Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.08.03, 09:06 AM   #31
hrdrvr
MBMZR

double post......

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2010.08.04 at 07:51 AM.
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.03, 09:49 AM   #32
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i see those dots have returned. and a few well placed bump outs

Last edited by mleemor60; 2010.08.03 at 11:31 AM.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.03, 10:02 AM   #33
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ You know I'm rocking dots! Don't complain too much and make me get the outside run-offs back out too! There are lots of places for those in this layout, and they would look sick going around the carousel!

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.08.03, 11:35 AM   #34
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Kill the bump outs but add the outside run off's. Just don't do it til race day.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.03, 08:44 PM   #35
kromie101

can you see the whole track good from where you stand? looks like it would be hard to see the corner going back up under the straight? i know where i stand i can see like a hawk, no one likes that spot. cya
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.04, 07:20 AM   #36
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ The box that Chad and I usually stand on has 99% visibility of the track. On the new box (closest to the PC), the very outside of that hair pin (coming up the first hill), and right side of the lane are blocked. It's less than a half tile blockage, and the driving line is totally visible. Every where else on the drivers stand has 99.9% visibility. Some of the RCP rails are slightly blocked if you get towards the wall, but that shouldn't matter.

And yes, your spot is the hawk eye spot.......
If you weren't 9 feet tall you wouldn't like that spot either

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.08.07, 07:45 PM   #37
kromie101

well the track was a little loose early on in the day but got better as the night went on. o'll landons elevated tracks are fun but it takes a different driving style to drive it. ya gotta have alot of throttle control.

collin put down a better run than all of us in stock. that boy better stay out of my way. chads LM is smokin fast but can he hold together. landon is just a loose squirrel behind the wheel. tannie,i'm tring to do my best to stay out of your way.it's good to see ya back. as for me,i am still reavaluating everything.

we are ready for the CC.cya
Old 2010.08.08, 01:18 AM   #38
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
What tires and motors(LM) are you guys running on your cars? Just want to know what I should prep my cars with...
Old 2010.08.08, 07:49 AM   #39
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I think the agreed upon classes for this event were GT-2 (cup motor) LMP-1 (mod motor) and DP-2 (cup motor).

For round four back at our place it will be GT-1(mod motor) LMP-2(cup motor) and F-2(cup motor).

See you at the beach. Let me know if you will need assistance.
Old 2010.08.08, 08:51 AM   #40
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
What tires and motors(LM) are you guys running on your cars? Just want to know what I should prep my cars with...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
I think the agreed upon classes for this event were GT-2 (cup motor) LMP-1 (mod motor) and DP-2 (cup motor).

For round four back at our place it will be GT-1(mod motor) LMP-2(cup motor) and F-2(cup motor).

See you at the beach. Let me know if you will need assistance.
I had a longer reply, but lost it. Ill give more details.when i can jump on a pc.

Emu, i ran the atm yellow with lm 20s and 30s. It may need some changes though. I went 9.8 in practice (equal to eric for fastest of the night) but wasn't consistent by the time we ran heats.

Mike, the classes for round 4 sound good

The layout was fun, but the secondary straight needs a little work. There are bumps in the typical paces for our track, but everything is very drivable. Ill swap the layout monday and work on the straight when i have time.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.08.08, 12:16 PM   #41
kromie101

same with me emu,i ran 30 and 20 kyo on my LM car with a awd motor.

i'm gonna try the upside down kingpin setup on my gt stock. it feels sooooo smooth sitting in my hand. i just hope i'm not disappointed when i try it.

it's gonna be a good time.hope you can make it.

mike,can you sponcer me with a f1 at HSH. if not i'm a 2 class man which might be good.i can relax.
Old 2010.08.08, 01:07 PM   #42
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

10-4 big dog. My back up F-1 is available if needed.
Old 2010.08.09, 09:00 AM   #43
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
I had a longer reply, but lost it. Ill give more details.when i can jump on a pc.
Here we go

EMU, I was running a C9 with the LM tires on 787B fronts and +3 rears. I'm running 40s on my two 70t cars, so this is a bit more front grip. I feel I need it as the power of the mod motor adds a lot of push in the faster corners. Because of this the car is a bit aggressive in the infield, which is usually good for me. I could really tighten up my lines even tighter than the 70t cars which I thought was going to be good. Even with others on the track practicing I was getting down to 9.9 very often, and navigating traffic while staying in the low 10s. My car seemed quicker than Eric's, but not quite as smooth. I know with a quicker car all I would need to do was stay cool at the beginning and get out in front. On the first lap I got a 14, and felt the need to push right away. On about lap five I flipped on a dot, and had a 21 second lap. After getting marshaled I tried really hard to push and over-driving the car was NOT good. Towards the end I was just getting out of every ones way. I managed some how to still end up third, but I was four laps down to Eric. I'm going back to the drawing board on it, and may end up with a tire set up more similar to my stock cars.

I'm running a soft set up with 40d radials (mounted on Mantis GT fronts) in the front of those cars, with 20d LM rears right now. I go back and forth between all the different Kyo 20s usually. It's pretty much the same set up for each car (both 96mm), and its a bit pushy. I'm slow in the slow corners, but pretty quick every where else, and the cars are very manageable.

The soft set ups are necessary at our track, as the layout is always bumpy. Our club bought RCP on two different occasions, and the LHS bought on three different occasions. Our layouts are a mixture of all of those purchases, including some expansion kits that were purchased with other runs of track, but still noticeably different in tile height. The elevations also pull the track in different directions (gotta love gravity ), and cause some humps in the apexes of certain turns. It makes it all a little tricky to drive and set up for, and makes for some interesting racing, as you cant always make passes just 'cause some one went wide in a turn ahead of you. The transitions really keep you on your toes, even in a turn that would be simple on a flat track.

Mike, I like the class diversity we are using through out these events. With the exception of DP1 and the touring classes we will have run the gambit on our options Taking the F1s back to spec motor racing is going to be VERY interesting. Pedro, Matt, Rodney and I have had some of the best F1 races I've ever been involved in. When we limit all of us, (and who ever else shows up) to the 70t motor, its going to tighten everything up real nice Hopefully I'll be able to hang, as the speed of F1 has taken me out of contention at our most recent events

To every one else, please let me know if you plan on attending. I'd like to get a schedule posted up for Saturday so every one can know what to expect. I know there are more people planning to attend than what is one the drivers list, so please speak up You can drop me a PM, email, text, telephone call....whatever you want to do....just let me know

As for now, I'm looking at having the track open til 8 or 9 on Friday night (possibly longer if need be), and opening back up on Saturday morning at 8 for an 11 am start.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.08.09, 10:10 AM   #44
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

So if your gonna run f1 as a 70t class at cc4 is there going to be a weight limit?

I might run all three classes, I have an lm together but I haven't driven it yet. I feel like I'm giving into the peer pressure.

See you guys soon.

Reflex Racing Mantis Worx DG-Designs Psycho Cells
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.09, 12:10 PM   #45
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Matt, Ill let Mike or some one else from NC answer, as it will be there call ultimately, but I wuould guess there will be a weight limit for LM and F1 at that race. The way we've been working it, is the "spec" classes get a limit, while the "open" classes do not. I'd guess it'll be 190g for LMP2 and 200g for F2.

LET's Go Racing!