should get major length out of it. Maybe not enough for ECTO-1 but close for sure!
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.26, 06:56 PM   #14
RB12

I am only for the mini-z racer car kit and not this one , yuck,
Old 2005.05.26, 08:10 PM   #15
solartech
r/c user

Nice work Eric!
solartech is offline   Reply With Quote