Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Mini-ZRacer.com Mini-Z Dojo, Ann Arbor MI

Old 2005.11.18, 03:56 PM   #31
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
Mini-z, did you decide if you were going to run one of the HFAY tracks? if so, I'll look forward to receiving some times, but don't worry about it if you don't have time to fit is in. If you have a few racers that want to give it a shot that would be great. it only takes about 5 min a person....

Hope everyone has lots of fun tonight... and remember it's all for fun.
Yep, we're planning on running "#1". Is it intended to be run clockwise or counter-clockwise btw?
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.18, 03:57 PM   #32
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda787b
I talked to ne of my dad's friends who works out that way and he said traffic is terrible. I plan on leaving about 6:00 to avoid the traffic, sorry if I will be a bit late.

But I worked on the Xmod Evo, it should be ready to kill.
D'oh, sounds like I'll be trundling everything over solo...
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.18, 04:13 PM   #33
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z
Yep, we're planning on running "#1". Is it intended to be run clockwise or counter-clockwise btw?

Clockwise....it's not nascar

Brian
Old 2005.11.18, 05:18 PM   #34
Billiam_Returns

Send a message via AIM to Billiam_Returns
Sorry Drac: I couldn't respond in time. This weekend is just too hectic for me anyway. Post some pics!

I don't think my parents would let me go off with some forum [person]. Not until I turn 18 in Jan.
Old 2005.11.18, 08:55 PM   #35
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
sorry to hear about the core troubles. if it's not the loop or usb power, than it has to be environmental interference.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.18, 09:35 PM   #36
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
sorry to hear about the core troubles. if it's not the loop or usb power, than it has to be environmental interference.
were they unable to get it working?
Old 2005.11.18, 09:40 PM   #37
arch2b

little to no signal strength and some glitching?
Old 2005.11.18, 11:03 PM   #38
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
little to no signal strength and some glitching?
strange, I have used mine in serveral locations. I have never had a signal problem. I have had some glitching but a quick relocation of the loop always solved that.

Have they used the timing system before? is it a new one, maybe it's the laptop or the Tower?
Old 2005.11.18, 11:16 PM   #39
Mazda787b

Yeah, VERY little signal strength. We moved it away from a metal shelf and it actually got worse. Even making it into a bridge didn't seem to help. The guys running Kcars were glitching. Funny thing was, with my iWaver Tx, I did not experience any glitching until the Core loop was taken off.

Anyways, it was a ton of fun. I had a good time hanging out with all you guys, and for not liking R/Cs much my dad liked it too. I do know that I will be purchasing an MR-02 soon. This upcomming Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, so I guess we will shoot for two weeks from now? Maybe it would be better to have it every other Friday anyways?

I believe it was Me, Dave (Mini-Z), Draconious, Will3kgt, SonicFury, onrailz/chuck, and badskater. All in all it was a hoot.

Anyways, I snapped a few shots:

Mini-Z's 575GTC after some hard racing. Look at how the RCP makes the dirt effect on the cars, just like in Real Life!

Draconious' F40 MR-02. He supposedly used Altezza front offset wheels to fit it under the shell (Hope I didn't give away any secrets!).

Onrailz's (or was it badskater's) Gulf McLaren F1. They both had the same shell, couldn't tell them apart.

Can't wait til next time! What time did the rest of you guys get done?
Old 2005.11.18, 11:34 PM   #40
arch2b

mini-z mentioned trying to adjust the location, the loop size etc. the only thing i can think of would be something withing the concrete floor slab itself like heavy rebar and w.w.m. or a store nearby has rifd security equipment or some other equipment locally that could have caused interference.
Old 2005.11.18, 11:45 PM   #41
hobbycar

It was fun

It was a bunch of fun and nice to meet and run with some of the guys (we ended around 11pm). I've been out of RC for a couple years (ran and modded some Epochs that have been sitting on the shelf since then) and just got back into it the past month or so. In fact I just received a used mini-z I won on ebay yesterday and noticed the planned GTG here in my new hometown of Ann Arbor. What timing :-)

The brand-spanking-new track was a bit slick. The next time we run we'll use something (hand-vacs?) to make it a little better. Either-way I'm sure it'll get tighter the more it gets used.

Thanks to David (Mini-Z) for getting everything together and letting me run his extra F40 after my new/used mini-z busted a servo gear. And a big thanks to Will for giving me the extra servo gear to replace my busted one.

Running the Epochs was fun too. Now decisions, decisions...what to buy next...mini-z stuff or epochs.

-hobbycar (Norman)
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.18, 11:51 PM   #42
arch2b

wow, 11pm... sounds like one of our gtg's
Old 2005.11.19, 12:15 AM   #43
will3kgt

Yes, we ran unitl 11pm. I'd would've stayed longer but I had to go to work. It was a pleasure meeting the Mini-z drivers of MI. Hopefully, Sonicfury can make it out next time when we meet in two weeks. I had a great time and was glad to finally meet Mini-Z(Dave) and everyone in person. I will be purchasing an Epoch now that I've finally found them. (Thanks badskater21 for the demo Epoch.)
Sorry for no pictures, I was having to much fun racing. I promise pictures next time, and If Sonic comes out next time we'll possibly have video.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.19, 12:19 AM   #44
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Well just got home... 1:18

Wish I could say it was fun... but it wasnt... but I might be a little bias since I dont think a toy car was realy worth totaly trashing my real truck in the parking garage... and then we didnt even get to do a real race, wich wouldnt have mattered since my Mini-Z totaly sucks.... ;laksjd thats what I get for moving my truck to a diff spot so some one who took 2 spaces could open their door, and nearly getting hit by some one else all at the same time... blah..

I actualy parked in the garage cuz I didnt want to park on the street and have some one run into it...

Nothing ever goes my way...

So happy happy joy joy... from worrying about 100$ gas... to a few grand (more than the truck is worth now) in repair... greeeaatt. ;lkajsdf

I am kind of so pissed, that I kinda dont want any of my mini-z stuff any more.

Last edited by Draconious; 2005.11.19 at 12:25 AM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.19, 12:28 AM   #45
will3kgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda787b
Yeah, VERY little signal strength. We moved it away from a metal shelf and it actually got worse. Even making it into a bridge didn't seem to help. The guys running Kcars were glitching. Funny thing was, with my iWaver Tx, I did not experience any glitching until the Core loop was taken off.

Anyways, it was a ton of fun. I had a good time hanging out with all you guys, and for not liking R/Cs much my dad liked it too. I do know that I will be purchasing an MR-02 soon. This upcomming Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, so I guess we will shoot for two weeks from now? Maybe it would be better to have it every other Friday anyways?

I believe it was Me, Dave (Mini-Z), Draconious, Will3kgt, SonicFury, onrailz/chuck, and badskater. All in all it was a hoot.

Anyways, I snapped a few shots:

Mini-Z's 575GTC after some hard racing. Look at how the RCP makes the dirt effect on the cars, just like in Real Life!

Draconious' F40 MR-02. He supposedly used Altezza front offset wheels to fit it under the shell (Hope I didn't give away any secrets!).

Onrailz's (or was it badskater's) Gulf McLaren F1. They both had the same shell, couldn't tell them apart.

Can't wait til next time! What time did the rest of you guys get done?
I told you. Any racer who comes with an Xmod, will leave wanting a Mini-z and will have one by the next race. It was really nice meeting you & your dad Mazda I had a nice time talking hockey and other sports with him. See ya in two weeks!
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote