Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.02.12, 06:54 AM   #1
Saman2014
Xmods Veteran (need a Z)

Send a message via AIM to Saman2014 Send a message via Yahoo to Saman2014
What should I get

I need suggestions for what Mini-Z I should get.

Im thinking of getting this one haha:
GO to ebay and type in #350160359003

Last edited by Saman2014; 2009.02.12 at 06:57 AM.
Saman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.12, 07:21 AM   #2
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saman2014 View Post
I need suggestions for what Mini-Z I should get.

Im thinking of getting this one haha:
GO to ebay and type in #350160359003
that would be a good start. you could find a nice used car and maybe get some hopups already on it for about the same price. if you want to go new, it's not a bad deal.
Old 2009.02.12, 08:18 PM   #3
mini-z
Administrator

Brian, I think you must have missed the details of that auction - it's a massive rip off - that is an old i-series that we sold for $105 w/ free shipping, and they are charging $149.99 + $16.75 shipping! We have the new i-series 2 for $129.99 w/ free shipping:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19452

Saman2014, this is a very bad deal and I'd be very suspicious of that seller based on that one auction.
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.13, 12:02 AM   #4
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Saman, I SERIOUSLY recommend this car.

MA-010 Calsonic skyline readyset.

Most cars you purchase as a readyset will have a body that won't work so well for racing. The calsonic skyline is a great racing body, its the same as that picture I sent you except blue. You can save money by purchasing this set and not having to buy a race body. Another plus about the body is that it can be easily dremeled to fit a 98mm chassis, which is what I recommend you do. Also, a laydown crystal adapter is not needed for it. Furthermore it comes with a spoiler mounted on it that is interchangeable with other mini-z spoilers, so you can choose what kind of ridiculous wing you want to put on it. Yeah, i know you like that stuff.

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/s...oducts_id=3563

Concerned about sending off your precious Mini-Z? Don't be!
Action B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.13, 12:08 AM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I agree with Mini-Z. Check used auctions or get new from the store here. That deal isnt good at all. The main board of the car isnt very good, compared to most of the stock boards of AM frequency cars that are around these days. There are no brakes, and the FETs arent as good.

I would advise to look for 3010 fets, the I-series come with 3004 fets (without brake). Most cars sold used now will have the 3010 fets, which can handle more powerful motors than the 3004 fets.

Do you already have a 27mhz AM transmitter?
Old 2009.02.13, 07:14 AM   #6
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z View Post
Brian, I think you must have missed the details of that auction - it's a massive rip off - that is an old i-series that we sold for $105 w/ free shipping, and they are charging $149.99 + $16.75 shipping! We have the new i-series 2 for $129.99 w/ free shipping:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19452

Saman2014, this is a very bad deal and I'd be very suspicious of that seller based on that one auction.
yes, I missed that,

I would personally steer clear of the i-series, they are very prone to glitching and typically sale for alot less.

thanks D, for correcting me, I'd hate to point someone in the wrong direction.

you should pass on this and keep looking !
Old 2009.02.13, 09:23 PM   #7
Saman2014
Xmods Veteran (need a Z)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
Saman, I SERIOUSLY recommend this car.

MA-010 Calsonic skyline readyset.

Most cars you purchase as a readyset will have a body that won't work so well for racing. The calsonic skyline is a great racing body, its the same as that picture I sent you except blue. You can save money by purchasing this set and not having to buy a race body. Another plus about the body is that it can be easily dremeled to fit a 98mm chassis, which is what I recommend you do. Also, a laydown crystal adapter is not needed for it. Furthermore it comes with a spoiler mounted on it that is interchangeable with other mini-z spoilers, so you can choose what kind of ridiculous wing you want to put on it. Yeah, i know you like that stuff.

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/s...oducts_id=3563
Haha, yeah that spoiler is definatly out of style. I'll just use my current one on it.
Old 2009.02.19, 12:54 PM   #8
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Conveniently, they just released a Nissan GTR body
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.19, 01:16 PM   #9
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7i20ci7y View Post
Conveniently, they just released a Nissan GTR body
With a chrome roof. Not great for CORE.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.20, 01:10 PM   #10
Saman2014
Xmods Veteran (need a Z)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Whats CORE?
Old 2009.02.20, 02:39 PM   #11
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Core is a timing system, I tested the GT-R body and it works fine with core.
Old 2009.02.21, 01:13 AM   #12
Saman2014
Xmods Veteran (need a Z)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
Core is a timing system, I tested the GT-R body and it works fine with core.
Thanks for the reassurance Im sure ill make up my mind weather to get the mini-z, the new skateboard, or that really big and fast shooting airsoft gun. which all happen to be in the same price range (dammit this will be a tough decision)
Old 2009.02.23, 08:28 AM   #13
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Go for the Z. If you want an airsoft gun, I have a Classic Army M-15 carbine that I'll probably never use again, two hi cap mags and li-po battery, tight bore barrel and a rather banged up Sunproject M203 with a Madbull rocket shell. Also a nice M9 gas blow back pistol. We might could work out a deal or somethin. You know, provided your parents approved.
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.23, 09:16 AM   #14
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saman2014 View Post
Thanks for the reassurance Im sure ill make up my mind weather to get the mini-z, the new skateboard, or that really big and fast shooting airsoft gun. which all happen to be in the same price range (dammit this will be a tough decision)
Saman, you left your skateboard outside... Only parts that go bad in rain are the deck and the bearings. Decks are around 50 and bearings are around 20. The bearings might actually be fine, though, its likely the deck was ruined. I might have a spare deck or bearings around my house but they won't be brand new.

Concerned about sending off your precious Mini-Z? Don't be!
Action B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.23, 03:41 PM   #15
Saman2014
Xmods Veteran (need a Z)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
Saman, you left your skateboard outside... Only parts that go bad in rain are the deck and the bearings. Decks are around 50 and bearings are around 20. The bearings might actually be fine, though, its likely the deck was ruined. I might have a spare deck or bearings around my house but they won't be brand new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7i20ci7y View Post
Go for the Z. If you want an airsoft gun, I have a Classic Army M-15 carbine that I'll probably never use again, two hi cap mags and li-po battery, tight bore barrel and a rather banged up Sunproject M203 with a Madbull rocket shell. Also a nice M9 gas blow back pistol. We might could work out a deal or somethin. You know, provided your parents approved.
I think your right, ill go for the mini-z. Its not like ill find any local games to use that 430 fps $158 JG M4 with a 5k bb hi-cap box mag. How much for the Classic Army? I already have a Spring M4 with a broken mag, Electric 200fps Boyi M4, Spring I dont know what brand G3 SG, 150 Fps Electric Mini Uzi, and a Spring P22 with universal holster. Quite a collection of ****ty guns.

Brandon, dont you ever stop giving? haha. I tested my board out and the only thing that got damaged was my bearings which were already ****ty, they just got worse. My grip tape was screwed up from the start so there was no difference. I think ill just get an entirely knew board altogether. Or i could bring it 2 hobbytown for you to look at.