Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.04.26, 09:29 PM   #61
kwsmith29

I'm sure the MR-02 L/m drivers won't agree.

Wade
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.26, 09:36 PM   #62
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

theres still people running the 02
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.26, 09:52 PM   #63
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

James is still running the 02 very competitively. We shouldn't lower the LM weight too much and make the 02s or Porsche bodies way overweight. I know that the Sauber 03s are light but it is easy to add a bit of weight. I use it to balance my car.
Old 2010.04.27, 07:26 AM   #64
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwsmith29 View Post
Sorry guys I ment 180g for L/M not stock. 175g for stock is good....

Wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
im with wade 180 for lm is even better
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocamp View Post
James is still running the 02 very competitively. We shouldn't lower the LM weight too much and make the 02s or Porsche bodies way overweight. I know that the Sauber 03s are light but it is easy to add a bit of weight. I use it to balance my car.
I know weve been around this before, and Im glad to see it down to 185, but I just want to throw it out there that I think 180g is good for LM

FWIW, Pedro, my 03 Sauber feels perfectly balanced at an un-ballasted 171g

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.27, 07:40 AM   #65
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

im just playing about the weight. id prefer lower but i understand why it is higher. as long as i can tune it before we get there.
Old 2010.04.27, 09:31 AM   #66
pick
Village Idiot

The Last 02 left?

Alright, you bunch of hooligans . I guess that since I'm the only 02 left on the track, I'm probably the only one voting . I'm fine with ya'll setting the weight limit wherever you want, and I'll still get pretty close with my 02. I just need to know soon. Most other races are setting the stock limit to 175g, so I think that's where we should be also. As far as LM, I like 185g . But, I could probably get close to 180g too. The thing everyone has to remember about LM is that you have to run a 102 wheelbase, an LM body, and LM size wheels and tires. If you do that (without running rubber bands for tires), you'd be hard pressed to get an 02 or 03 LM car under 180 with any aftermarket parts and a painted body . Either way, just let me know so I can get started.

P.S. There shall be an uprising of 02's in the future that will dethrone the 03's and render their masters useless to the Mini-Z powers to be !!!
Old 2010.04.27, 09:41 AM   #67
pick
Village Idiot

Hooligans!?!?!

Yes, I did just call you all a bunch of HOOLIGANS ! And there shall be no more of your SHINANNIGANS either !

Old 2010.04.27, 09:46 AM   #68
pick
Village Idiot

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
I know weve been around this before, and Im glad to see it down to 185, but I just want to throw it out there that I think 180g is good for LM

FWIW, Pedro, my 03 Sauber feels perfectly balanced at an un-ballasted 171g
Yeah, FWIW, we'll see how well your 171g perfectly balanced 03 Sauber runs when my perfectly balanced 10EEE shoe steps on it . Bunch of freakin' hooligans.

Last edited by pick; 2010.04.27 at 09:49 AM.
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.27, 10:03 AM   #69
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pick View Post
Yeah, FWIW, we'll see how well your 171g perfectly balanced 03 Sauber runs when my perfectly balanced 10EEE shoe steps on it . Bunch of freakin' hooligans.
now thats just mean.
Old 2010.04.27, 10:05 AM   #70
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Don't worry. He's all bark and no bite. But look out if he goes for his Tazer.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.27, 10:55 AM   #71
pick
Village Idiot

Instead of cheating, I prefer to resort to violence . That's just the way I roll .
Old 2010.04.27, 11:18 AM   #72
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I guess we should settle this before the pistol whipping starts!

We are running lower weight limits for the CC events because we are running the CORE system and not AMB. We at HS won't have to ballast up due to the missing, heavy, AMB transponder. We will also run stock at the PNWC weight which will help us tune for those events.

I think we are in agreement on the 175g weight limit for stock. This is achievable by the 02s, there are many light bodies to choose from. Our LM class has fewer body options and on average are heavier than the stock bodies. The Porsche 962 LH being the heaviest at something like 46g. We all also know that the 02 chassis is a bit heavier than the 03 chassis. I would think no one wants to see the LM class become a default spec 03/Sauber (or other light body of the moment) class, which is what would happen if the weight is set too low. I think we need to set the weight limit so that someone can choose to run a mildly optioned 02 with a Porsche body and not have to carry an extra 10g+ penalty. A minimum weight set to the heaviest sensible option would work to help keep the field diverse. Of course there is still an advantage to running a light car and body as you can add more options for performance and durability as well as ballast the car to achieve a desired weight distribution. I run an 03 Sauber myself for these reasons. I don't mind adding ballast because I can tune my weight distribution to change the handling of the car. Adding weight to a car is not a handicap. It is a handicap to race in a class in which you have no weight to add. I believe we gain nothing by setting the weight limit low and limiting chassis-body options. It can be a hassle to add weight to a chassis but ballast is cheap... chassis and bodies are not. If the 02 chassis goes the way of the 01, we all run Lipo batteries or even lighter bodies then I would say we should look at lower weight limits.

As a reference the 02/Porsche that Rodney and I drove at the Enduro was well over 200g, no ballast. It was built for durability though so light weight was secondary but nothing really out of the ordinary was done to the car.
Old 2010.04.27, 12:11 PM   #73
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Sorry to butt in, but I completely agree with keeping the weight limit set to the Porsche body and a mildly setup MR02. We just started a spec motor (ATM USA) LM class with open parts options and wheels. I ran an MR03 with LM tires on a Sauber body. The only parts I changed were motormount/t-plate/dds/diff, front end was completely stock. We have no weight restriction, so I havent weighed my car at all yet. I can imagine that the car is much lighter than a porsche on an MR02 by at least 15g. I decided on using the Sauber and MR03 because they were the lightest in the class... I won the first race with a good margin over the first Porsche/MR02. A Mazda/MR03 was running similar laps to mine, but didnt handle the tighter sections quite as well as my Sauber.

I am going to try setting up an MR02 with WTF2 with a Porsche KH body... just to see how differently it handles, and where it weighs in.
Old 2010.04.27, 12:29 PM   #74
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

im fine with the weight being 185. adding weight is not a problem. i would like to see the lm tire rule lifted, and if we must run lm tires but are allowed to run standard wheels, is their anything saying we cant run trued down lms on standard wheels. i ask because i prefer not to run such wide offset wheels in the front, id prefer to run the mantis wheelswith trued lm tires if possible
Old 2010.04.27, 12:39 PM   #75
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I am currently using Nascar front wheels on my LM (no offset)... Are those allowed? If so, you should try them.