Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.03.04, 03:48 PM   #61
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRinger
Are we going to use the stock transmitters that come with the cars for the enduro race or is everybody going to use their own?
We ran one transmitter but with each persons settings.

In practice each person set the transmitter to thier liking. When we did a battery change we also did a driver swap and there was enough time to do the two.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.04, 03:55 PM   #62
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i would favor everyone using thier own transmitter, or atleast that being an option.

i don't want to have to worry about tuning the transmitter during swaps or messing with someone elses settings. we will have stock transmitters for each car if anyone chooses to use them.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.04, 03:59 PM   #63
byebye

In our case though we had the helios with the memory so it was a quick select turn select. I don't think anyone will get away with a battery change under 15 seconds. Nerves get in the way!

And there ain't no way I'm using a stock transmitter!

-Byebye
Old 2007.03.04, 04:03 PM   #64
arch2b

many of us have a helios as well and its just as easy for someone to turn it off and the next driver turn theirs on during a change. most people are understandabley protective of a 2-300 dollar radio and may not want to share it. some will but some may not and i cna't fault them for that so i would prefer to not exclude the use of individual transmitters.
Old 2007.03.04, 04:06 PM   #65
byebye

I'm not against using their own. I was just stating that in our case we used the one.

My reply was in regards to the ringer asking about using stock transmitters. I wasn't sure of how many had aftermarket transmitters.

-Byebye
Old 2007.03.04, 04:11 PM   #66
arch2b

understood just want to make it clear that we will leave it up to the team to determine what they want to do. a stock transmitter will be provided though.
Old 2007.03.04, 05:54 PM   #67
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

I believe The Ringer was just wondering if we were going to do this to level the playing field (similar to using the stock chassis). We can't all afford a Helios, and when The Ringer mentioned this, it certainly seemed to fit with the intent of the race (running a stock readyset/chassis). I wouldn't want to use the stock transmitter myself (especially for 2 hours), but it makes sense from that perspective.

I thought it was a good question, anyway, considering we haven't cemented the rules for this "box stock" race yet, nor addressed the question of what transmitters we could (or had to) use. He confirmed to me that he'd rather not use a KT-5 either, given the choice. Byebye's suggestion of using different memory slots is a good workaround as long as there is at least one team member with the resources...I guess we won't know if there are teams that can't do this until we actually have a consensus of the teams/racers involved.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.04, 05:59 PM   #68
arch2b

revising a stock transmitter setup for each driver might be too much of an ordeal. then were talking each team must have atleast 3 stock transmitters....
Old 2007.03.04, 06:11 PM   #69
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Somehow I think we could dig up enough KT-5s. But again, I'm quite sure (I spoke with him earlier about this) that he didn't mean we should be doing so, it was just a question he had...and one we had not addressed, at that. Considering the response he got, I think it was a good question. I assume once we finalize the rules there will be no limit on the transmitter(s) used.
Old 2007.03.04, 06:16 PM   #70
arch2b

if someone is willing to provide/ensure there are about 18 stock transmitters than i would have no problem with it. oddly enough i don't have any that i would rely on for a competitive race.
Old 2007.03.07, 09:09 PM   #71
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

First of all, it was just an idea. This isn't something I demanded we do. I of coarse do not want to use the stock transmitters, but I thought we were going to be running stock out of the box ready sets and thought it would level out the playing field. But it sounds like its going to be chassis sets instead. I also got a helios with the data expansion that gives it 25 model memory and I wouldn't mind sharing it with others and letting them use a memory slot to personally set the car to their liking but byebye U should know like anybody else who owns a helios its hard enough to understand the manual and set up your own car then U have to try to explain to someone else how they can set up a car on it especially if they never use a helios before. I thought since this is mini z forums and everyone on these forums has bought atleast one ready set that comes with a kt-5 everybody should have one. I got three of them sitting around that I can donate to the race. And I thought it would also make it faster for everyone to set up their own kt-5 to one car rather then using one radio that only one person knows how to use. At this point everyone might as well use their own radio. How this idea, forget racing a stock out of the box racer, everyone should just race their hfay car for this race that way everyone can race a car and the radio that they are comfortable with and their shouldn't be any issues about radios, batteries, etc. I thought this race was about skill on how everyone can drive a stock box racer for an hour. But since WHAT I SAID STRUCK SUCH A CHORD WITH EVERYONE! I apolgize. I'm sorry. I thought forums where a place where people could give opinions and share ideas, but I thought wrong.
TheRinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.07, 10:11 PM   #72
arch2b

guys, why the anger

i had always assumed everyone would use thier own tx. i had thought i would do this race with everyone working from the same choices for cars and option parts but with the ability to make slight changes to suit your teams desire. that was how i described it in the begining and everyone seemed to like the idea. the only reason why it's moved to a readyset/chassis set is due to effeciency of cost and concerns about possibly damaging components during assembly. i had always mentioned providing some level of customization before.

if thats too much of a contentious point, we can ditch that and let the teams provide everything and maybe only have 1 rule, stock electronics as an option?

i certainly did not intend to provoke anyone. this thread is indeed for expressing opinions. i'm i wrong in assuming what i was thinking is not what everyone is comfortable with?

would we be better served by doing a box stock race with the kt-5's? i'm sure we could do this if desired. i'm very open to suggestion as i always try to be.

i'm only doing this to have fun... if this ceases to be fun, it's not worth it to me.

Last edited by arch2b; 2007.03.07 at 10:14 PM.
Old 2007.03.08, 12:55 AM   #73
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRinger
First of all, it was just an idea. This isn't something I demanded we do. I of coarse do not want to use the stock transmitters, but I thought we were going to be running stock out of the box ready sets and thought it would level out the playing field. But it sounds like its going to be chassis sets instead. I also got a helios with the data expansion that gives it 25 model memory and I wouldn't mind sharing it with others and letting them use a memory slot to personally set the car to their liking but byebye U should know like anybody else who owns a helios its hard enough to understand the manual and set up your own car then U have to try to explain to someone else how they can set up a car on it especially if they never use a helios before. I thought since this is mini z forums and everyone on these forums has bought atleast one ready set that comes with a kt-5 everybody should have one. I got three of them sitting around that I can donate to the race. And I thought it would also make it faster for everyone to set up their own kt-5 to one car rather then using one radio that only one person knows how to use. At this point everyone might as well use their own radio. How this idea, forget racing a stock out of the box racer, everyone should just race their hfay car for this race that way everyone can race a car and the radio that they are comfortable with and their shouldn't be any issues about radios, batteries, etc. I thought this race was about skill on how everyone can drive a stock box racer for an hour. But since WHAT I SAID STRUCK SUCH A CHORD WITH EVERYONE! I apolgize. I'm sorry. I thought forums where a place where people could give opinions and share ideas, but I thought wrong.
I didn't read thru every post because you guys are taking this event way out of proportion.

I don't think your transmitter idea strucka chord theringer. Like I said I didn't read the other posts so I wasn't understanding the stock transmitter idea.

Honestly all this stuff about "box stock" and "build that team car in an hour" is not somthing I'm interested in.

I've done this already and it was for 12 hours. I had THE most awesome time ever with my mini-z. Until you've ran an endurance race you just don't know how much all of the rules won't matter after you're on the track racing.

I can tell all of these ideas and rules and changes is stressing everyone out. Why don't you just have a "run what you brung" open class, 2 hours single driver. Start and finish with the same chassis.

Trust me on this guys, you won't know how to prepare until you've completed one. I'm not interested in the race if we don't do it that way. It's for DC GTG fun if it ain't that way, I'm out.

-Byebye
Old 2007.03.08, 12:45 PM   #74
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Damn, this is what I get for not checking the boards for a day.

TheRinger is a bit stressed at the moment, I believe (arch, I think he mentioned one item on his plate last Saturday), so don't it personally, he's just speaking his mind (and you guys complained he was too quiet in the beginning). I think he figured he struck a chord when byebye wrote "And there ain't no way I'm using a stock transmitter!"

Long story short: we're all in this for the fun of it, so the simpler we can keep things, the better. I still like the idea of running teams on stock chassis, if for no other reason than to level the playing field a little and keep the number of cars on the track down. If everyone wants to run for two hours by themselves, I guess I'm game for that too (though I better start practicing now ).

byebye: How long were your driving stints in the enduro you attended? You did use teams there, no? I have to admit, I've never even contemplated staring at a track for two hours straight, much less actually navigating a car around one for that long.
Old 2007.03.08, 01:52 PM   #75
arch2b

i suspected as much

realistically speaking, running it as a box stock is the cheapest thing for me to do and i'm not opossed to the idea. this will require each team to provide the remaining number of transmitters required as only 1 stock radio will be provided for each team.

i will still have some surprises hopefully