Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.09.01, 09:08 PM   #1
kwsmith29

Carolina's Cup - Race 4

Ok guys, I guess this is where we'll start it....

First things first. We need a date. We know the PN Worlds are the weekend of October 31st and the ALS race the prior weekend. That leaves us eight weekends between now and then. I would like to keep it from being the last Saturday of any month, but especially September. I think October is already busy enough and Vicky is excited about the 2 hour sprint race(more to come) we have been talking about. Kinda makes thing tight. Do we wait til early in November?

Tell what you guys think..

Now...

What classes do we want to go with. I've heard a lot from our HSH guys they want the usual. GT Stock, LM Stock, and Open F1. Sorry I'm not sure of the new classifciations. Is it GT1, LMP1, and F1 2?

Give us some input HSH guys...

Lets get the ball rolling....
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.01, 10:19 PM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I personally would prefer late november/early december... The past CC, ALS and PNWC worlds eat a lot into my budget... so on that point alone, would make it easier... September is too close to the last CC race... and I think it would be good to have the race near the end of the year.

As for classes, maybe it would be interesting to do a spec body class for one of the classes... Or a 90mm class... I would like AWD, but being that many people dont have AWD, it may not be a good idea.

Wade, just wanted to say that we missed you at the last race...
Old 2010.09.01, 11:03 PM   #3
kwsmith29

Yea, It killed me. Especialy only having to work till noon that Saturday..
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.02, 08:59 AM   #4
pick
Village Idiot

I agree that November would probably be best so as to spread things out a bit . How about the Saturday before Thanksgiving, 11/20/2010? Just a thought.
Old 2010.09.14, 07:38 PM   #5
kromie101

please nothing in dec. nov 20th is good. my opinion on the class's would be gt mod, LM stock and f-1 stock. or gt stock,lm mod or pan stock. i know you guys love pan cars so much. i just want a date so i can put it on the calender.
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.14, 09:29 PM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

How about an RM porsche cup... Ive always wanted to do that.

Even better... Mod Narrow Open chassis (Kyosho Mini-Z) with any motor, F1 stock and GT stock... I do want to run an AWD, but I refuse to put a 70t in one.
Old 2010.09.15, 09:18 AM   #7
pick
Village Idiot

I checked my schedule the other day and 11/20/10 works for me too . Hopefully everyone can get together and decide on a date soon. I'll bring it up this Thursday so we can get something in stone before it gets too close.

Now for the classes discussion............................ I believe that we should always run GT Stock regardless of when or where. The reason being is that GT Stock always gets the most participation in addition to being newcomer friendly. We need to keep this sport and the cup series to where any new guy could jump in and run. Not everyone has or will buy an F1, LM, Pan, or Mod car. And they may not want to invest in a class that isn't ran everywhere else due to budget constraints. From what I've seen, pretty much every club and/or big event always has a Stock GT class. Plus a newbie will probably have a much easier time setting up a Stock GT car.

This would leave us with 2 classes to be the changing variables at every cup race. To keep it interesting, I don't think we should have two classes that are very similar. Such as 2 Pan classes, 2 F1 classes, or 2 LM classes. I like a variety and think it just looks cooler to run very different cars during each race. With that being said, I believe the hosting team should vote and decide what 2 variable classes are going to be ran just as has been done in the past. The only exception to the vote should be if the owner of the hosting track (such as Jim, Vicki, Landon, or Daddy Rabbit) step in and designate the classes. They are the owners and ultimately could trump anything anyone says, but I don't foresee that happening. Now before everyone starts screaming, that's the way it's been at every cup race thus far. The hosting team has decided classes and track layout every time. And, yes, there is a home field advantage........that's just part of it.

Now, everything I've stated here is just my opinion.......not that of anyone else. So, if someone is gonna get their panties in a wad, don't get mad at everyone. Just be mad at me . These are just my opinions, not laws or rules. We do, however, need to settle this quickly so that there are no problems or issues in the future. The Cup series is getting big and I love it . I assure you that I'll be there to run regardless of classes or location .
Old 2010.09.15, 09:25 AM   #8
Daddy Rabbit

Wade,
The 13th or 20th of Nov. would be great for me.
GT Stock, LM Stock and open F-1 sounds good to me.
Good luck and let us know ASAP.
Thanks.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.15, 09:48 AM   #9
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i agree with you james in that the host team needs to set the classes and layout. but i do think we need to run different classes from race to race. from my impressions hsh will have f1 and we will do pan instead. only because hsh runs f1 and not pan and just the opposite with us. i do not want to express my choice in classes as i dont car one way are another, i plan to run what ever anyone decides.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.15, 10:24 AM   #10
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I agree with James and Chad on things It is very important for our series, and all of our events outside of this series to have a place for beginners, and GT stock is where that is. It is a staple at every event everywhere, and should be for our series as well.

Also, while I prefer for things to be as variable as possible, and I'd like to run classes we havent run before, the HS crew needs to do what is best for the HS crew. That means you need to chose the classes that will gian the most support. Our club is higly variable, and is willing to try new things out. Therefore, we have the liberty of chosing whatever classes we want to, and we will get local support. If your racers won't do the same, you need to run the classes they will participate in.

As an aside, and going into more detail than I should, I chose the classes at the last two events with both clubs in mind. This last race I didn't run a mod pan, because you guys don't run it, and we do every week. I ran an LM class so that you guys would have cars for it (even though none of us did), but just threw it up as mod to change things up a bit. It would be nice to know that you guys are considering the greater good of the event, and not just running the classes you run every week for convinience.

In the end though, I will run whatever you guys decide.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.15, 11:09 AM   #11
EMU
EMUracing

Im open to whatever classes are chosen... I was just trying to throw ideas out there. I love F1, and it was the primary reason that I came down for the first race Whether stock or mod, I have setups for both... Most of my mod setups work well with stock power, as my F40 showed at the last race. I made no changes besides the motor/diff settings.
Old 2010.09.15, 11:28 AM   #12
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

My vote would be for GT2 (Stock/Handout), LMP1 (Mod) and F2 (Stock/Handout). It is a compromise between what we run every week and what we don't. We all ran LMP1 at the last event so we have the cars and the stock motors in the F1s change that up a bit.

We don't all have "good" Pan bodies, coupled with the short supply of plastic PN bodies and the upcoming lexan version I think there is too much uncertainty and expense to run that class in the next race. We would have to look at the Pan rules any way as now the CC rules allow lexan in Pan mod (DP1) but not Pan stock (DP2), if I am not mistaken.

There have been suggestions of "novelty" classes but once again not many of us have AWD's or the parts to build 90mm cars so I think to maximize participation we should run what most of us have. Personally I would love an AWD class but don't have the extra 350+ bucks for a Kyosho DWS Orange chassis/SAS/PN Front end car. I would though run a Losi Rally/SCT class... just bought one, stuck an old 02 board in it... lots of fun!
Old 2010.09.15, 05:45 PM   #13
kromie101

well i don't have an AWD and probably won't get one because between me and both boys i have to much invested in them now. i don't wanna spend any more money. i wanna try and make it easy as possible with me and the boys.

i've got griffin already asking me to get him a second car. i'm not giving any of mine up. so when we come up he will race stock. collin i'm gonna have to change one of his cars to 102mm and get a lm body so he can run that class and also stock.

next year if the CC happens i hope we can still run 3 class's but just score your best 2 class's. i want the boys to compete but i don't have enough for them to run 3 class's,just me. in away it's not fair if some wants to compete but you gotta have three different cars. i got burnt from the first race because i did'nt run all 4 class's. my boy LT got me on that one,but i'm still closing in with the points. the pressure is on landon and rodney to hold on to it.

i'm not biatching or moaning or groaning,i'm just making a suggestion. i just wanna see the CC get better for everyone and that includes me and the boys.we are pumped and ready to race.

james,i agree with ya a 100%. i hope both our groups keep growing. i love you man. we should get tazered together,naked.

pedro, i'm down for those class's. we could ran 1/8th offroad as a class
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.15, 08:08 PM   #14
EMU
EMUracing

Eric, I may be able to help you out with a car for Griff. When I get home I will go over my stuff and let you know. I may have an MR015, or an 02 that I would be willing to part with. Just let me know if you have equipment for the car (mount/diff, etc), and I will see what I can come up with.
Old 2010.09.15, 08:32 PM   #15
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Eric,

I'd only race against you in 1/8 offroad if you were naked and being tazered by James! I have driven but never raced an offroad 1/8 scale, I am sure they are big fun... big money too though. I don't need a big one to feel like a man!

I like the throw away class idea, I have needed that myself and I was running in them! I think CC2 at HS I should have thrown them all out.

Look forward to showing you my little one.