Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.04.02, 12:41 AM   #1
yamar6

i guss im the only one with a firelap

my firelap.i guss im the only one with a firelap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fire tires 002.jpg (141.2 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg fire tires 001.jpg (179.1 KB, 108 views)
yamar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 01:00 AM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
You will find that many have had them, but upgraded to Mini-Z's. I have had many Iwaver 01s and a couple 02s, which became Firelap. None of them worked correctly. Allways something with the electronics. Back then, the plastic was very brittle. Plastic has improved, but from what I have seen, electronics are the same.

As a toy to play with in the house, they work fine. To race on a track, you become a spectator with a headache quickly.

If Firelap/Iwaver can pull their act together, I would get another. Although right now, I cant consider it, unless I want to gut it and make it a project car.

I hope your car works well, and wish you the best in racing it. It looks good If looks would win races (not my looks, my cars)... I would be the first loser! I stopped caring about how my cars look, just about how they perform.
Old 2008.04.02, 07:03 AM   #3
Jebroni
Charm City Hustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
You will find that many have had them, but upgraded to Mini-Z's. I have had many Iwaver 01s and a couple 02s, which became Firelap. None of them worked correctly. Allways something with the electronics. Back then, the plastic was very brittle. Plastic has improved, but from what I have seen, electronics are the same.

As a toy to play with in the house, they work fine. To race on a track, you become a spectator with a headache quickly.

If Firelap/Iwaver can pull their act together, I would get another. Although right now, I cant consider it, unless I want to gut it and make it a project car.

I hope your car works well, and wish you the best in racing it. It looks good If looks would win races (not my looks, my cars)... I would be the first loser! I stopped caring about how my cars look, just about how they perform.

I can vouch for Emu's statement. I met him in PA a month ago and his cars are a work of art, and he is the most knowledgeable person I have met. With that in mind, get yourself a Z, but lock your doors tight, lol. About him saying he doesn't care about looks, he had all his cars in 3 duffle bags, and used a potato chip as a front windshield for his mod car....... ok, just kidding about the chip thing, but still, this guy knows his s#^t
Jebroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 09:48 AM   #4
yamar6

thanks, i bought it to see if i like it.if the car is junk. i was going to put a 2.4 but to much money.Im going with a atomic board i found them around 50.00. there getting good feedback.i think the plastic will hold up.
Old 2008.04.02, 09:50 AM   #5
yamar6

EMU 1 Q.i have a mini z boat with FM.can i put that in the firelap or it won't work.or just go with the atomic electronics.
Quote:

Old 2008.04.02, 11:47 AM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I have never even seen a boat in person... I think that if you can fit the boats electronics into the chassis, it should work. You may have to make some wiring adjustments... I would stick with the car PCBs personally.
Old 2008.04.02, 02:39 PM   #7
yamar6

did you ever try the new atomic board.
Quote:
I have never even seen a boat in person... I think that if you can fit the boats electronics into the chassis, it should work. You may have to make some wiring adjustments... I would stick with the car PCBs personally.
Old 2008.04.02, 04:28 PM   #8
neweraz84

interested in selling ur firelap? lol jus curious
neweraz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 06:30 PM   #9
yamar6

how much.it's never been used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraz84 View Post
interested in selling ur firelap? lol jus curious
Old 2008.04.02, 07:37 PM   #10
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Ive got a Firelap Im taking on as a project. All the soldering to the board has been redone (its never good) and the FETs have been replaced with 4562s. So far I havent been able to run it much. Ive got one of the new porsche 962s and the tires dont hook up good enough to race. Im going to be switching it over the a different body and giving it a chance on the track.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 08:36 PM   #11
yamar6

im going to the track friday see how it goes.i found toyeast is selling the 2.4 radio and board for 135.00.thats not bad if the plastic holds up i might do that.i thought it would be alot more money.someone asked if i would sell it i don't know i realy like to get back into racing.where do you race.plus resoldering did that help any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
Ive got a Firelap Im taking on as a project. All the soldering to the board has been redone (its never good) and the FETs have been replaced with 4562s. So far I havent been able to run it much. Ive got one of the new porsche 962s and the tires dont hook up good enough to race. Im going to be switching it over the a different body and giving it a chance on the track.
Old 2008.04.03, 06:53 AM   #12
hrdrvr
MBMZR

A few of the guys at my office are into Zs too, so we built a track room and track out back Its a cool set up. I think Ill get a thread started in the track section later today showing some pics.

All the soldering helped a lot. It is a lot less glitchy now. Also Ive owned 2 Iwaivers and now 2 Firelaps, and all of them have had power problems (car shutting down on small impacts) or the steering will just go out. This new FireLap that is totally reslodered doesnt seem to have those problems right now. As I track test it more, Ill know if it can hold up.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.03, 01:48 PM   #13
neweraz84

Give me a price. I would like to get one for great deal.
neweraz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.03, 04:43 PM   #14
yamar6

i just got back from the hobby store and bought a bunch of stuff for it.toyeast has them for 45.00 they only have the blue F4 like mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraz84 View Post
Give me a price. I would like to get one for great deal.
Old 2008.04.03, 05:05 PM   #15
yamar6

can the firelap board handle a speedy practice mod. motor with stock fets