Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.09.20, 10:22 PM   #46
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

We are heading up Friday about 11am should be there in time to get a little practice in before the big day. See everyone tomorrow evening
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.20, 10:25 PM   #47
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
We are heading up Friday about 11am should be there in time to get a little practice in before the big day. See everyone tomorrow evening
i will be at the track on friday around 2 or 3 chad ,if you could make over there around then i need some info from you
Old 2012.09.21, 07:23 PM   #48
kwsmith29

Breakfast at the Lane Street Grill tomorrow at 7:30. See y'all

there
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.27, 01:01 PM   #49
Daddy Rabbit

Hey guys, had a great time racing with you all.
Thanks to all the people that put things together for us.
My opion, and it is just that, an opion. i think we need to do away with the old hand out motors, they have done their job, let um go. Just sayin.
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.27, 08:02 PM   #50
hatley

Sounds good to me D.R
Old 2012.09.27, 08:52 PM   #51
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

in my opion that is not a good idea everyone will start calling each other out
Old 2012.09.27, 09:47 PM   #52
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i too had a good time with some good finishes. i really wanted that 1st place gt but obviously not bad enough.
as far as motors i say we just make all the classes mod. no calling anyone out then. just run as fast as you want
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2012.09.28, 02:40 PM   #53
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I had an awesome time! It was one of my favorite Wade layouts ever, the racing was close, and I performed pretty well I will not say that Rodney won;t win when he comes down here, but he is going to have to fight harder for wins at the last race!! Chad and I are going to be on our game for the next round!!

I also posted the current points standings.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38392

Chad, Wade, Josh and I all have a legit shot at second, while Rodney has an almost perfect score so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Rabbit View Post
i think we need to do away with the old hand out motors, they have done their job, let um go. Just sayin.
I have some ideas that may end up being better than the current set up. I just need to figure out who to talk to to get some feedback on the direction for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimcnutt View Post
in my opion that is not a good idea everyone will start calling each other out
You guys do that already, lol. There are a lot more options than just the honor system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
as far as motors i say we just make all the classes mod. no calling anyone out then. just run as fast as you want
While I like the idea of just running mod, I love the close racing we get with the controlled motors. Maybe going to one 70t class and two mod classes would relieve some of the pressure on the motors, and some of the shady allegations

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.28, 02:45 PM   #54
Sammich

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
While I like the idea of just running mod, I love the close racing we get with the controlled motors. Maybe going to one 70t class and two mod classes would relieve some of the pressure on the motors, and some of the shady allegations
definitely like this option, i dont see totally doing away w/ 70T completely

Quote:
drunk driving is not cool, unless it's with Mini-Z's.
Sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.28, 03:12 PM   #55
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

and Landon so do you
Old 2012.09.28, 05:24 PM   #56
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimcnutt View Post
and Landon so do you
At least you assume I do. I can not tell you the last time I thought some one was cheating. It's been even longer since I actually accused any one of such. It was before you were even racing with us, I know.....

I like writing the rules where everything is legal. That way there isn't a such thing as cheating. I wish we could do that with the cup rules, and every other event for that matter.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.28, 10:26 PM   #57
kwsmith29

I can tell you right now if all the animosity and griping doesn't go away the series and racing Mini Z's in general is doomed.

Hand out motors are a great way to control things so everything seems fair and for the most part hand out motors are great. If you run a new motor every race. In here lies the quandary. Motors are abused, wore out or don't get proper maintenance(this is not a slam on anybody, Please don't take that way). Having new hand out motors or having someone go through each motor every race is not cost efficient for this series.

There are three other ways to skin this cat.....

First of all; all mod classes. On this point I do agree with Landon, I love the close fields the 70 turn motors create. Some of the closest tightset fields I've ever seen. Mod motors would kill close racing, and I don't mean close racing between 2 or 3 racers. I mean close racing between an entire field of drivers and cars.

Second option; Put a claim rule on the motors. A claim that is the cost of the motor $10. Put rules in place that would allow a motor to be blueprinted(truing the com, advancing timing, and the replacement of brushes) with stock 70turn parts only, allow brushes to be upgrade to silver brush installs in the stock location and stock alinement. When a motor is claimed the owner is allowed to run the rest of the event or surrender motor at time of claim. Once motor is surrendered the motor is disassembled and checked. If illegal, claim money is given back to person that claimed the motor and the cheater is disqualified. If legal the racer claiming motor gets the diassambled motor. To claim the motor you must be running in the event and running in that class.

Or the third option; Same type of motor rules as option two, but at the end of the event all drivers in the A-main will pull motors after the race and two tech inspectors(one from each group competing) will disassemble and check motors for rule violations. If a motor is found illegal driver will be disqualified and forfeit the position and points.

We would need to sit down as a group or select representatives from each group and determine a simple, yet complete and clear set on rules for the motors.

Just my two cents,
Wade
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.28, 11:24 PM   #58
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

the only problem i see with allowing blueprinting, advancing timing, trueing comm and all that other stuff is i dont want to have to do it. if i have to do anything to a motor other than spray some motor cleaner in it to be competative i will just run mod classes only. im fine with the motors we have now. i say at the start of a season everyone buys 1 motor that pn sells for the regionals. at the end of the race the motor goes into a bag for the next race. at next race you pull a motor if its a dud you get one alternate pull. at end of season motors can be sold to whom ever wants them for a set price to be determined. i feel sending the motors all the way to Australia is a little on the crazy side, they cost $10 and they produce no revenue for the series. we will always have faster motors and slower ones its just luck of the draw.
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2012.09.29, 07:18 AM   #59
Daddy Rabbit

Hey guys, I did not mean to open a keg of worms here. I just think these handouts have done their job. Sell them at the end of the next race and get new for next year.
Old 2012.09.29, 11:11 AM   #60
Daddy Rabbit

I think Chad may getting close to hitting on something here. Both HSH and LET's will have to order and invest in these motors at the beginning of every season and then recoup their investment fairly. The track that has the first race will have the biggest investment, so something would have to be worked out there.
Wade......I agree with you about the animosity, the drama and the BS. Also everyone taking a simple statement that someone makes and taking it personally and with the wrong meaning. We are all grown men here, all this crap needs to stop, so that we can enjoy racing even more.