Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.09.27, 03:52 PM   #1
briankstan

Exclamation Calling All Clubs, How Fast Are you?

This is a call out to all the clubs that aren't already competing in the How Fast Are you Online Points Series (HFAY OLPS)

We know you are out there.....the NY group (Sai, EMU, Magic, Michivin), the Houston group (MadF1man, and your club), MotorFX, the Washington group (bolter, and friends), A few groups from Canada (looking forward to one joining up shortly )

I know there are some fast guys out ther competing in various different Events and Running in several different clubs around the country.

We Want You !

Where else for the small cost of $10 per club can you show what you've got and put the smackdown on some of the top drivers around.

Think you're the Best Around? maybe good enough to crack the top 10?

Come join in on the most exciting Point Series around and show us what you can do with you driving and tuning skills. Who knows maybe you will be the one to take home 1 of the prizes... these include a wide L RCP track, a Mini-Z RTR, or a Autoscale body. Not to mention the bragging rights that no one could deny..

this is the only place that you are going to get to pit your skills against those across the country and around the world every month. not to mention against other Mini-Z's, Iwavers and Xmods.

Can you be the Ultimate 1/28th Scale Champion? Yes!! Prove it!!

www.howfastareyou.com
We race the world, Do you?
Old 2006.09.27, 04:24 PM   #2
imxlr8ed

Yes... we here at DOW agree... we know the NYC racers are fast, been waiting for them to get on board ! And the Houston crew seems to be another one to watch out for as well.

So... the more, the merrier ! What are you guys waiting for ?!?!

Also... anyone know how to get in touch with some clubs over the Pacific ?... been trying for some time now and it would seem that the language barrier is a tough thing to get over.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2006.09.27 at 04:27 PM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.27, 04:47 PM   #3
CristianTabush

THe Houston club is not just another club to watch in - WE ARE the Club to watch. hahahahaha. 2 out of 3 Last year at the PN cup and I have a feeling we might take even more hardware this year.

Seriously, we have talked about it w/ Trey, but your layouts are simply too small. We race 18th scale touring every weekend and the tracks get a little too tight for the bigger cars. The other thing is our club is not permanent and we only get together every other week, so that complicates it even further. We are working on something though.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.27, 05:57 PM   #4
imxlr8ed

We setup the HFAY track for the races, then add the rest onto it when we are done with the mains... really doesn't take that much effort.

I thought that was a shop that was open all hours ?

Who would be the Judge nominee for your club ?

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2006.09.27, 06:01 PM   #5
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush
THe Houston club is not just another club to watch in - WE ARE the Club to watch. hahahahaha. 2 out of 3 Last year at the PN cup and I have a feeling we might take even more hardware this year.

Seriously, we have talked about it w/ Trey, but your layouts are simply too small. We race 18th scale touring every weekend and the tracks get a little too tight for the bigger cars. The other thing is our club is not permanent and we only get together every other week, so that complicates it even further. We are working on something though.
I don't buy it... with the 9 tracks that you guys have and the space that you are using you could easily pull it off. And saying you are the best is one thing. A very limited # of racers attend the World and can afford to travel around the country to race. Plus it's just one race, Can you guys do it over a 6 month period....or are you saying that you're just to spoiled running the large tracks that you can't compete against others that can't afford it and don't have the advantages that you guys do.

Hope I hit some nerves...

Come on, take it as a challenge.

Last edited by briankstan; 2006.09.27 at 06:03 PM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.27, 06:02 PM   #6
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
I don't buy it... with the 9 tracks that you guys have and the space that you are using you could easily pull it off. And saying you are the best is one thing. A very limited # of racers attend the World and can afford to travel around the country to race. Plus it's just one race, Can you guys do it over a 6 month period....or are you saying that you're just to spoiled running the large tracks that you can't compete against others that can't afford it and don't have the advantages that you guys do.

Hope I some nerves...
Oh Snap !!!

It's a great series... we hope you guys can join us. Our one Sunday a month at our facility has essentially turned into strictly HFAY events. We have Carl and Mike who come down once a month just because of HFAY.

I'm sure if you guys started doing it, you will soon start to see more people showing for it... I mean, it is the only true RC Online Point Series anywhere !

And you get to race the World... how much cooler can it get ?

I think his initial post says it all... prove it !

Once again... all we ask for is honest racing, the rest just falls into place.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2006.09.27 at 06:09 PM.
Old 2006.09.27, 06:12 PM   #7
CristianTabush

There really is no space for us to pull it off. It is a converted scooter store show room that we clear out everyother weekend. 18th scale is our largest class- so we can't neglect them. We probably have over 9 sets of track- Trey has really lost count- but we hardly ever use it. We just try to accomodate for the tracks to be fun for both scales. Six 18th scale cars on a 2 wide L setup at the same time would be impossible. Split them up more you say- takes too long, we already have like 6 heats every weekend (1/2 of those being the larger scale cars).

Again, the desire to do the series is there, but honestly, we can't afford to alienate our biggest crowd which is the 18 scalers. Several of us race every type of car out there, but the majority of the people have either one type or the other. So in order to grow our hobby and turnouts, we can't build a track exclusively for mini-Z.

Like I said, we are always working on projects w/ Trey to promote our racing, and HFAY is one of the things that we would like to incorporate into our racing program. The problem right now is that our track is not permanent.
Old 2006.09.27, 06:15 PM   #8
imxlr8ed

Quote:
There really is no space for us to pull it off. It is a converted scooter store show room that we clear out everyother weekend. 18th scale is our largest class- so we can't neglect them. We probably have over 9 sets of track- Trey has really lost count- but we hardly ever use it. We just try to accomodate for the tracks to be fun for both scales. Six 18th scale cars on a 2 wide L setup at the same time would be impossible. Split them up more you say- takes too long, we already have like 6 heats every weekend (1/2 of those being the larger scale cars).

Again, the desire to do the series is there, but honestly, we can't afford to alienate our biggest crowd which is the 18 scalers. Several of us race every type of car out there, but the majority of the people have either one type or the other. So in order to grow our hobby and turnouts, we can't build a track exclusively for mini-Z.

Like I said, we are always working on projects w/ Trey to promote our racing, and HFAY is one of the things that we would like to incorporate into our racing program. The problem right now is that our track is not permanent.
Is there a possible off site location ?... maybe you could just see who would be willing to compete and setup the Core and the track in a garage or basement or something ? (like a weeknight maybe) Like I said before, I know Houston has some hot drivers down there, it seems only logical to have you on board.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2006.09.27 at 06:18 PM.
Old 2006.09.27, 07:27 PM   #9
briankstan

Quote:
The desire to do the series is there, but honestly, we can't afford to alienate our biggest crowd which is the 18 scalers. Several of us race every type of car out there, but the majority of the people have either one type or the other. So in order to grow our hobby and turnouts, we can't build a track exclusively for mini-Z.

We wouldn't want you to alienate them... we want them to join in also

I would say that most of the clubs don't have a permenant facility. somtimes we just incorporate the small track into the larger one.

anyways, it's great that you guys are thinking about it.
Old 2006.09.27, 08:07 PM   #10
CristianTabush

Having a little more time off myself will allow me to focus on a little more promotion locally. Events like these would be great at different locations, logistics are not quite there yet and there is a lack of accesibility to the tracks during the week. (to set it up at trey's we have to empty the showroom and set the track up and then set up the showroom again for the next day.) Once we figure out how, we'll try it out- and that hopefully will be soon.
Old 2006.09.27, 08:34 PM   #11
Davey Jones
Didn't I Just Pass You

Have you thougt about hooking up with your local park and rec department? Thats what we did here in Widefield. They also help promote RC for us, provide a Jr. High gym with PLENTY of room
Davey Jones is offline   Reply With Quote