Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.01.07, 12:39 PM   #61
fraga
Javier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
Skinny/90mm: Store approved non modified PN 70 turn motor required, 90mm only with front 0 offset wheel all around (square set-up)
Thanks! So the "square set-up" on the Skinny means all wheels need to be 0N front and back for a 0N,0N setup, correct? A 0N,0W would not be allowed?

Last edited by fraga; 2011.01.07 at 12:45 PM.
fraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.07, 01:55 PM   #62
Chicken Little
El Pollo Loco

That's correct. You must use fronts all around (square set-up).
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.07, 02:16 PM   #63
fraga
Javier

Quote:
That's correct. You must use fronts all around (square set-up).
Got it. So it is a narrow front setup (MR-015 width equivalent) chassis set to 90mm with 4 narrow, 0 offset wheels.

And any body that would fit on that setup would do? So if I mount rear narrow 0 offset rims to a 90mm Porsche that normally uses 0N front and 0W back would that be legal?

Thanks!
-j
Old 2011.01.07, 10:50 PM   #64
Chicken Little
El Pollo Loco

Technically it would, but the most common types they use are the Silvia, Mini Cooper, VW Beetle or any of the MA010 drifter bodies with the narrow tire set-up. It just would not look right using a Porsche body, I have tried it but didn't like the way it looked.
Old 2011.01.08, 01:45 AM   #65
fraga
Javier

Quote:
Technically it would, but the most common types they use are the Silvia, Mini Cooper, VW Beetle or any of the MA010 drifter bodies with the narrow tire set-up. It just would not look right using a Porsche body, I have tried it but didn't like the way it looked.
Thanks! Will you be there tomorrow?
Old 2011.01.09, 11:29 PM   #66
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

1/8/11 videos are now on Youtube. Click on my signature to see them. 10 races uploaded.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.10, 12:25 AM   #67
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiTam View Post
1/8/11 videos are now on Youtube. Click on my signature to see them. 10 races uploaded.
Nice Videos Sai. Great racing, lots of very close battles.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.10, 12:12 PM   #68
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Philip, that Mini was working... I thought for sure once you got in front you would pull away from the field. I dont know if I increased pace, or you dropped off... but I started to close the gap a little. Your mini was very good in the left side of the track, my car seemed to be better on the right side. You can see that difference in the video...

In the Hatch class, I knew I couldnt make one mistake. Elvin's Megane is fast, my Subaru was smooth and carried lots of corner speed but lacked the acceleration that his Megane had.

I had a great run with Ron in LM. I hit the board on lap 2, and he got by. I raced him very close for a few laps trying to force an error...
Old 2011.01.11, 03:18 PM   #69
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Hey Eugene, yeah the Mini was working very well, it was easy to drive and I think your right I started to lost punch and top end at the end of the race. It could have been batteries or maybe I need to learn to save my batteries a little more during the race. But without a doubt a great race.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Old 2011.01.11, 04:19 PM   #70
EMU
EMUracing

The amount of pressure you gave me early... I knew I couldnt hold you back for long. Especially because I couldnt get the power down with the RX-7 as well as I could with the Mini. Maybe I need to try a different t-plate, with a little more f/r compliance. I broke the t-plate that I had the first time I raced with the Mini, and am looking for a few options... I dont want to go too soft laterally, as I already lift the inside front wheel from time to time if I push it too hard. I am using an ATM silver 5.5. Maybe I should try an ATM blue 7.5 and see if that helps. I may also try a Kyosho wide. PN t-plates are more front/rear stiff than laterally stiff, and dont work very well for my setup style, especially since my Mini is a DDS car not a Tri-damper setup like most of my other cars. I have a few ideas to try for the next race.

Last edited by EMU; 2011.01.11 at 04:33 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.11, 11:29 PM   #71
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Yeah I agree the PN t-plates are very f/r stiff I prefer a bit more f/r compliance, at least enough to where the car (race ready) settles down about 1 to 1/2 a mm once the car is placed on the ground, but still have enough suspension travel. I like some mild lateral compliance. I have most of the Atomic 03 silver plates and I believe I have all the blue 03 T-plate and they work great (blue ones are a bit softer then the silver plates). For my Mini I use an 02 with modified front end to become narrow and use the soft silver ATM 02 T-plate sometime my Mini will pick up the inside front wheel or if going in very hot into a sharp turn the inside rear wheel will pick up (I have a tendency to start throwing the cars around, I find I can reduce/illiminate 3 wheeling if I am smoother on the wheel). I made some changes to my ride height and damper plates and built another Mini with the ATM rear mount, I cant wait to try it out again. I should be racing again this Sat. at Ron's hope to see you there.

Old 2011.01.12, 11:52 AM   #72
EMU
EMUracing

I plan to build another 90mm setup (with ATM mount) to compare to the PN setup as well. I think that both have their strengths and weaknesses, so they will be interesting to see which works better. I am happy that there are more than one 90mm MM mount now.
Old 2011.01.12, 07:31 PM   #73
Chicken Little
El Pollo Loco

Philip hey, it's Richmond. Watching the 90mm race with you wheeling your mini cooper was awesome. Hope to see more of that action between you, Jason and Eugene.
Old 2011.01.13, 03:51 PM   #74
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Hey Richmond

Yeah that was fun. Hope I can drive the Mini Cooper like that again this Saturday, and this time win the race the reality the competition is tight (but pleasant and fun) and many guys there could have won the race. I was fortunate to take the win from Jason on the B main to bump up to the A main, his Mini Cooper had A main written all over it, he was on rails. I made some changes to my Cooper's damper system, will see if that translate to more corner speed.

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2011.01.13 at 03:58 PM.
Old 2011.01.13, 08:01 PM   #75
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Here are some pictures of the Mini with the ATM Motor mount.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0111A.jpg (219.9 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0112A.jpg (243.9 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0106A.jpg (212.6 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2011.01.14 at 07:20 PM.