Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.08.09, 07:16 PM   #46
kromie101

LT,i thought i got a 9.7. if not ,i will friday.

mike,the last time i got that sponcer from EMU with the F-1,i finished 3rd. are you sure it's ok to use it. i think stock motors would be good in the F-1 class.

matt,you need to run LM,it's goona be sick fast.

Last edited by kromie101; 2010.08.09 at 07:21 PM.
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.09, 07:49 PM   #47
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I'll take my chances. You might want to buy this one.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.09, 08:02 PM   #48
kromie101

i would guess it's 2.4? just what i need another car.
Old 2010.08.09, 08:39 PM   #49
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Im in favor for a spec motor F1. PN 70t may be a little slow, but Im game if its small track.

After driving F1 mod for a while. I really like mod, and dont really want to go to a slow motor like the 70t. A more intermediate motor may be better as a spec motor.

Sai and I had a great battle at Action on Saturday. I shattered the hot lap of the day in all classes with a 9.94s lap. 10.2s was the nearest fast lap in the mains with my AWD 39t which finished 2nd to Sai's MR03 Murc. My 70t f355 pulled a 10.4. The feeling that I get when driving the F1 with power is the best feeling that I get when racing. Which is why I would rather have more appropriate power on the car. It is much more difficult to setup, and that is why I like it. 70t F1 requires much less setup than even a ATM Standard. After the heat issues that I have seen with the 50, I would avoid them for a spec motor. I would recommend the ATM USA, but they have been discontinued, although I believe there will be a replacement produced for the Amazon series. At least I hope, since I feel that the ATM Stock-BB is too fast for stock class racing. Most people ran the same cars in mod that they ran in stock because they were just as fast.

Eric, the car that Sai TQ'd with at the PN race was the car you drove with a different body...

With F1, once you get a good setup, it becomes 95% tires.

I was very disapointed with my losses at the event (primarily breaking in F1 and Pan), so I want to do very well at the Carolina Cup. Last race was a feeler, I had a great time, and know it will be even better next race. I also want to make sure that Landon doesnt get 'his' cup back Still doesnt look like I will have any teammates with me from NY But now I have Matt on my team

For ModGT I ran my LM with 43t, 20d Kyosho radials on inch up wheels, and 30d Kyosho radials on Mantis Group C. The K20 radials didnt have enough grip for me, so I hope I can get them to hook up in Carolina.

I am working on two prospectice Pan setups, working on them as 2wd mod first, then going to put a pan body on it when I get down there.
Old 2010.08.10, 06:02 AM   #50
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromie101 View Post
i would guess it's 2.4? just what i need another car.
Of course you need another car. In fact you need one for Collin as well. Yes it's a 2.4 car.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.10, 07:32 AM   #51
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
LT,i thought i got a 9.7. if not ,i will friday.

matt,you need to run LM,it's goona be sick fast.
I couldn't remember exactly. I actually thought both of us may have hit a high 9.7. I know we both put multiple laps in the 9.8 range, so I went with that instead of exaggerating

Matt, LM is going to be fun! The layout has a bunch of big sweepers, so I think the LM cars are going to turn the most laps, since they've got all the extra power. I went a whole second faster on our first day of practice very my GT car! Once I get it a little dialed I may stretch the gap more.

Mike, Sell him a car.....heck sell him 2 You know you need an F1 in the garage Eric! I guess you don't if you always get hooked up ones when we travel, but just think, you could hook your own up if you had one for Friday sessions

EMU - I'm sure the track will be something similar to the race you attended at HS, and I think that was plenty tight for a 70t F1 to feel fast! Even if some one is lacking on set up and that is masked by the slower motor, they will still have to drive super clean with the F1 to stay in front. I like that it switches back to driver skill rather than tuner skill. I'm lacking on both, but I still feel like I can be closer to the top of the field if the cars are slowed down.

I can't wait to see every one again! It's going to be a fun weekend!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.10, 02:49 PM   #52
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Exciting news!!!

PN Racing has jumped aboard the sponsor train! Philip has decided to send us some of his garb to give away at the event!!

The MBMZR parts store will be donating some white bodies. Maybe we can put a custom touch on them before giving them away

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.08.10, 07:55 PM   #53
kromie101

no stars on the paint job. thats my junk.
Old 2010.08.10, 08:17 PM   #54
kwsmith29

Sorry guys, wont be able to make this one. New job keeps me rained in tight for the last Saturday or each month. I have managed to secure time off for the Worlds, but that that will probley it for end of month races for me.

So keep me in mind when schedualing races from now on.

Wade
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.11, 09:00 AM   #55
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
no stars on the paint job. thats my junk.
You know I don't like copying stuff...well I don't like repeating either I won't pass your scheme out. You can see in my paint thread that I didn't steal it for myself either

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwsmith29 View Post
Sorry guys, wont be able to make this one. New job keeps me rained in tight for the last Saturday or each month. I have managed to secure time off for the Worlds, but that that will probley it for end of month races for me.

So keep me in mind when schedualing races from now on.

Wade
Dang Wade! We are going to miss you. Some one else mentioned the end of the month being tough too, so I will definitely try and keep that in mind with my future events. It won't be the same without you. Hopefully your team comes down and represents for ya! ......Man, the points were just getting REAL interesting too

I think next year we need to figure a drop in for the season champion. I'd hate to see a scheduling conflict keep the best performer from winning the cup.

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2010.08.11 at 10:31 AM.
Old 2010.08.11, 10:34 AM   #56
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Decided I wanted to share a couple of new pics of my cars for this race

GT2 and DP2. Sorry I can't show any poctures of the LMP1 car. Those pics are top secret.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.08.11, 05:29 PM   #57
kromie101

looks good man. is it friday yet. is DR gonna be there? i need to get some paint from ya so i can work my magic. you did say that place sells you small jars of paint? did the track get changed?
Old 2010.08.12, 07:48 AM   #58
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Nope, not Friday yet. Nope, no DR this week. Yes, the place sells whatever size jar you want. Yes, the track got changed. And, no, you will not go 9.7 on this layout

Ill get a pic posted of what we are running up until race weekend today.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.08.12, 08:10 PM   #59
kromie101

man wade, that stinks. tell them i said it's ok to take off. gonna miss ya. is rodney gonna make it? ya'll better get your but-ox down here and defend for that cup. you guys saw the layout that LT is gonna layout,it's pretty flowy. hope to see everybody soon.
Old 2010.08.13, 07:38 AM   #60
hrdrvr
MBMZR

My guess will be 10.2-4 mod, and 10.6-8 stock.

I got a bunch more straight pieces yesterday from over at the sports facility, so I will be able to eliminate some of the obtrusive bump-outs. The tactically placed ones will remain.

Also, as an aside, I couldn't get the bump on the secondary straight out. The cars are staying on the RCP, but it will throw you for a loop if you aren't on the wheel. Also, there is a pretty big bump on the exit of the turn coming off of that straight if you stay way inside. We didn't have any major problems there last week, and Ive got it a lot better than it was. I'll get feedback from my guys today to see if I need to try and re-do it totally, but I think we are good to go

Just for those who haven't run on our track before, it is bumpier than your typical flat RCP track. The elevations pull and stretch the RCP in ways you don't normally see. To me, it just adds to the realism of the racing, and the importance of a good set up and a careful attentive driver. Every one will be on the same playing field, so may the best man/boy win!

IMPORTANT EDIT!
Chad has come up with an awesome idea for plaques for this race. Please let me know whether you are coming or not, and post/PM me your full name (first and last) so I will have correct spelling. Every one will receive a personalized trophy if they let me know they are coming ahead of time!

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2010.08.14 at 07:39 AM.