Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.11.12, 02:20 PM   #106
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Bryan. We are thinking of taking one of our regular weekly events and making a saturday show every month so those of you that don't want to join the bulb busters can have a place to race and friends to do it with.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.12, 05:29 PM   #107
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Thanks to all the guys at LGR for a fun race weekend! Great layout and fast racers. Good to run with the High Speed guys again too, I don't get to race there much either nowadays. Thanks Landon, Sarah, Daddy and Mrs. Rabbit for being such hospitable hosts. I really hope you guys don't let the off-road track run right over the on-road so that we can have more Mini-Z events in the future.

Pedro
Old 2013.11.13, 12:15 PM   #108
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I'm not going to give up Mini-Z racing guys, and as long as I keep having people show up to events, I will keep hosting them. I had fun this weekend, and really enjoyed getting back to some small scale on road, after a couple of months of nothing but buggy racing. It was very rewarding, and I think sharpened my skills a bit.

We really are struggling locally to get people interested in the little cars, but we had a ton of people watching this event, and there has already been more than a handful of people come ask about racing with us. The prospect of new Z racers is very exciting, and something we haven't had much of in recent months. I fear for where the scale as a whole is heading, especially in our part of the country, but I will continue to try and promote it, and take part as much as I can!

What ever path we take, this past weekend, was an awesome step in that path. I had a great time running with old friends, and even managed to squeak a win out in the Can Am class. Rodney took the title in style, almost completing the perfect score for the second year in a row. This time he fell three points short with 8 wins and a second for his final tally. By taking second in this event (only two points behind Rodney), I managed to make up ground on Chad, and tied him for second. The tie breaker is overall score (points before drops), in which Chad beat me on since I missed the third race. That puts him in second and me in third. Wade took fourth, with Albert and Marwan taking fifth and sixth. I will get the full run down in a postable format, and get it on the site as quickly as possible. Sarah is working on that as I type.

Thanks to all who came out this year and supported the Cup! It really is a cool thing we have going on bringing people from multiple clubs together for great fun and awesome competition. We really need to get the Cups updated. The HSH crew, and especially Rodney have put a lot of effort into the results they have achieved and it's not right that we haven't kept up with it. If some one can get the Cup down to me, I will make sure we get the engravings up to date.

I've got to get the pictures onto photobucket so I can get them uploaded here. In the mean time, here are the videos from the mains.

GT1 B Main

GT2 B Main

Can Am 1 B Main

GT1 A Main

GT2 A Main

Can Am 1 A Main

A couple of highlights for me:
Coming into the first A Main, the GT1 class, I knew I wasn;t going ot be able to touch Rodney. I was just hoping to be able to fend off Wade, and try anything I could to get in front of Chad and stay there. On the squared off corner, I ran a little wide. I managed to squeak past cutting the dots to take second form him. It was very obvious that he was quicker than me, and it was all I could do to hold him behind me. You can see Wade catch up and lose ground between mistakes as well. I just stayed clean, and tight enough that Chad's relentless atacks finally caught him out. Once he had to race Wade, I got away for a pretty easy last few minutes while Rodney concentrated on putting us all a lap down.

In GT2, I felt like I had the 5th best car. I just managed a slightly better run than Josh, just behind Terry, and far behind them uch quicker Rodney and Wade. Josh overtook me early, and we had some very interesting laps trading positions. The racing was clean and very fun, just frustrating because I didn't have a good motor draw, and could not attack. I just held patient until finally he made a big enough mistake for me to get by. Luckily for me Terry made a mistake two more corners up the track, and I went from 5 to 3 in the center part of the track. I ran a smooth race and didn't fall under the pressures of either of their attacks to hold on to third.

Can Am should be the most rewarding. The car was awesome, so for me, the race was a little boring. I fended of Rodney form the start, but he made an aggressive move on the second run down the straight and hit the inside wall giving me some space. He made his way back to second, but my car was too strong, and I easily finished first. I followed him for the last part of the race very closely, but held back instead of lapping him in the end, so I wouldn't disrupt the race between he and Chad for second. The car was a blast to drive. Despite holding back at the end of the race, that car put down the fastest run in the mains, the fastest qualifying time, and the fastest hot lap. My only regret is not running it in the GT1 race with the 350Z body. I might have had a chance to go after Rodney for victory. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.14, 09:28 AM   #109
Sammich

hopefully i can look into lightening up my chassis so i can be more competitive in the stock class next time around...picking a good motor will be the next task, but lightening my chassis is my main goal

thanks alot too to Landon helping me out a ton w/ getting my car ready for the race, i know i slowed up the race a good bit w/ my troubles, hopefully next time i'll be ready to go with no issues

i know i said last year i'll i'd be more competitive this year, well i'm hoping next year is my year to be in the top 10 in standings and drake suprised me with his cleaner driving this year, he's really progressed alot i've seen.

Quote:
drunk driving is not cool, unless it's with Mini-Z's.
Sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.14, 09:58 AM   #110
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Yes. My hat is off to Drake as well. Seems the only person that he consistently has difficulty with is his team owner.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.14, 04:54 PM   #111
Daddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
I'm not going to give up Mini-Z racing guys, and as long as I keep having people show up to events, I will keep hosting them. I had fun this weekend, and really enjoyed getting back to some small scale on road, after a couple of months of nothing but buggy racing. It was very rewarding, and I think sharpened my skills a bit.

We really are struggling locally to get people interested in the little cars, but we had a ton of people watching this event, and there has already been more than a handful of people come ask about racing with us. The prospect of new Z racers is very exciting, and something we haven't had much of in recent months. I fear for where the scale as a whole is heading, especially in our part of the country, but I will continue to try and promote it, and take part as much as I can!

What ever path we take, this past weekend, was an awesome step in that path. I had a great time running with old friends, and even managed to squeak a win out in the Can Am class. Rodney took the title in style, almost completing the perfect score for the second year in a row. This time he fell three points short with 8 wins and a second for his final tally. By taking second in this event (only two points behind Rodney), I managed to make up ground on Chad, and tied him for second. The tie breaker is overall score (points before drops), in which Chad beat me on since I missed the third race. That puts him in second and me in third. Wade took fourth, with Albert and Marwan taking fifth and sixth. I will get the full run down in a postable format, and get it on the site as quickly as possible. Sarah is working on that as I type.

Thanks to all who came out this year and supported the Cup! It really is a cool thing we have going on bringing people from multiple clubs together for great fun and awesome competition. We really need to get the Cups updated. The HSH crew, and especially Rodney have put a lot of effort into the results they have achieved and it's not right that we haven't kept up with it. If some one can get the Cup down to me, I will make sure we get the engravings up to date.

I've got to get the pictures onto photobucket so I can get them uploaded here. In the mean time, here are the videos from the mains.

GT1 B Main

GT2 B Main

Can Am 1 B Main

GT1 A Main

GT2 A Main

Can Am 1 A Main

A couple of highlights for me:
Coming into the first A Main, the GT1 class, I knew I wasn;t going ot be able to touch Rodney. I was just hoping to be able to fend off Wade, and try anything I could to get in front of Chad and stay there. On the squared off corner, I ran a little wide. I managed to squeak past cutting the dots to take second form him. It was very obvious that he was quicker than me, and it was all I could do to hold him behind me. You can see Wade catch up and lose ground between mistakes as well. I just stayed clean, and tight enough that Chad's relentless atacks finally caught him out. Once he had to race Wade, I got away for a pretty easy last few minutes while Rodney concentrated on putting us all a lap down.

In GT2, I felt like I had the 5th best car. I just managed a slightly better run than Josh, just behind Terry, and far behind them uch quicker Rodney and Wade. Josh overtook me early, and we had some very interesting laps trading positions. The racing was clean and very fun, just frustrating because I didn't have a good motor draw, and could not attack. I just held patient until finally he made a big enough mistake for me to get by. Luckily for me Terry made a mistake two more corners up the track, and I went from 5 to 3 in the center part of the track. I ran a smooth race and didn't fall under the pressures of either of their attacks to hold on to third.

Can Am should be the most rewarding. The car was awesome, so for me, the race was a little boring. I fended of Rodney form the start, but he made an aggressive move on the second run down the straight and hit the inside wall giving me some space. He made his way back to second, but my car was too strong, and I easily finished first. I followed him for the last part of the race very closely, but held back instead of lapping him in the end, so I wouldn't disrupt the race between he and Chad for second. The car was a blast to drive. Despite holding back at the end of the race, that car put down the fastest run in the mains, the fastest qualifying time, and the fastest hot lap. My only regret is not running it in the GT1 race with the 350Z body. I might have had a chance to go after Rodney for victory. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....
Good wright up son, nice to see you back in full force with your typing. lol
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.15, 03:00 PM   #112
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Thank you to the Thompsons and the SC guys for putting on a great CC4 event and thanks to all that made the whole series work at HSH and LGR this year. I think this was the first year that I was able to complete in all the cup races, mainly because I cut back on weekly club racing, and I really enjoyed it. I'm really happy with my final standing considering I had no practice in between and I look forward to next year.

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!

Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote