Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.10.30, 01:02 PM   #61
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Just heard from the photographer. To much sun light. Pictures washed out with glare. Have to wait for the weekend for the painted shots.

My apologies.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.30, 06:18 PM   #62
imxlr8ed

Ok... 99.9% sure I'll be there now! Just booked my room, but the Embassy was packed so I ended up at the Comfort across the way. Now I'm trying to find the scenic way there and Mapquest is telling me I can cut about a half hour by going down through Delaware instead of heading around DC... any pitfalls I should know about if I go the DE route? I'd basically be going through the Chesapeake Bay bridge/tunnel, then cutting North along 64.

I'm going this route because when we go to Blue Diamond racetrack down that way, it's a heck of alot faster in the early AM... and I plan to trim an extra 45 minutes from the Mapquest time quote.

Also... I can bring my Core, some track and a screen projector if needed. I plan to get there around 10am on Sat. morning and roll-out at closing on Sunday night. LMK

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2008.10.30 at 06:22 PM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.30, 08:20 PM   #63
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Ed, Bring what you would like. We have a complete back up system. The one I got from the Gasman and the computer he helped me set up. The overhead deal sounds interesting though. I am finally going to learn something about the system. We have the necessary track for the layout but some additional inside pieces would be outstanding. There are a couple of areas that might enjoy being widened. I'll PM you a cell phone number so you can touch base when you get close. A little help schlepping things in can be arranged.

I will actually have the schedule up tomorrow right after lunch so stay tuned.
Old 2008.10.31, 08:24 AM   #64
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Only pitfalls I can think of re: the CBBT is the $10 toll each way, and the copious amount of deer on the eastern shore. Drive carefully!
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.31, 09:05 AM   #65
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Compared to the carnage that is I-95 between DC and Richmond What is twenty bucks.

There was once an armed conflict that took place across that same strip of ground. After having traversed that stretch frequently over a seven year span it seems that the conflict continues.
Old 2008.10.31, 09:08 AM   #66
imxlr8ed

Got your PM, replied... I'll bring the extra track and the other stuff just in case.

Kinda pricey for a long drive over and under the water... might have to re-think the route!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.31, 09:56 AM   #67
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

You sir, are truly a gentleman and a scholar. I on the other hand have been known to be a poor judge of character.
Old 2008.10.31, 02:18 PM   #68
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

We are going to be running multiple events at the same time during part of Saturday but for the most part it won't interfere with the part of the event that we are all coming for.

The amatuer portion will be taking place on it's own up until 12:00 on Saturday. That portion of the track will be open to the Pro's at the same time but giving priority to the AM's. At !:00 the whole track opens for Pro practice for one hour. Then it will go back to the AM's for an hour Then back to the Pro's. We will work back and forth between groups until 5:00. There will be a dinner break and at 6:00 we will start Pro qualifying and run two complete rounds. Time allowing we will run a third round then secure for the evening

On Sunday morning we will start at 9:00 with a 30 minute final practice then hand out the Amatuer awards and start the Pro mains. Hopefully this will be by 10:00. We are hoping for 3 mains in each group with 10 minute mains.That's 90 minutes a round plus the time between races and rounds that puts us completed at nearly 3:00 without a lunch break. I haven't confirmed it yet but I believe the Convention ends at 3:00. We would like to be done with the Pro awards handed out with everything and everybody packed up by that time.

There may be additional practice time on Saturday depending on what the AM's are doing other than racing. After all it is an Anime convention. We may gain time on the mains if the turn out is less than expected. Don't party to much on Saturday night just in case of an earlier start.

In previous posts there has been a picture of the track and a mention of prize providers as well the rule. Yes, there is only one. Have fun. See everybody there. Stay tuned, there could be more information posted if it comes up. In the mean time go ahead and post pictures of the creations that you plan to spring on the rest of us.
Old 2008.10.31, 05:02 PM   #69
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

I've got a picture of my own MA010 and the three AM demo cars. Nothing fancy

Old 2008.11.01, 06:54 PM   #70
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Here are my entries for the event. Go Team High Speed! Sorry, this is my very first photo attachment and I can hardly believe I got this far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (487.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (485.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (484.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (491.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (498.3 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by mleemor60; 2008.11.01 at 06:56 PM.
Old 2008.11.01, 07:08 PM   #71
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
all i have are my regualr cars, c5-r, vodafone benz, merc f1, mazda lemans, gi joe mini-van.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.02, 07:04 PM   #72
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

By this time next Sunday we will all be on our way home from Nekocon 11.
While it is still 5 days away and the excitement is building I am comfortable in saying the event will be an unqualified success. Everything has come together nicely and I want to thank everybody for their efforts in advance. We have gotten real nice prize packages from Both PN an Reflex with additional gifts from Joe Gibb's Racing. The only thing left to do is pack up and make the trip.

I would still like to see more input from those that are planning on attending. Let's get those names posted with some teaser photo's of what you are planning to unveil on the other unsuspecting racers.

See everybody there.
Old 2008.11.03, 07:47 AM   #73
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Since you are just looking for teasers, Ill bite

This is my ASC class car. Its the same shell I ran on my stock AWD up in PA at the PNWC. Its got a lot different things going on under the hood than what went on up there though

Since its only a teaser, Ill let your mind wander on whats under it

My F1 looks boring. It is the same exact car/set up I ran at the PNWC. Heres a pic anyway.

Pan is a little secret Ill have to hold photos until after the event, lol. Just so you guys know, yasuji hooked me up with some of the goods Ill be racing BTW, Thanks Grant!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.03, 11:40 AM   #74
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Well, Arch, October's results haven't been posted yet but so far you and I are tied in the HFAY Racer standings. Maybe we'll have to do some head-to-head action at the con.
Old 2008.11.03, 03:13 PM   #75
SoundWave2501

Send a message via ICQ to SoundWave2501 Send a message via AIM to SoundWave2501
Hey all,
Its been way too long since I have been on the forums. Grad school will do that to you I guess. No time for much else. Anyway I am super excited about all the people showing up for this. Been getting the general prep done today, rounding up track and ordering spare parts and what not. I havent raced in a while but when I have I havent been too awful so hopefully I will be able to be less of a speed bump on the pro track this year. Arch, it will be good to see you and spoon again. Any word on Byebye? Were we able to convince him to come out or is he on deploy/ duty? Anyway, great to see the enthusiasm and turn out. You guys are awesome. See you there!

-Mike
"I aint sayin I wouldnt go fishin with the man, but if I see him, Im puttin'im in the wall."
SoundWave2501 is offline   Reply With Quote