Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.09.17, 11:12 AM   #31
Daddy Rabbit

I think that GT Stock should always be run, and most likely will have the largest group of people, thats my take.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.17, 11:18 AM   #32
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

the only thing is most people we try to get into the hobby we push towards a lm ready to run as they are the best out of the box runners. the only other down side to always running gt2 is you only have 2 other classes to pick from. as hsh does not like to run dp cars and choses to run f1. and mbmzr runs dp just to change up the classes. why not instead of picking each class out of a hat, pic the whole race out of a hat. have all classes on a sheet of paper in ever possible config. and pic them out of a hat at the beginning of the season for all known races to be held in that year. that way everyone knows well in advance what classes they need to prep for, no suprises.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.17, 11:48 AM   #33
pick
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Rabbit View Post
I think that GT Stock should always be run, and most likely will have the largest group of people, thats my take.
X2 Daddy Rabbit
Old 2010.09.17, 12:06 PM   #34
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

okay it looks like im the lone one on this. so if we always run gt2 what will the classes at cc4 be? with running gt2 we will have to run either the same classes we just ran at cc3 just flipping dp2 and f2 are the same thing we ran at cc2. the other thing i would put out there is if we always run one class we should add a race and have 4 classes. i just dont want to have to run the same classes every race. if we run 4 classes flip flopping mod and stock in the other 3 that should give us some variety.
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2010.09.17, 12:07 PM   #35
pick
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
as hsh does not like to run dp cars and choses to run f1. and mbmzr runs dp just to change up the classes.
Alright Chad, I was ok with everything except for this statement . Yes, we choose to run F1 due to us not particularly caring for pan. But, to say that ya'll choose pan just to change it up is a load of crap ! MBMZR has ran a pan class regularly for a long time. And, just as our open F1 cars are usually better than yours, your pan cars usually smoke us . I'm speaking collectively of the two groups and not individually. It's ok that in the past both groups have preferred to run classes that they are the best at collectively. It's all good . However, our drawing the classes in the future will eliminate all favoritism and any questioning of what the other group would have chosen . As for GT Stock, I think it's got to be our staple so we can keep the hobby growing. But, that's just my opinion . We simply don't have enough time or cars to run 4 classes, so that leaves us with two variable classes.
Old 2010.09.17, 12:15 PM   #36
pick
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
okay it looks like im the lone one on this. so if we always run gt2 what will the classes at cc4 be? with running gt2 we will have to run either the same classes we just ran at cc3 just flipping dp2 and f2 are the same thing we ran at cc2. the other thing i would put out there is if we always run one class we should add a race and have 4 classes. i just dont want to have to run the same classes every race. if we run 4 classes flip flopping mod and stock in the other 3 that should give us some variety.
The only class that will stay the same every time is the Stock GT . As I stated earlier, once a class is drawn, it wouldn't go back in the box until all other classes were drawn and ran at an event . That means every event would be very different. The other thing Pedro and I proposed was no duplicate body styles, so you won't have 2 F1 classes, 2 Pan classes, or 2 LM classes. All this would require is a possible redraw. No big deal . The only thing is that there may have to be an exception for GT Mod if we run GT Stock at every event, but that doesn't bother me .
Old 2010.09.17, 12:17 PM   #37
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

but why can lm2 not be a staple? as far as us running pan it was due to hsh not wanting to run pan. and i have no problem with this. but if both tracks stick with this schedule we will always run the same thing every other race. me personally i would rather run f1 but if we had it would have been the same as cc2. dont take my post to be anything against hsh as they are not, i just want as much diversity in this series as we can get from both parties.
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2010.09.17, 12:19 PM   #38
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

so will what you proposed get rid of having to run 2 stock classes?
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2010.09.17, 12:33 PM   #39
pick
Village Idiot

Maybe my thoughts aren't being typed clearly . The proposed drawing solution will result in the two variable classes being different at every event until all classes are ran. Then you put them all back in the box and start over drawing. The only issue would be not wanting or having enough handout motors for three stock classes. Therefore, the two variable classes drawn could be theoretically either 2 mod classes or a stock and a mod class. If two stock classes are drawn, just throw the 2nd one back in and draw again. If two of the same body type are drawn, once again throw the second one back in and draw again. I'm not sure why you don't think this would add variety. This would ensure that every event is different until all classes were ran . The only staple would be Stock GT for earlier reasons stated .
Old 2010.09.17, 12:36 PM   #40
pick
Village Idiot

It's Just A Suggestion

Keep in mind, we were just making a suggestion . I'll run whatever and however is decided . NO BIGGIE !!
Old 2010.09.17, 12:38 PM   #41
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Hey, lets make a thread for this discussion and not take away from the topic at hand. This is all great talk, and I want to hear every ones opinions (although we can't do everything every one says), but it does not belong here. People interested in this event do not need to cipher through all of our banter about how to pick what classes.

Ill start a new thread for 2011 Cup Challenge discussion, so we have some where to take it.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.17, 12:43 PM   #42
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

I think we should all put together a set of rules the way we want them and have a cage fight!

Whoever remains standing gets to pick the rules no questions asked.

1.No knives, gun or tazers will be allowed (sorry James)

2.Wooden clubs, bats amd chains will be permitted(clubs and bats will be inspected for spikes or protrusions that could permiate a participants skin).

3.No head shots, no shots between the legs.
Old 2010.09.17, 12:48 PM   #43
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Just another quick note.

No bats allowed!

Handout clubs and chains will be provided for $30.00 to ensure fairnsess.

Or maybe we should have classes and the winner of each class could battle out.

Example:

Chain 1 = c1
Club 2 = c2

Chain and Club = cc3
Old 2010.09.17, 01:13 PM   #44
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Here it is guys. Take the cage fight here!

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...d=1#post393520

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.17, 09:32 PM   #45
kromie101

then what do we talk about on this thread?
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote