Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.04.14, 07:47 PM   #1
Xracer

radioshack xmods racing tour new info

I just noticed radioshack posted some new info on the racing tour in june at xmodsrc.com. It looks like there going to give a real car to the winer. I am pumped, I have been waiting for this for awile. Is anyone here going to race in the tornament.

The Stop. Drop. Race! Tour is picking up some serious speed! The two, real, tricked-out XMODS Cadillac Escalades are rolling across the country, bringing wicked XMODS speed and mad XMODS style to your town (or a town near you)!

The XMODS Escalades are fully outfitted with a bangin' sound system, playing some phat tunes while they cruise around town looking for places to drop down the tailgate, and let you test drive hot, XMODS Custom RC cars.

This is your chance to get a close-up look at XMODS Custom RCs in extreme action! The Stop. Drop. Race! Street Team will also demo some sweet upgrades and mods you can do on your own XMODS Custom RC.

Don't miss the action! The Stop. Drop. Race! Tour is making appearances at hot spots and hot events across the country. Check the schedule to get the specs on upcoming stops.

The two S.D.R! Street Teams will join forces with the official XMODS Racing League (XRL) in June, when the 2004 XRL NATIONAL TOURNAMENT launches in Dallas, TX.

The 2004 XRL National Tournament will visit 10 cities this summer, offering to regional winners the chance at the title of 2004 XMODS National Champion and the grand prize - a hot 2004 Acura® NSX! You'll be able to register for regional tournaments right here, online, starting in early June. Official Rules for the Tournament will also be available here online at that time. There will also be a limited number of registrations available at each event, but all will be first come, first served, so we suggest you register ahead of time!

If tournaments aren't your style, or you don't already have your own XMODS Custom RC to compete, but still want to check out all the Stop. Drop. Race! action at one of the 10 summer events, the Stop. Drop. Race! crew will have all kinds of kickin' activities to check out. Look here for more details in May.

The 2004 XRL National Tournament is coming up quick, so get on the stick and start training and tuning your XMODS Custom RC and pumping up your racing skills.
Xracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.14, 08:27 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i would hope this kind of publicity would amp up kyosho's lack of support or interest in their own cup series
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.14, 11:23 PM   #3
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer
...offering to regional winners the chance at the title of 2004 XMODS National Champion and the grand prize - a hot 2004 Acura® NSX! ...
Kyosho will never do something like this. That's right Kyosho, call my bluff, I'm taunting you!

"I fart in your general direction."
-Monty Python
Old 2004.04.14, 11:29 PM   #4
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Mifune
"I fart in your general direction."
-Monty Python
"You and your Knnnnn-ig-hts."
I love that movie, classic.

Last edited by HammerZ; 2004.04.14 at 11:45 PM.
HammerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.15, 05:10 PM   #5
R33E8

Anybody going to one with their mini-z? Hehe..
Old 2004.04.15, 08:21 PM   #6
mini-z
Administrator

I'm wondering if the whole thing is actually a scam. They allegedly had a stop on Main St. in Ann Arbor. Our office is right in the middle of Main St., and we didn't see anything. No one on TRC has attended one, even though plenty of people have tried, but were unable to find the actual event...
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.15, 08:52 PM   #7
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
from what I saw on the schedule, most of the events were like 5-10 minutes max... with one near by location that lasted a hour or few...

they most likely just said they stopped by, while they went to eat on "company" time lol...
Old 2004.04.16, 07:29 AM   #8
mini-z
Administrator

5-10 minutes?! What the ?!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.16, 09:54 AM   #9
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

5-10 minute visit? Aren't the stores promoting the event schedule? and each Escalade is supposed to have an RCP Wide-L.
Old 2004.04.16, 02:28 PM   #10
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
from what I gather, they had ONE location, then went to other radio shacks to recruit racers lol... and thats probly ONLY if there was no one at the primary location.. I think "Farmers Market" whatever/whereever that is was the primary Royal Oak MI location...
Old 2004.04.29, 09:35 AM   #11
Xracer

man this is getting better every day. check this out that I noticed posted at the xmodsrc.com site.

The XMODS Racing League (XRL) joins the tour in June for a nation-wide RC racing tournament, offering a chance at the title of XRL National Champion and the grand prize, a real, tricked-out Acura NSX, valued at up to $250,000. The tour is coming to Dallas, TX; Westfield, MA; Naperville, IL; Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; New York City, NY; Jupiter, FL; St. Louis, MO and Atlanta, GA. You can register for the competition online at www.xmodsrc.com/stopdroprace/ starting in June.
Xracer is offline   Reply With Quote