Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.01.05, 07:45 AM   #1
Ka0sgh0st

best 94MM RM body for racing

What's the best 94mm RM body for racing? I'm planning to run it in the stock class if/when I get to go racing, and I'm thinking about buying the Lamborghini Jota readyset (for the body to run at home when not racing) but want to swap to a better body for racing.

I have an Audi R8 LMS 2015 that I am going to set up for the modified rules at the track.

also I figure the Jota, as I've heard isnt too good for racing because it's top heavy, and the 94mm RM style, I figured if the wife ever raced me, the upgrades and better performance of the Audi should make up the difference between our driving skills. And if she wins I can simply blame the car, lol.
Ka0sgh0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.05, 08:11 AM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
The Jota handles very well for a narrow body. It was one of my fastest narrow 70t narrow cars (class restriction was narrow track width and bodies that could not run with wide front).

It is a very unforgiving body. The front likes to dig in and it will do a cartwheel with almost any wall contact.

F430Gt is an excellent 94mm body for RM. If you upgrade to an MM2 or 94mm MM mount, it opens a whole new world of handling possibilities.

360gtc was one of the most popular 94mm bodies, it handles neutral makes good traction, and well suited for medium size tracks. Any of the Ferrari 360/430 are good.

The 2004/5 jgtc 350z is great for lower traction conditions, however it's rare and expensive for a racer.

Overall, I think the f430gt would be my recommendation, it requires the least work to run well. A damper on an RM setup is almost a necessity.
Old 2019.01.05, 08:43 AM   #3
Ka0sgh0st

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
The Jota handles very well for a narrow body. It was one of my fastest narrow 70t narrow cars (class restriction was narrow track width and bodies that could not run with wide front).

It is a very unforgiving body. The front likes to dig in and it will do a cartwheel with almost any wall contact.

F430Gt is an excellent 94mm body for RM. If you upgrade to an MM2 or 94mm MM mount, it opens a whole new world of handling possibilities.

360gtc was one of the most popular 94mm bodies, it handles neutral makes good traction, and well suited for medium size tracks. Any of the Ferrari 360/430 are good.

The 2004/5 jgtc 350z is great for lower traction conditions, however it's rare and expensive for a racer.

Overall, I think the f430gt would be my recommendation, it requires the least work to run well. A damper on an RM setup is almost a necessity.
I'm not sure if I can run a damper at the track. I havent been able to get out and see, as I've worked every Saturday race day since I first heard that there was racing.

I attached the rules that the track posted.

I currently have the 2015 Audi R8 LMS that other than the motor is stock. with the 94mm RM car I'm wanting something different and really like the Jota body.

Would I be better off running the Audi R8 (which is 98mm MM?) for the stock class and the 94mm RM for the super stock?

as far as bodies, how does the Ferrari 575 GTC body fair when racing? at first I thought it was ugly, but the more I look at it, the more I'm starting to like it.

Also, could the Jota body be competitive in the super stock class? or would it be better suited for the stock class?

I suppose I should get to the track, but really need to get some time off. first chance I get that they are racing I'm going. I'll put the stock motor back into the Audi and race in stock and check out the rest if the classes. But I do want something to fill both classes with, and be different enough as well.

of I could fibd one, the Takata Dome NSX 2005 body looks interesting. but I doubt I'd ever find one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190105_092904.jpg (152.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Ka0sgh0st; 2019.01.05 at 08:55 AM.
Ka0sgh0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.05, 08:33 PM   #4
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I never was a huge fan of the 575 handling.... it felt a bit sluggish and tail heavy.

Im a big fan of the Supra as well as the F430. The Supra is a bit more neutral than the F430 which i felt was nicely agile.

Id stay with your original thought of stock 94mm and super stock 98mm

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.05, 10:56 PM   #5
TeeSquared
Redline

The GT86/BRZ body is outstanding for 94mm. It's extremely lightweight and has good front-to-back balance. I ran it both 94mm mid motor and rear motor and enjoyed both. RM was slower but a little more fun to drive. This was all on stock 70t/80t motors.
TeeSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.06, 12:41 AM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
More motor will bring out the weaknesses of the RM arrangement more. If grip is low, would be the only time that the RM would really be competitive.

The Jota could be a fun car, but it won't really be competitive. In a class of similarly specced narrow stock motor cars, it could do well, but I don't think it would in an open 70t class.