Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Off-Topic

Old 2005.01.20, 02:22 PM   #1
46u

This really stinks Futaba 2PL!!!!!!!!!!

I just received my Futaba 2PL transmitter and was so glade I would be able to program 10 of my 16 RC trucks and cars into it where I did not have to keep changing my settings every time I switched vehicles. I started by programming my 5 F1 Mini-Zís and all was going fine. Since I can only put 10 in I was going to program my favorite 10 the ones I run the most. Then I went to program my nitro HPI Rush and nitro MT Racer, which have Airtronics receivers in them. Both the Futaba 2PL and the Airtronics receivers are 27 MHz but for some reason are not compatible even with the corresponding crystals in them!!!!!!!!!! THIS S$$KS BIG TIME. Is anyone aware of this and if so why will they not work together? What other receivers with work with the Futaba 2PL other then Futaba and does any one know any way to make it work with out changing receivers? To use the Futaba receiver I would have to change servos or change the plugs where they plug in to the receiver. THIS REALLY S$$KS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!
Old 2005.01.20, 02:37 PM   #2
byebye

-this is a little off topic but do you use just one frequency for all cars? I'll do a search.
Thanks
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.20, 02:55 PM   #3
46u

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
-this is a little off topic but do you use just one frequency for all cars? I'll do a search.
Thanks
Not quite sure what you are talking about frequency if you mean the 27 MHz or if you mean the crystals? Every thing I am trying is 27 MHz and I make sure that the crystals match and are for 27 MHz. I do have some 75 MHz and I know they will not work anything 27 MHz. All so this is off topic I thought, as it does have to do with not just Mini Zís? If I posted this in the wrong place correct me please.
Old 2005.01.20, 03:13 PM   #4
byebye

LOL my question was "off topic", but on subject. Just Curious about tx because I am still debating between 2pl and Iwaver tx. Been reading that they are the same or similar. My question about crystals was you have to have both tx and rx xtals right? Like xtal 1 for tx and xtal 1 for car but the memory is the stting for that car, not that crystal? So if I use say xtal number 2 instead of originally number xtal number 1 the memory setting doesn't care about xtal number. This is why my question is off topic. Sorry I've read alot but haven't seen any definitive reivews. Thanks for your help.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.20, 03:20 PM   #5
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

2PL blues

46U

LOL! I recall reading this elsewhere

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.20, 03:30 PM   #6
46u

I have no problem with it working with my Mini-Zís. If you are asking can you change the crystal and as long as they are the same in the car and TX will it work the answer is yes. Other words I have 5 Mini-Zís (I have 9) with 5 different crystals and when I want to change cars I just change the crystal in the TX to the corresponding one in the car. Hope this answers your question? If not let me know. I just received a reply from Futaba and as us awhile in this day and age all I received is a bull sh&t automated response that does not help a bit!!!!!!! What I do not understand you would think any 27 MHz AM TX would work with any 27 MHz AM receiver with corresponding crystals!
Old 2005.01.20, 03:36 PM   #7
46u

Why does my Futaba work with my Mini-Z but not with my Airtronics receiver? But my Mini-Z TX works with both?
Old 2005.01.20, 04:49 PM   #8
46u

Read the reply for the form web site RC Universe web site form from the section where you ask for support on Futaba products and what my reply was and this will give you a good idea what Futaba thinks about the user. I posted the same thing as is on this site. I thought these forms where for to talk about things and they delete my post as I guess they do not believe in freedom of speech! I do not think you can count my original post as argumentative but was just asking why and for help! They never did and will not answer the question why does my Futaba work with my Mini-Z but not with my Airtronics receiver? But my Mini-Z TX works with both? Sounds fishy to me or does their explanation not hold water?! Looks to me they want to get you buy hook or crook and then make it where you do not have a choice! What do you think?

(The email they sent me)

You're post was deleted as being argumentative.

There is a duplicate email to Product Support that explains to you the different shifts between Futaba and Airtronics and why they do not work, nor are they advertised to work together, this is a well known fact in the RC world that you cannot mix the two together.

We are sorry that you feel you have received bad service, but will not allow "flaming" on our own support forum.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician

(My Reply)

You are right Futaba does not say it will work with other brands but is sure does not say it will not so this is very misleading as they know it will and it should tell you it will not work with other brands in there listings! Why does my Futaba work with my Mini-Z but not with my Airtronics receiver? But my Mini-Z TX works with both? This goes against what you say is true and I have this posted on about 10 other RC sites so deleting this one post does not mean a thing! Sure sounds like some one is misleading!! We live in the USA where a person has the right of speech but it seems Futaba feels different about this! Will go ahead and send it back and tell all how Futaba does business!
Have a nice day
Jeff
Old 2005.01.20, 04:56 PM   #9
michvin

i've read some posts that said that Futaba has some issues with non-Futaba crystals. Try using Futaba's Rx crystal in the Airtr. Rx.
Old 2005.01.20, 05:09 PM   #10
46u

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
i've read some posts that said that Futaba has some issues with non-Futaba crystals. Try using Futaba's Rx crystal in the Airtr. Rx.
Thanks but I know about the crystal issue and tried using thereís in both the TX and receiver. It still does not work. They never would and looks like they never well or they just do not why my Mini-Z TX works with both but thereís only works with my Mini-Zís! Seems like if there so called explanation was fact then the Mini-Z TX would not work with both or are the trying to get you to run nothing but there radio Products? To me it looks like it by not telling a lie but not offering the whole truth. I will keep it form my Mini-Zís but I will never buy another Futaba product
Old 2005.01.20, 05:15 PM   #11
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u
Thanks but I know about the crystal issue and tried using thereís in both the TX and receiver. It still does not work. They never would and looks like they never well or they just do not why my Mini-Z TX works with both but thereís only works with my Mini-Zís! Seems like if there so called explanation was fact then the Mini-Z TX would not work with both or are the trying to get you to run nothing but there radio Products? To me it looks like it by not telling a lie but not offering the whole truth. I will keep it form my Mini-Zís but I will never buy another Futaba product
it's very strange what you're telling... can you return the Tx or replace it? Which radio you was using with your airtronics cars before?
Old 2005.01.20, 06:09 PM   #12
46u

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
it's very strange what you're telling... can you return the Tx or replace it? Which radio you was using with your airtronics cars before?
I mostly was using the ones that came with my Mini-Zís as I like them better but I do have a cheap Airtronics that came with my RTR HPI nitro Rush. I am like you why would one TX operate both and one only operate the Zís? Evidently Futaba does not know as they sure will not say but what I think it is they do not know! But like I said this puts a hole in there so called explanation.

One other thing about the 2PL it comes with foam over the steering wheel and if you are not careful it will get pushed against and touch the TX and not let the wheels go back to center. But this is no big deal.
Old 2005.01.20, 06:13 PM   #13
ruf
4play

There is such a thing as positive and negative shift in radio technology but not in the 27mHz band. In 75mHz you cannot use some brands with others as they use different shifts. And yes you are being a little bitchy. Calm down and things will get solved faster.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.20, 06:31 PM   #14
46u

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruf
There is such a thing as positive and negative shift in radio technology but not in the 27mHz band. In 75mHz you cannot use some brands with others as they use different shifts. And yes you are being a little bitchy. Calm down and things will get solved faster.

Each to there own and I thought we live in the great USA where we have the right to express our opinion? I asked Futaba a question and evidently from what you say it cannot be true and yes I think that is bad business. Sorry you think I am bitchy but I just tell it like I see it. I am not the one that started casting stones against users of this form.
Old 2005.01.20, 07:11 PM   #15
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

Futaba transmitters are not compatible with Airtronics receivers, at least in the 75mhz FM area.

I beleive you are talking about 27 mhz AM transmitter and I thought that airtronics had only the 27 mhz FM receivers.............but checking their site, they do indeed offer the 27 mhz AM receivers, but listed as new...........

Confirm that both the transmitter and receivers are either AM or FM would be a start.