Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.09.15, 08:59 PM   #16
kromie101

pedro,if you come early to MB for the worlds we can go to the off road track and i'll let ya burn some fuel. they are a little pricey but collin got a hook up a few years ago through mugen and a motor guy EBmods. we get a little break with them so its not so bad. i also don't eat for a week if we're gonna race that weekend.

i do wanna see your little one. the losi that is.

mike, the boys caught on to the 03,02 deal. they don't want the 02 car cause its old they said. i told them they were fine and they said you use it and we can use your 03. they are spoiled,they gotta have the best.
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.15, 11:39 PM   #17
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

I think we should pick classes out of a hat for the next CC series. Randomly select classes at the end of each race with the stipulation that we always run stock and that the remainding two classes be different body styles from each other.

I think it would be interesting to run a spec 02 class as well, 90mm or something. It would give every body something to do with their old gear at the very least.
Old 2010.09.16, 06:53 AM   #18
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I got rid of my 02 stuff, but I'd be cool with a 90mm class, porshce class, mini class, hatch class, RM only, whatever.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.16, 09:55 AM   #19
Daddy Rabbit

Jay,
I like the idea about drawing the two extra classes out of a hat for the next CCC Race after every race for next year also. That way no one feels slighted or favored. We can know ahead of time and not have to wait for a decission right before the next race. Great idea.
How about a Novice (beginers) or a kids class? Because of time restrants maybe with minimum qualifiers and main times.
And Mike if you were not racing so well, maybe in the near future we could have enough to have a seniors class.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.16, 11:31 AM   #20
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Good idea Jay, maybe we should set up a draw at CC4.

We could do a kid's class, especially if Lincoln and Tyler are racing. Anybody seen Robbie lately? It wouldn't add too much time since we are substituting it for a D heat for example anyway.

Last edited by pedrocamp; 2010.09.16 at 12:35 PM.
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.16, 11:43 AM   #21
Daddy Rabbit

Pedro,
I agree, we should draw at CC4 for the classes at the first race of next years challenge. With stock gt being in all races.
Now to figure what classes will be in the hat for drawing, that may be the long discussion.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.16, 04:36 PM   #22
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Maybe everyone that participated at the event, could write two classes (from the choices selected at the beginning of the season) on seperate pieces of paper... then two papers are drawn, and if they are duplicates, then they draw another. This way, everyone feels that while it is random, their vote is in...

Either case, Im all for GT always being run. And I do like the randomness of the class choice by drawing from a hat. Also, you will know at the end of the previous race what setups to work on for the next event...
Old 2010.09.16, 05:53 PM   #23
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

That's a good idea Emu, adds a bit individual involvement with the process.
Old 2010.09.16, 06:45 PM   #24
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I like it. Its like a randomized majority rules

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.16, 10:27 PM   #25
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

I think that is a good idea as well, the only problem would be if 2 Formula one classes where chosen it would be difficult for most to run both classes.

Maybe the other two classes should be mod only, eliminating stock classes altogether as choices in order to avoid a situation where we end up having to provide 3 hand out motors to each participant.

As much as I would like to see 90mm or mini-class I don't think it should be for points and included in the 3 classes,as participation will probably be minimal. I for one am in for any class, the more the merrier for me. I remember running 5 classes at the Turkey day run and I had a stinking blast!

Maybe we squeeze a mini-class in during a break or breaks 2 four minute quals and an 8 minute main just for kicks for those who are willing to paricipate. It would be cool to see a specific body picked TRP's menage however you spell it or Mini-coopers something you really have to work at driving.

Anyway that is my rant for the day! I am stoked about my run tonight at Highspeed didn't win but things were definately working out, thus all the rambling, hope all is well with all that read this.

Peace
Old 2010.09.17, 06:13 AM   #26
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I think, as Emu stated, that if there is a duplicate in the draw then another draw is done. I think this should be for duplicate body style or F1 chassis class as well... i.e no double stock-mod F1 class, double LM class or double DP class. The only exception might be GT, since we have determined that GT2 is always on the list... should we allow the option of running GT1 since most racers do have more than one GT body? Only two stock classes can be run so in the case of a third stock class being drawn that third class drawn should be run as mod. There is the possibility, of course, to run two mod classes in addition to the one stock GT class.

I like the idea of novelty or exhibition classes but it might be tough to squeeze in with a large turnout of racers if we want to keep events to one day. Should novelty or exhibition classes be allowed to be included in the draw? There should be limits on novelty classes, no one should throw in crawler or a Speed Racer-bodied only classes for example. A Speed Racer class might be entertaining though, I would add a small monkey to mine!

Wish I could have been there last night Jay.
Old 2010.09.17, 07:45 AM   #27
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

That make sense, I guess I didn't catch the jist of Eugene's post. It was late and the adrenaline was flowing. I think putting a fun class or spec class in the mix would be cool!

I don't think others would agree though, It would just mean having to spend more money on stuff to set up another car.

Maybe one day my dreams of a Mini-Cooper class will materialize. For now I am content with the 8 classes we already have established,
Old 2010.09.17, 09:54 AM   #28
pick
Village Idiot

Maybe a DATE!!!!!

After talking with everyone last night, including Jim and Vicki, it looks like Saturday 11/20/2010 will be the date for the next CC event at HSH . That date seems to be far enough away from other events and everyone agrees that Dec would be a bad idea for a big race. If there are significant problems with that date, someone please speak up soon since it needs to be in stone asap .

I agree with Jay and Pedro on drawing the classes for next year. That's a great idea Jay . This way no one can claim any favoritism has taken place. I also agree with Pedro on no duplicate classes or three handout motor classes being run. As Pedro said, if they are drawn just redraw.

I like the idea of some novelty classes also, but I'd like to keep them as extra novelty classes only. There's been a lot of work put in by Mike, Landon, and Pedro to designate the different classes and rules set forth already. I would rather see the 90mm, spec, mini, etc classes just stay as fun classes so it won't hurt participation due to a racers funds.

As for the drawing, we could simply take all the classes written on seperate pieces of paper (minus Stock GT since it's always ran) and put them in a box. There would only be one entry paper per class. At the end of the next CC, the host of the next race would draw two classes out of the box. If the 2nd class drawn was a duplicate body style of the first drawn or would require a third handout class, simply put it back in the box and redraw. To keep it mixed up a bit we could also say that once a class is chosen to be run, it doesn't go back in the box until all other classes have been chosen. That may be a little too complicated, but just a thought .
Old 2010.09.17, 10:17 AM   #29
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

the date is good with me. but as far as classes i dont see the need to always run gt2. i see no difference in it and lm2. i would like to see gt1 some as well but not both gt1 and gt2 in the same race. just my thoughts.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.17, 10:31 AM   #30
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

I would tend to agree with you Chad, if it where just the same guys running all the time, which is highly likely unless we get some growth in the near future.

I think the importance of having a stock class is a James put it, to encourage newcomer participation. Most necomers will probably have a stock car and nothing else, so unless they purchased another body and motor mount or completely different car they would be unable to participate.

My thouhgts are if you don't have it, get it. Unfortunately, that is not everybodies reality or level of commitment to the sport.

If we didn't have to consider the possiblity of future growth I would whole heartedly agree with you.

However,considering that we should also be interested in future competitors catching the bug, I respectfully cannot agree.