Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.03.20, 05:51 AM   #46
dog
sit! stay!

warning... long whine follows:

Quote:
[look of frustration] i posted this awhile ago... a banner ad suggesting newb's to try searching first would be nice
mr. 2b,
as a relative newbie i can say that the search thing can be really frustrating... typically you get a lot of hits from really long threads... it's hard to pick out what you want to know (especially if you don't speak minizese)... also, the site organization is not intuitive for first timers...

i would think that it would best serve Mini-Z and and forum to make the site very user friendly to new folks...

things like the forum threads and galleries have become so large that it is hard for someone who has never been here before (or even someone who has like me) to find what your looking for... i remember having a hard time doing a search of the forums the first time... i hit the first search button i saw and kept going to the shop, for instance... that was just the beggining...

here's some thing that would help:

1) a picture glossary of terms. (i don't know what a shock stay is?!?... try and figure it out from a search)

2) break up some of the forums, like the Overland Forum... too much info...

3) folks who visit often know where stuff is and how things work... put yourself in the place of someone coming here for the first time... it's intimidating... i've seen newbies ask questions and get a terse, "do a seach..." answer... not real welcoming...

maybe a big button with a title of "first timers look here for help" that introduces them to the site with very brief how tos with hot links...

Bottom line: put yourself in the position of someone who has never been here before who is considering a mini-z but is also looking at other micros and look at the site... from that point of view... it's inimidating...

sorry for the long whine...
Old 2004.03.20, 10:37 AM   #47
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
off topic again

not a wine at all...very enlightening. thank you for your comments.

i too was a noob at one point... when i first stumbled across this fine place, i spent about 3 weeks reading as much of the existing threads in every categoery i could so that i would have a better idea of what it's all about before i posted. so, yes, there should be an easier way.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.23, 01:52 PM   #48
adambam
Mini-Zaholic

here's an idea - how 'bout a 'custom lab' where you can select your model of mini-z then view it as it would look with different wheels/body/upgrade combinations?
Also, taking it further, If you designed & released custom 'vinyl' decal packs with tuner names, stripes etc you could view these as they would look on your car.
anyone who's played need-for-speed-underground on ps2/xbox will be familiar with the whole idea (& its addictive!)

ps anyone who hasnt its worth gettin just to get ideas of what you could do to a 'Z'
adambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.23, 03:01 PM   #49
Evo

Im not sure if this is what dog suggested.

My suggestion is a picture where you can pick fx. the shocks and then see the shocks avaliable from kyosho/GPM or maybe the store and with a little note which is going to say why that exact shock is good, and what it is good for. (The lowdown shock set for the overland and monster is good for the racetrack bla bla bla..)

like this:
http://www.racetin.dk/guides.htm

click on some of the "words" around the skyline.
The words means chassis, steering, whell/rims and so on..

Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.25, 06:47 PM   #50
dog
sit! stay!

Evo,

thanks, that's pretty much kinda like what i was thinkin'... i just don't know the right terms for all the parts so if we could "mouse over" a part on a pic of a chassis and have it link to all the parts and hopups for that part it would be great... a little java script and voila!
Old 2004.05.14, 07:14 PM   #51
dog
sit! stay!

mini z-

btw - who won?
Old 2004.06.10, 11:33 PM   #52
Akira_kj

More Product pictures and Ablility for High level Users to Rate/Reveiw/post pictures of said products in real life use. =]
Love the site. Keep up the Great Work.
Akira_kj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.19, 07:16 PM   #53
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
This is for the parts album, the Kyosho parts album. Separate the stock replacement parts from the hop up parts. And if possable to link some to other chassis that use the same parts, like servo gears, motors, and such. Also a brief description of parts and whats included in that set.
Old 2004.06.19, 07:43 PM   #54
USATorque55

Send a message via AIM to USATorque55
heres my 2cents

Whenever i go to a new forum, the first thing i look for are tutorials or new ideas.

So I would suggest a Tips Mods forum. Where all qeustions are deleted but every thread is a tutorial or mod done to a car w/ a sort of walk through.

like bitpimps...

so a newbie could come to the main page and scroll around looking for different things. they could find a lift kit for an OL, or an internal antenna mod for a racer...just in general the easier the information is displayed, the more inviting it is for people.

also people are more willing to create a thread w/ a tutorial then a gallery since they know how to make a topic, and everyhting is right infront of them. its simple and just helps everyone.
USATorque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.07.23, 12:16 AM   #55
Maximus

Hello...Mini-Z...you there who won the contest?
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote