Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Old 2010.04.15, 11:57 AM   #1
pinwc4

Version 0.45 of Flip Side Racing Software available

Version 0.45 of the Flip Side Racing software is available for download. While version 0.44 was a test release this is the official release that fixes the bugs that were reported.

Other than the bug fixes the installer has been modified to prompt you to confirm you want to delete the database and if you install to a directory that has a database already it will not be overwritten. Any files overwritten by the upgrade or install process are backed up in the rollback directory.

For more details of what had changed you can check the release notes here:
Release Notes

Otherwise go to the Flip Side Racing website to download the latest release.
Flip Side Racing
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.15, 12:47 PM   #2
briankstan

cool, we are racing tonight, I'll load it up and give it a run tonight.

PS. thanks for making the update idiot proof (yes, I'm that idiot, and it cost me a 2nd or 3rd place in the last HFAY race. )
Old 2010.04.15, 04:58 PM   #3
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
cool, we are racing tonight, I'll load it up and give it a run tonight.

PS. thanks for making the update idiot proof (yes, I'm that idiot, and it cost me a 2nd or 3rd place in the last HFAY race. )
That stinks, I feel really bad that that happened to you. This version will help prevent that for other people but if they click Yes I want to delete the database then it is really gone. But at least then people will have to think twice about it (assuming they read the message.....)
Old 2010.04.20, 09:19 AM   #4
pinwc4

Any feedback on this release? Any bugs that I need to fix? Any areas of the program that need improved?

To me I think we are nearing an official 1.0 release and I will be focusing much more on the race management aspect. The main big task I would like to get done is allow for people to modify all the text on the screens to be in other languages. Right now you can only change the speech. This will be quite a bit of work to complete though as parts of the program expect to see certain words to know what modes to use.
Old 2010.04.20, 09:37 AM   #5
briankstan

I had issued with my laptop all night, we had some problems with the program stopping to count, but I'm sure it was due to my laptop. It had downloaded a lot of updates and was trying to install them, After I rebooted my laptop with everything up to date it was working fine. I didn't notice anything that I would want to add or change specifically.

we are racing again this thursday so I'll have more time to make sure eveything is working better.
Old 2010.04.20, 12:47 PM   #6
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
I had issued with my laptop all night, we had some problems with the program stopping to count, but I'm sure it was due to my laptop. It had downloaded a lot of updates and was trying to install them, After I rebooted my laptop with everything up to date it was working fine. I didn't notice anything that I would want to add or change specifically.

we are racing again this thursday so I'll have more time to make sure eveything is working better.
Oh the monthly joys of Patch Tuesday. Yeah, Microsoft updates can be disruptive to the software. With the Core hardware I have to send inventory requests from the computer every 1/100th of second. Other programs such as updates can breifly take too much CPU time and interrupt this process.
Old 2010.05.13, 07:36 AM   #7
BrianMidnight

Exception error occured while reading the preferences

Ever since installing 045 I get the above box appearing..... if I click "OK" the programme loads. I then have to re establish connection with core... All my database of racers is shown in the edit racers screen but when I try to edit... a lot of information is missing under "Race Car Specific Information" apart from make & model. I can still scan to "create a new racer" but not include "Race Car Specific Information" apart from make & model. I can run any race from my "race profiles" but in silence no sounds at all.
However........if I "copy & paste" preferences from 043 across to 045 before openning 045 everything works correctly..... but......... after closing the programme down when I come to open up again I'm back to "Exception error occured while reading he preferences".
I've been down the fresh install route (zipped download) loads of times but always have to resort to my "copy & paste" routine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong!!!!
BrianMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.13, 07:53 AM   #8
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANMIDNITE View Post
Ever since installing 045 I get the above box appearing..... if I click "OK" the programme loads. I then have to re establish connection with core... All my database of racers is shown in the edit racers screen but when I try to edit... a lot of information is missing under "Race Car Specific Information" apart from make & model. I can still scan to "create a new racer" but not include "Race Car Specific Information" apart from make & model. I can run any race from my "race profiles" but in silence no sounds at all.
However........if I "copy & paste" preferences from 043 across to 045 before openning 045 everything works correctly..... but......... after closing the programme down when I come to open up again I'm back to "Exception error occured while reading he preferences".
I've been down the fresh install route (zipped download) loads of times but always have to resort to my "copy & paste" routine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong!!!!
Can you send me the theme.xml, preferences.xml, raceparts.xml and language.xml files from your program folder. Also if you have pointed your translation to a different file send me that (it is the setting on the general config page, by default it is just set to language.xml though). Something is broken in one of those xml files and I should be able to figure out what entry is. It is possible that the program is writing a bad entry to one of those files I will be able to figure more out when I look at the files. Or if you have manually edited one of those files you could have formatted the entry wrong. raceparts.xml is the most common file people edit themselves.

My email address is my username here @flipsidehobbies.com