Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.05.30, 01:44 PM   #16
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

sat june 2 track opens at 930am
Old 2012.05.30, 02:35 PM   #17
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

Now i can sleep in and not feel bad
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.30, 02:53 PM   #18
kwsmith29

Give you time to get up and buy me breakfast..
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.31, 04:59 PM   #19
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimcnutt View Post
Qualifications Start at 11:00 Noon

I just called the shop and Jim said they are not opening until 930. I hope this 11:00 noon, means noon and not 11:00. An hour and a half isn't much practice time for those of us who can not get out of work on Friday.

Albert, which did you mean?

Also, you can add Brandon to the drivers list for Can Am, and LMP. He will roll up with Grason and I on Saturday morning. It's not looking good for Jones, but we will know for sure tonight.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.31, 08:05 PM   #20
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

heading out at 9am. should be there around 2pm. see everyone then
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2012.05.31, 09:59 PM   #21
macn8ez

Add 1 more driver from Myrtle Beach in LM and GT2. Look forward to seeing everyone Saturday.
Mack
macn8ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.31, 10:44 PM   #22
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by macn8ez View Post
Add 1 more driver from Myrtle Beach in LM and GT2. Look forward to seeing everyone Saturday.
Mack
glad to have you see u sat
Old 2012.05.31, 10:50 PM   #23
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

mack that is great. if you need anything just ask me, if i cant help there will be plenty of great guys there that will. im glad to see we will have a good crowd from myrtle beach again. it has been awhile that we have had more than 3-4.
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2012.05.31, 10:56 PM   #24
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

i see u guys are gathering some troops

this will be legen WAIT FOR IT dary
Old 2012.06.04, 10:10 AM   #25
Daddy Rabbit

Thanks to everyone that had a part in putting the race together, it was a very fun day of racing.
Albert and Mike....You guys did a great job of keeping things moving along.
Micheal H....Thanks for being a sponser, that was a nice gift certficate, I enjoyed spending it.
Mike....Thanks for my PN towel.
Wade....The idea of having a 5th race in this series in a location half way between the two shops (towns) on neutral ground would be a great idea.

Last edited by Daddy Rabbit; 2012.06.04 at 10:12 AM.
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.04, 11:08 AM   #26
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

It was a lot of fun. My only role was to keep enough of the duties off Albert's back so his racing wouldn't be affected. Running one is a full time effort so assisting was a better use for me than actually driving. Our newer guys are really gaining experience and abilities. I don't think I have seen Connor have a better day. Way to go.

Hope everyone made it home OK. Thanks to Brandon for relieving me of all of my 1/10th scale gear.

See everybody at the next one.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.04, 11:10 AM   #27
hrdrvr
MBMZR

What an awesome day! It was a long one for me. I left the house at 5 am, and got home at 11pm It was all worth it though!

First off, I also want to thank Jim, Albert, Mike, and all the sponsors. It was a fun well run event. Albert, thanks for making the call for the extra practice time at the start of the race. I was able to get my cars much closer before qualifying, and that allowed me to enjoy the day much more!

I still ended up racing completely different set ups than what I showed up with I tried three different bodies with different tweaks under them in each class. Ended up with the mini Mac in Stock, which just didn't have enough pace, but was WAY faster than the Mosler for me. I got down to the mid 8s, but just didn't have the pace to match Rodney and Chad. I had the third fastest car, and despite a couple of tangles that sent me to the back, I was able to clean up the end of the race, and put the car in third. In pan, I also ran three different bodies, but ended up having to modify one of my lexan PN cars to get the handling I needed. I set TQ in the third round, and had a strong chance at walking away with the win. Early on Rodney got tangled up and gave me some breathing room at the front. Just by keeping smooth I had every on a lap down just a minute or so into the race, so I just tried to settle into a comfortable pace. Rodney caught up and was driving like a mad man to get by. His car was fast, but I felt like he was driving too dangerous. I let him go expecting him to fall into some mistakes while driving too hard, and fall back again. He managed to stay right on the line between stupid, and stupid fast, and ran me down for the position in what seemed like just a few laps. Our cars were closer matched this time around, and I tried to keep him behind me for as long as possible. It lasted about 6 corners, and he worked me over. I figured I would be able to stay close, but his 8.2 pace had him off in the distance within just a few laps. Once he had a little lead, he settled into my pace, but about 5 seconds ahead of me. went through a couple of short stints where I was pushing really hard, and could get the lead down to about 2 seconds but driving that hard had me making too many mistakes. After closing in a falling back, I decided to hang tight in second. With only a minute or so to go, I was still within 5 seconds, and had 2 laps on the filed. I had nothing to lose, so I went after him again. I closed it down a little, but then he picked up the pace and started pushing away. I started driving a little too hard, and made a couple of big mistakes and dropped to a lap down right at the end.

All in all a second and a third are good finishes for me. I can't expect to win against Rodney too often, and I definitely don't stand a chance at his home track running on a layout where he has months of practice, lol. Outside of Rodney, only Chad beat me in one class, so I am very pleased with my performance

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2012.06.05, 09:55 AM   #28
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i too had a great time. i hated that i had a dnf in the can am amain but it happens. i had a good run in gt with a second place finish so all in all i had a good day. thanks to all who helped put this event on and hope to see everyone down at the beach for round 2.
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2012.06.08, 11:31 AM   #29
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Sorry about the delay on points totals guys. We got them figured, but just haven't gotten them into a post-able format. The HS crew won the event on the team side, and Rodney took the individual crown. Overall Rodney is first, Wade second, and Josh third. Figuring in one drop, Rodney still holds first, but I move into second, and Chad also joins the top five with me, and the top three overall guys. Ill get the full field run-down very soon...I promise. Sarah told me she was going to format it for me, since I hadn't had time to get it done. That should be a big help in getting it posted sooner

LET's Go Racing!