Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.11.30, 06:17 PM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Mifune
Where's the love, Drac?
he's got his own tile track going....
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.30, 06:22 PM   #17
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Blew, Spend, Dish Out, whatever you want to say, then say it...
I do not refer this to be "Wasted" if thats how you read it...

I am not comparing them to anything... the price is just too high regardless of what it is, for the average Z owner, as of late its more and more kids upgrading from bitcharges, zip zaps etc...

Ken Mifune: "Where's the love, Drac?"

Hu? You say this why?

Was the fact that it costs $600 for 3 tracks a secret or something? If I am not mistaken he him self said it was 200$ for one I was just adding things together... my point? the vast majority of Mini-Z owners are kids they likely could hardly afford the Mini-Z let alone spend $200-$600 on a track...

$50-$150 would more likely be what they expect to pay for a track...

Last edited by Draconious; 2003.11.30 at 06:26 PM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.30, 06:27 PM   #18
arch2b

a vaild point....thus my many questions regarding pricing. i was hoping this would be the break the average z owner needed to get a chance to race on a professional track. sort of the common ground for the newbies and experienced alike... at the retail pricing however, it's about as affordable as a new rtr for most... don't get me wrong, from what i've heard and seen of the tracks, they are top notch. i'll end up getting one at some point too, just not as soon or as many as i had hoped. i do know an oval will not hold my attention for more than 5 min's though
Old 2003.11.30, 06:33 PM   #19
Draconious

Only because I do not wish to spend $800-$1000 for the size track I wish to make, and the track will be my own, not a production track... like the RCP... The RCP track also does not yet allow the type of track I want... although he is working on them he does not have 45 degree parts and other size turns available yet...
Old 2003.11.30, 07:04 PM   #20
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

I'll agree with Drac on this. The price is too high for the average Z owner, it's really more of an investment for a hobby shop to make. I'm spending less than $100 to cover my elevated 8' X 16' track with foam tiles, and that's with painting and glueing barriers to them. Add that to what I spent to make the platform in the first place and I've already spent way more than I wanted to. No way I could spend $400-600, and that track wouldn't fit on my platform anyways. Don't get me wrong though. It's a great looking track and from everything I've read about it, it's a great track to run on, and if I could afford one I'd buy one.

I have to disagree with one thing you said Drac. I don't beleive the majority of Z owners are kids. I only know one juvenile that owns a Z, everyone else I know that has a Z or OL is an adult.

David
davkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.30, 09:10 PM   #21
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

Quote:
Originally posted by arch2b
Yes, I have known this for quite a while but there's no need to be over-competitive to the point of sounding brash and insulting.
And as a moderator he should choose his words more carefully.
Old 2003.11.30, 09:58 PM   #22
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

wide L track

For a area of about 20'x12' .How many wide L tracks would i need? Thanks.
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.30, 10:06 PM   #23
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

The Wide L is approx. 10'x 13' but you can add tiles to suit your needs.
Old 2003.12.01, 05:07 AM   #24
Donut

The RCP-Track looks really great and would be perfect for our hobby shop here but...must agree with some... ...beyond our budget...and I'm not even a kid (with a zipzap) anymore...wahhh!
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.01, 07:14 AM   #25
efsee
CMZ El Salvador

I don’t know how things work at the LHS you guys’ race, but at our LHS, we were content that the owner provided us with free space. Then we got together 15 racers that were willing to have a decent track to race at, and we each put down $50.00 to build the track. Now, we have a free track to race at, and those who didn’t put down the initial investment must pay a daily or monthly fee to use the track. I think this is a fair deal for the LHS owner. I’m sure that if at the time we built the track we would have had the option of the RCP Track, we would have bought a few sets instead, and as I mentioned earlier, have the flexibility to change the track layout, which is an option we don’t have right now.

Also, I think that most of us posting on this thread have at least 2 Mini-Z’s if not more, and have probably invested a lot of money on them. Then, why wouldn’t we be willing to spend $200 or $600 on a professional track to run our Mini-Z’. The other cool thing is, you can get together with another friend or two, and each buy one track so later you can put them all together.

OK, I admit the RCP Tracks are not cheap, but looking at the product you can see they are top quality. And maybe not everybody will be able to afford one, but at least for those willing, there is finally a very good option…just my 2 cents.
efsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.01, 08:03 AM   #26
arch2b

Quote:
Originally posted by efsee
...Also, I think that most of us posting on this thread have at least 2 Mini-Z’s if not more, and have probably invested a lot of money on them. Then, why wouldn’t we be willing to spend $200 or $600 on a professional track to run our Mini-Z’. The other cool thing is, you can get together with another friend or two, and each buy one track so later you can put them all together.
well, i can explain...i've had to plead and be very nice to the misses to get what i do have and to double or triple the investment is just out of the question. sure i've spent alot on my z's but it's also been a process covering almost 2 years. by the time i save for 2 years to spend that much on a decent track, i have no doubt the next best thing will be available from rcp, which will likely and rightly so, cost more

Quote:
...OK, I admit the RCP Tracks are not cheap, but looking at the product you can see they are top quality. And maybe not everybody will be able to afford one, but at least for those willing, there is finally a very good option…just my 2 cents.
i completely agree with you on this. rcp's tracks look to be the best thing available that is also mass produced as a ready set so to speak. i still think it's out of the average person's price range though....i mean if each track were bumped down to the previous tracks price....it would still be expensive but more bang for the buck. an small oval for over one hundred bucks is good for bits and other micro rc's but will have you banging you head against a wall using z's or xmods.

my opinion in no way is ment to disparage rcp or his tracks. he has been nothing but gracious to this community and the tracks appear to be great.
my opinion was this, these tracks had the opportunity to provide ALL (or a larger percentage of) racers the chance to own and race on a PROFESSIONAL track. this, in my opinion is a big deal because it level's the playing field so to speak. i am in no way blaming rcp...actual cost alone may have prevented this from being a possibility for all i know
Old 2003.12.01, 08:47 AM   #27
Draconious

Ken: Yes, I have known this for quite a while but there's no need to be over-competitive to the point of sounding brash and insulting.
And as a moderator he should choose his words more carefully.

Ken, you seem to think that I plan to mass produce a track like RCP... well I dont. There was a time I was considering it, but for the last year, since RCP posted he was going to sell a track, I abandoned it... if I even concider it again, it would only be because of his prices... My priority is not to make the money, its to get ppl a track, and hopefuly make money while doing it... so from that point of view im definatly going to think it costs too much...

I have been emailing RCP a lot, since he poked his head into the forum with that bridge track etc... wich just happen to be useing the foam tiles I was going to use, it confirmed that they were useable for a track, so I started focusing on the tiles again, instead of using my dads crude wood shop to make wooden track sections...

At first he was very helpful but either he thought I was more of an employee of this site (he said he knew i had my own site) or changed his mind, but he was going to "send me a track and see if I could sell it on my site"... but I guess some were along the line he thought when I said "my track" I was trying to compete with him or something...

When I say my track, I mean "MY one track that I will build for my self to run my Z on", not "my track that I plan to sell 100s of"...

When he quoted that a track would cost just under the cost of a new F1, to me that meant just under 100$... but I forget the real price of an F1 is $150... and I was assuming it would be more than an oval... since no one realy wants to just go in circles, heck I can stick a broom on the floor and drive around that lol...

I like the RCP track, weather I have driving on it or not... I am not bashing it... if you can afford it, by all means go buy one. If I got a free track, or won one in the contest I too would be praising it left and right... but I would still be complaining about the price...

And ok maybe not the majority but there are a LOT of kids, and a lot of college ppl, and a lot of ppl that just are not THAT financialy into this hobby...

Last edited by Draconious; 2003.12.01 at 08:50 AM.
Draconious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.12.01, 08:52 AM   #28
arch2b

ok, before this gets out of hand and way off "track" the point has been made.

this is and should get back to track reviews anyone else lucky enough to get one, please chime in....
Old 2003.12.01, 10:59 AM   #29
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Any time something new comes out the price is going to be high. I think the maker has to try to make back the development costs and see how the product would do in the market. I would buy one of these tracks but right now money is tight for one thing, and another thing I would wait to see if it becomes a standard if the expansion packs are around the corner. Maybe later the price may be more agreeable with the "average joe" who wants a track for himself.
Old 2003.12.01, 01:29 PM   #30
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

via email RCP has told me that any upgrades and expansions will work with his previous sets. His plans are to add 45 degree turns, larger radius turns...
He is also working on developing a tasteful banked turn. Nothing outrageously steep so the F1s don't get hung up.
All cross-compatible.