Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.12.17, 10:36 PM   #1
2wdMod

Which autoscale bodies are 98mm???

Hey guys i was just looking to get a list of 98mm autoscale bodies going. something that would work good on a 98mm pancar . Please dont say pn pan car body, I already have one that I cant run.By the way would be willing to swap it for a 98mm autoscale!!
2wdMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.17, 11:36 PM   #2
briankstan

there are quite a few,

Mclaren, Enzo, Mercielago, Diablo, Ford GT, Mustang, BMW M3, SLR, and the new Aston Martin DBR9
Old 2008.12.17, 11:52 PM   #3
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Aston Martin DBR9 would be a good option... As would the Mazda 787B shaved for 98mm, with lexan wing that doesnt hang off the back. Both bodies support 2n/3w offsets. I had the Aston on my Pan car chassis for a little while... felt pretty good too.

Last edited by EMU; 2008.12.18 at 04:07 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.18, 05:51 AM   #4
defcone

What's the difference between pan car chassis and a normal chassis?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.18, 06:09 AM   #5
color01

Maybe pan car chassis means P28/Sinister/MRCG? Those do take primarily 98mm bodies.

Personally I'm excited about the 2007 Super GT 350Z. Though it's not natively 98mm, once you stretch it out to that wheelbase it's so fast and planted.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.18, 09:40 AM   #6
simpleskin

Send a message via AIM to simpleskin Send a message via Skype™ to simpleskin
Ferrari 612 is also 98

MR-02 AD
MR-02 AD with narrow PN front tower bars
3 x dNaNo
2 x MA-010
3 x MR-03
MR-015
Overland
F1
simpleskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.18, 09:44 AM   #7
andreophile
Left Foot Braker

I think Pan Car is a colloquial term for non-production racing machines built along the lines of those featured in the Le Mans races. The word Pan Car seems to be derived from the fact that these low-slung, aerodynamic racers with their flat underbelly resemble a flat and shallow cooking pan. They are characterised by the following attributes:
  1. Low slung and wide track profile.
  2. Flat underbody to generate increased downforce.
  3. C0ckpit styled, centrally placed single seater layout (damned word censors!).
  4. Aerodynamically efficient design with judicious use of wings, diffusers and splitters.
  5. A single continuous body shell wrapped around the entire chassis, including the wheels.

Rule #5 is the reason why an F1 car cannot be considered as a Pan Car. That's because, although it satisfies the first four criteria, its exposed wheels aren't shrouded within the body like a Pan Car's. This is my take on what separate Pan Cars from regular and F1, DTM, WRC and Touring cars.

By the way, this is Wikipedia's idea of a Pan Car
Old 2008.12.18, 11:07 AM   #8
2wdMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by color01 View Post
Maybe pan car chassis means P28/Sinister/MRCG? Those do take primarily 98mm bodies.

Personally I'm excited about the 2007 Super GT 350Z. Though it's not natively 98mm, once you stretch it out to that wheelbase it's so fast and planted.
exactly.. kinda.. This is a for a project car that uses parts from a mr-02 and from an iwaver 02m is going brushless/li-po. to see pics just look at the "best set-up for an iwaver 02m" thread. I love the iwaver front ends and hate the spring rear ends so I merged the front of an 02m and the rear of an mr-02 via a carbon fiber chassis. IT LIVES and handles VERY well!
2wdMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.18, 03:36 PM   #9
Azooboy

Chrisler 300C EMI?
Old 2008.12.18, 03:41 PM   #10
Tjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Aston Martin DBR9 would be a good option... As would the Mazda 787B shaved for 94mm, with lexan wing that doesnt hang off the back. Both bodies support 2n/3w offsets. I had the Aston on my Pan car chassis for a little while... felt pretty good too.
Hi Eugene,

Is this the mazda you showed me at the World's? Can you post a pic of it or pm me. I really like the orange/green mazda body but don't like the 102 much.

Thanks!
-TJ
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.18, 04:13 PM   #11
EMU
EMUracing

I drove the white Mazda 787 in the mod 2wd, 98mm. Setup was almost identical to my Pan car. By Pan car, I mean the MR02 chassis that is used for Pan car class. If I was referring to a pan chassis, I would refer to it by the name of the chassis, MRCG, Sinister...

Tjay, I dont remember which Mazda I showed you. I had one setup for 98mm and one setup for 102mm. The 102mm later became the chassis under my pan car after a different board in the chassis I was using for Pan started shutting down on me. I didnt want to take chances, so I made a chassis change (also had WTF installed on the 102mm setup).
Old 2008.12.18, 05:54 PM   #12
Tjay

Eugene: I can't remember if it was a 98 or 102. I can only remember it on the track. That thing looked hooked up!
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.18, 06:00 PM   #13
EMU
EMUracing

I only put the 102mm car on the track once, and didnt like it... I think its the 98mm car that you saw, it was hooked up. I made a pretty big change before the main, going to the WTF front end, and took a little while to adjust. I thought we were going to have a practice between the last qualifier and the main.