Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.11.29, 07:26 PM   #1
mini-z
Administrator

Mini-ZRacer.com Event: 12/2/2005, Ann Arbor, MI

This Friday! Bring your Mini-Zs, XMODs, Epochs; bring Core transponders if you have them - we will also have then available to borrow at the track.

The event will again be held at Phoenix Games:

210 S 4th Ave, Ann Arbor, MI
http://www.google.com/maps?q=phoenix...&iwloc=A&hl=en

We'll be getting started around 6pm; please note that there will be no one from Tiny RC there before 6pm, so if you get there early, please don't bother the Phoenix staff as they won't be able to answer any of your questions.

Please post to this thread if you plan on attending. Please also let us know if you have any questions/concerns/ideas/etc.

See you there!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.29, 07:32 PM   #2
mini-z
Administrator

Btw, we've added a new shipping option to shop.tinyrc.com - "Pickup at next Ann Arbor Mini-ZRacer.com Race" - this way you can shop online, and then pick up your items at the GTG.
Old 2005.11.29, 07:52 PM   #3
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
As long as no one is there playing poker or warhammer -- I will try to always show up early to get things setup... as I said in email see if I am alowed to move the other stuff in there.. to make the maximum flor space for track ?! And see what I can move, and not have to put back lol...
Old 2005.11.29, 09:05 PM   #4
hobbycar

Count me in again. Drac, I'm glad you'll be coming as well. I should be there at 6 to help setup again.

Don't forget to bring the shopvac/handvacs to suck up the debris off the new RCP tiles. Although not all of it as I know how much you guys love the "real racing" look you get after running

I'll bring my MR-01 (with messed up body), and my Speed Racer Spec-1 Epoch, and my custom recently installed 4-cell Chevy SSR Spec-1 Epoch.

I have enough cash to buy some bit parts (tires,etc) and pick them up at the GTG. But I will see how things go to decide my next car purchase: Spec-2 Epoch and trick it out with all of the upgrades (Epoch Spec-2 with upgrade wishlist) or a MA-010

Epoch Spec-2s on shop.tinyrc.com

-hobbycar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MA-010_product_image.jpg (27.8 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by hobbycar; 2005.11.29 at 09:22 PM.
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.29, 10:12 PM   #5
Draconious

Umm any one have a ROOMBA robot vacuum they can let loose on the track? while fixing their car? lol.............

I've been meaning to buy a cheap roomba, and replace the robotics with something like a Mini-Z ESC.. and make it remove control -- roomba races!!!
Old 2005.11.30, 12:52 AM   #6
will3kgt

Count on me being there as well. I can't wait.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.30, 09:45 PM   #7
Mazda787b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z
Btw, we've added a new shipping option to shop.tinyrc.com - "Pickup at next Ann Arbor Mini-ZRacer.com Race" - this way you can shop online, and then pick up your items at the GTG.
Awesome! By any chance did my yellow 575 come in yet?

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 2005.12.01, 08:57 AM   #8
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
As long as no one is there playing poker or warhammer -- I will try to always show up early to get things setup... as I said in email see if I am alowed to move the other stuff in there.. to make the maximum flor space for track ?! And see what I can move, and not have to put back lol...
D, I'm talking about that big hallway area, not the front retail area! Got your email, will get back to you shortly; thanks!
Old 2005.12.01, 08:59 AM   #9
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda787b
Awesome! By any chance did my yellow 575 come in yet?

Thanks,

Ryan
That's strange, it hasn't come in the past few shipments - will check today and see what's up; alternately:

Kyosho Mini-Z MR-02 RC Chassis Set (note the new low price!)
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...3&cat=0&page=1

Kyosho Mini-Z Ferrari 575 GTC MR-02 RM GlossCoat AutoScale Body - Yellow
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...6&cat=0&page=1

since I'm sure you already have a Tx!
Old 2005.12.01, 02:49 PM   #10
Mazda787b

Hmmph, I may do that. The only thing that concerns me is how well the iWaver tx will (or should I say won't) work alongside the other Zs at the track. I figure I could go along with that until I pick up an M8 or something. I really see the value in the module-based systems now. Makes me wish I would have picked up something diffierent than my XS3 Pro. So back on topic, just LMK when it comes. If it isn't in by next week or so, I will get the chassis set or the 360GTC.

I got some more bad news. As you know this Saturday I have a game, so I may not be able to make it out. Well two weeks from Friday I start the News-Hearld christmas tournament. I hope I can come out there for a bit tomorrow, or that would be no racing until after Christmas.
Old 2005.12.01, 04:49 PM   #11
Draconious

I may or may not show up tomarow... if it snows to the point roads are icey by any chance I can't go... cuz I do not need to put yet more dents into my truck...

Umm gas money crunch again... have enough in tank to get there, but if I cant barrow any at last minute, ill need more buckazoids.

Anyone there want any of the following crap?, if so I'll bring it (make an offer).

Used Mini-Power bodies good, but not perfect condition, beeter bodies.
* Black Beetle RSI
* Black-black roof Mini-Cooper (not raced, only on shelf, but broken antenna)
* Red MR2/MRS
$14.00 all 3 (might trade these for a few parts I need)

1 NEW Unopened Mini-Cooper Mini Power Body, White-black roof.
$15.00 (I think its the last Mini Power Cooper around?!) Note: kyosho is releasing a Cooper body of their own...

Mini-Z Monster, out of box, brand new unused, no TX (japan version).
$95.00

Mini-Z Overland, out of box, brand new unused, no body not TX (japan version).
* Or I will keep new one, and sell my newish-used one for a bit less...
$85.00

Highly Used MR01 chassis (needs; motor clip, motor, new servo pot)
$25.00

Used But Good condition MR01 chassis (china).
$55.00

New In Package Parts:
Kyosho MZW6 center shock mr01
Power Line: Roll Shocks, Front Springs
Megatech Ball Diff (mr01)

Piles of stock plastic rims Some Wide, most standard.
Lots of Kyosho Crystal sets...

About 20, 7389 Fets -- all good, been sitting around in a static bag a while tho, I doubt anything bad happen to them. (these were supose to go in my own fet racer, which I never built).
$20.00 ?

Just gona throw this out there LOL...
Toshiba Lap Top?! (>$2000 new) 510-s501 (1.7ghz) - has issues... screen go's bonkers, lines, artifcats, or it "melts away", rumor is bad solder joints on the video card so potential recall. (everyone of this model has this problem) -- good for those that can fix it, or wish to send it in to toshiba for the recall.. the last model number they recalled they gave $500-$1500 back via a class action lawsuit, cort order, $500.00
The last one I saw sell on ebay went for $500-650, guy failed tomention it didnt work lol... One that would not turn on or work at all, sold for $350...

Last edited by Draconious; 2005.12.02 at 05:07 AM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.01, 05:32 PM   #12
hobbycar

Any chance we can do next Friday (Dec 9th) as well?
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.01, 07:29 PM   #13
mini-z
Administrator

hobbycar, I can't make it on the 9th, but - how many people would prefer weekly over every other week?

Oh, and can someone volunteer to bring a vacuum?
Old 2005.12.01, 08:04 PM   #14
Draconious

That will be fun carrying that from the parking garage... umm is there not one in the store that could be used?! Possibly we walked past one on the way in? The vacuums I have are too big to lug around... and the small one is in the chicago apartment.
Old 2005.12.01, 09:38 PM   #15
Mazda787b

Well thanks to a board error, I lost what I originally was going to post, so you get the Reader's digest version:

Quote:
I think that every week would be great, but I would worry about people "burning out" from it after awhile. I know that is what keeps me racing, the fact that I cannot be there week in - and week out. With all the hubub about the holidays, Easter, etc. there should be about one week per month where we would have a "day off." Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea?

Is anyone bringing up one of the new MA-010s? I am curious to see how they stack up against a nicely-prepped MR-02. What bugs me is that they sell the car with the smoke chassis, then offer a chassis in the same blue plastic as the MR-02 comes with and labels it as the "Rigid Chassis Skeleton" upgrade. What's the tip on that?

Drac,

Will any of those shells fit an 02?

I hope to see alot of pics from you guys, maybe we can get an album together that everyone can add to?