Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.12.13, 10:26 AM   #1
Kevinmueller
Bavarian Bullet

New F1 chassis from MC3

This is another seek peek at our new F1 chassis named the KMD-FR01. It will be on sale soon from mini car club of Canada. The chassis is a drop in for the VE boards, meaning it uses the servo motor from an MR-03. In testing the car is very fast. I posted the fastest lap time in the world in the one28racing competition with the prototype car. Stay tuned for the release date and more info on all the new design features. To bad I don't know how to inbed photos so people can see them with out needing to open the file. Can anyone help me with that? Then I'll be able to post more shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0066.jpg (92.9 KB, 234 views)

Last edited by Kevinmueller; 2016.12.13 at 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Kevinmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.13, 11:11 AM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmueller View Post
To bad I don't know how to inbed photos so people can see them with out needing to open the file. Can anyone help me with that? Then I'll be able to post more shots.
Right click link of image, copy image location... Paste link between [img] and [/ img] without the space between the / and image.

Chassis looks interesting, would like to see what's under the hood... See that it has a-arms. Is it still bottom loaded battery support? Side plate, t-plate? Body looks like it has plenty of clearance for motor wires and dampers.

What thickness is the main chassis wassup material?
Old 2016.12.13, 11:32 AM   #3
byebye

Done! The forum(at least for me) doesn't resize the photo so any large dimension picture is huge...I resized the picture down to 1280x960 for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Looks great btw. Will there be more pics on the social media page?

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.13, 11:45 AM   #4
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Very interesting sneak peek...it appears as if you're using the spring steel mod for your MR03 hopup page and it appears likely that you've created a double A-arm front suspension.

I personally can't wait to see/try this in person. this is the type of front end I've been mulling over for some time yet couldn't figure how to incorporate the knuckle/tie rod of the 03 to the front end of an F1....glad someone has taken the time/measurements and moved them to the 3D print phase.

Thanks Kevin/MC3!

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.13, 12:02 PM   #5
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Can't wait to see more!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.16, 12:46 PM   #6
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Always liked the F1 series. Looking forward to seeing more.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.21, 12:59 PM   #7
Sinister_Y

Promo Video #1 out now

Go to our __utube channel or our social media page.
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.21, 01:29 PM   #8
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Y View Post
Go to our __utube channel or our social media page.
Where is your social media page? Can you provide link? If link won't posts, can you send via message? Found it on social media

Last edited by mleemor60; 2016.12.22 at 06:07 AM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.21, 02:56 PM   #9
EMU
EMUracing

Quickly watched the video. Car looks very balanced. Looks really good.

The only negative that I can see is that it is 3d printed, which means that it cannot be used in PNWC... Since they ban all 3d printed parts.
Old 2016.12.21, 03:01 PM   #10
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Quickly watched the video. Car looks very balanced. Looks really good.

The only negative that I can see is that it is 3d printed, which means that it cannot be used in PNWC... Since they ban all 3d printed parts.
Wow...yeah i forgot about that.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.21, 04:17 PM   #11
EMU
EMUracing

It is unfortunate that the only current racing series/championship has restrictions on development of parts using 3d printing. I understand why it is done, but it leaves products that use 3d printed materials in the dark.

Fortunately, it seems like club racing is most of what is going on stateside... And it is doubtful that there would be restrictions on such a nice looking product at the club level. Which, let's face it, is the only current racing going on stateside.

This could lead in to an entirely different topic... But as someone who has taken a stab at 3d printing parts myself, I understand the ramifications.

Even if this chassis were to go into development as a molded product, unless cleared with the sanctioning body, being that only Kyosho f1 chassis are permitted, it would not be permitted.

If there were a bolt on modification, using the majority of the main chassis, then it could be permissible. Much like the hop ups for the mr03, etc.

I am excited to see this chassis in person... Or at least some good pics to see the layout of the design.
Old 2016.12.21, 10:33 PM   #12
Kevinmueller
Bavarian Bullet

Here are some pics of the chassis, it's not the final version but very close.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0102.jpg (495.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0104.jpg (491.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0103.jpg (488.8 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Kevinmueller; 2016.12.22 at 06:38 AM.
Kevinmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.21, 11:05 PM   #13
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmueller View Post
Here are some pics of the chassis, it's not the final version but very close.
Thank you very much for showing the pictures. It looks really good. Better than anticipated!
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.12.21, 11:45 PM   #14
Sinister_Y

Hi Eugene,

All points are valid. The bottom line is this chassis is amazing. Full stop. It, in fact, beats the fastest lap time of a fully modified brushless MR03 at our track. You can imagine how this is possible as the wheelbase is longer, giving stability and it uses those huge F1 tires which have a much larger contact patch than a touring car tire.

We were able to take the hassle out of F1 and make it fun again. I can't recall how many times I wanted to throw my old F1 at the wall; it handled so inconsistently.

I'd suggest if you are a F1 fan and I know you are. Get it. The kit is not for beginners. Also we have plans as they say....
Old 2016.12.21, 11:51 PM   #15
Sinister_Y

On a related note, I did look at getting everything done using injection molding however the design is not compatible (the technical reason is too many undercuts). However if sales are good then I will look at doing the body and wings in injection, as they can be with some minor modifications.