Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events > Carolina Cup

Old 2013.02.03, 06:12 AM   #1
Daddy Rabbit

Carolina Cup Challenge General Discussion Thread

Hey guys let's keep discussions about the series in this thread and off the threads for individual CCC Race threads.
Thank you.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.03, 06:26 AM   #2
Daddy Rabbit

CCC Rules and Guidelines

Is there a thread for the rules of the CCC.
I know that Landon and Pedro were working on them.
Where do we find them?
Old 2013.02.03, 07:13 AM   #3
kwsmith29

Albert, can you help with this.
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.03, 07:21 AM   #4
kwsmith29

I have two responses for you.

First of all; I believe if you want to win the overall Carolina Cup Individual title you shouldn't get the luxury of a drop or two(please, these are just my thoughts). If you want the Cup you run every race and every class, do your best and let the chips fall where they may. I'm a racer, and if I want the title and I'm heading to the beach and the classes chosen were classes we don't run at my local track you bet your butt I'll change or build to what's running and do my best. Even when I have the luxury of the drops. I think we here at HSH were thinking differently when we discussed drops last year or whenever it was. The basic thought was to drop an event not a class. But remember this was when we were talking about including the club in Maryland and having a six race series. We knew then not everybody could do that much traveling. Lets face facts, the guys racing for the individual title are and have been at every race.

And secondly, we all know that a 94mm or 98mm Can Am has a distinct handling advantage over a 102mm LM or Prototype car. And besides that LM was one of the original cup classes. We here at HSH just never quit running them. They have been in our race program since they were first released. Hell, don't forget we run five classes down here. GT2 every week and then rotate LM2, Box Stock, Can Am, and F1 weekly. This past Thursday we had 3 full heats of GT2 and 12 or 13 LM2 cars. Then we usually have 10 or so Can Am, 12 to 14 Box Stock, and maybe 8 F1's. The HSH guys always show up with cars for all classes.

Maybe a few of us from each group need to sit down and figure out what works best. This is a good bunch of guys here at HSH, I just don't want to see them at any disadvantage. And for that matter any of the Let's go Racing guys either. I'm sure we can find common ground here.

Please don't be offended, I'm just speaking my mind.

Wade
Old 2013.02.03, 09:23 AM   #5
Daddy Rabbit

Wade.....I need to figure out how you copied and pasted that post to this thread.
But thanks.
Old 2013.02.03, 09:41 AM   #6
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
the down side i see to the picking the classes for the other club is that the club should pick based on what the locals run. i.e like the last event we had we ran 90mm, and hsh runs lm. its just what the locals run. if say we pick hsh to run mod awd 90mm do you feel anyone from hsh would run it. same with us and lm. we have a couple that would run it but odds are not many would chose to run it over another class. i have nothing against lm but im just not going to setup a chassis to run a couple times a year. i never understood the fact of having can am that allows lm, but lm does not allow pan. to me it should be all one or totally separate.

just my 2 cents. as long as we race and do it as much as possible i am happy happy
this is my response from earlier
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.03, 09:50 AM   #7
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

but what you have to look at is not everyone has that luxury. the ones that typically run at the top do have the means to change cars for an event, but the series is for everyone. i would hate to turn people away from an even because they only have 1 chassis of the 3 being ran.

as for a pan have an advantage over a lm i believe it s all in the driver. look at your own clubs results. you typically dont have a big difference from box stock lm to any other class. i believe it was collin down at one of our events last season that came in second with a box stock lm in the can am class last year. if i could get a tri shock under one with out hacking the body all to pieces i may even run lm on occasion.

lets keep the talking going it only going to make the series better.
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2013.02.03, 10:11 AM   #8
Sammich

i understand the not dropping of our worst race, but at the same token, i also not only understand but am one of who chad is mentioning of not having the luxury of having different luxuries. i'm only about to have a second running chassis because my first board burned up and i had to get something else to race and i did just get my F1. for the most part, unless i run up on a steal of a deal, i'm pretty sure i'm satisfied personally and monetarily to remain with 2 chassis and a F1.

it is all a hobby for us all, but maintaining just one starts to eat up funds...i cant imagine 3+ chassis.

edit: 1 last thing, i think this 5th/neutral location should be discussed fully this year and put into motion for the 2014 season. i think for the MAIN parties involved (LGR and HSH) it's alot to take in for right now and toput into motion and to find a spot to get and setup. 2013 should be a great year to scout possible places to hold a race...nov/dec should be the month to finalize location/month/who does what wehen and where to make this thing happen

Quote:
drunk driving is not cool, unless it's with Mini-Z's.

Last edited by Sammich; 2013.02.03 at 10:31 AM.
Sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.03, 11:51 AM   #9
kwsmith29

Good points guy's. Maybe the overall Individual driver points needs to a specific class or two classes at each event. Unfortunately the reality of it is under the current drop system if you don't have three cars at at least 2 events your not going to be in contention to battle for the individual cup anyways.

If ref to your comment " i would hate to turn people away from an event because they only have 1 chassis of the 3 being ran."

I total agree. Again I believe we need to have discussion between clubs and set classes so this no longer is a problem. The Carolina Cup was put together as a group effort between two clubs to put together a series where manufactures were not dictating the rules to fit and sell there there products. It is very clear we are not going to agree on classes. The Cup from the start was suppose to have 70t GT class. My understanding was this was our premier class. The other two classes were the choice of the hosting club. I don't know how else to say this, but to just say it.

If I'm stating the original agreement between clubs out of context, Would Mike Morse, or Landon please speak up and let me know.

Wade
Old 2013.02.03, 12:11 PM   #10
Daddy Rabbit

Wade......Now that you mention it, I think you are correct.
As soon as Landon, Mike or Pedro verifies that we have to run GT 2, I will make the proper changes in the other thread.
Old 2013.02.03, 12:55 PM   #11
Daddy Rabbit

OK guys Landon has gotten back to me and I was incorrect by not running GT2 and I apologize to everyone for my inocience.
I will make changes on the Race #1 thread.
Old 2013.02.03, 01:07 PM   #12
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

I like your idea of keeping the classes separate in points. We could have a gt point series no matter if we run mod or stock then a separate series for f1 and so on. I like this idea as it keeps the guys with 1-2 cars in a points series and those who would run all 3 have a chance for more. We could still do a overall champ as we have done as well
MBMZR
DG Designs
Old 2013.02.03, 01:41 PM   #13
hrdrvr
MBMZR

All right guys, I'm late to the party. I've been too busy watching the Snow Birds to see all this going on til this morning. I'm really happy we are having a good discussion on what should, and what will happen in the future!

I've said it before, and I whole-heartedly believe that our two groups need to have a controlled motor class! The 70t GT class has been a staple of our series, and it should be run at nearly every event. We have had times where we ran 70t in F1, Can Am, or LM in its place, and I think it is fine if we mix that up every now and then. I still think we should have at least one 70t class at every cup race!

As far as running just one cup class for points.....That is a viable idea, and warrants discussion. The way the current rules are written, and the ideas behind the cup in the first place was to spark people's interest in going to the other club, and supporting them by running as many classes as possible. This is why all classes count, and I think it is very important. It was always been important to Jim and HS as participation directly influences revenue. It is now very important to me too (now this is for my lively hood, not just for fun, or for a club). I'd like to make the decisions to push us to the highest participation possible

That being said, I think the drops help generate participation. If some one misses an event early in the year, the rest of the year is written off for them unless they get to have some drops. With the drops they may chose to join the series and compete for the highest position they deserve.

The drops still have the highest benefit to those who participate the most. We say the ones at the top are racing every race, or the ones who want it the most will make every singe class at every single race, but that is untrue. Wade, I know you, Josh, Chad, Conor, Albert, and Terry all wanted it as much as Rodney did. Every one of you guys missed at least one entire event though. It's just the way it fell, and IMO, you guys deserve to have drops to eliminate what real life made you miss out on. I did use one single class drop in LM as I didn't want to set a car up for up there. In all honesty, I'm going to run classes that I think I have a good chance at performing well in. I will take the loss in a class or even two, to make sure I perform well in at least one. The race in Mooresville, I only ran one class, because that's all I felt prepared for. If I can feel prepared for an LM race at HS in the future, I will run it....if not, I accept the consequences for not participating. To answer the question about LGR guys setting up LM cars, I think Bryan, Brandon, and Andy have all expressed interest in doing that, and you will likely see them with cars if there is a cup class that is LM. I've got a mod legal LM body, and would possibly make an attempt to get it ready. If not, I lose out on points. If I drop the whole event, I would accept that, but the next guy may just chose not to come. That is the reasoning behind single class drops as opposed to whole event drops....to ensure maximum participation.

I will try and get the results from last season up. I remember discussing, and analyzing them, but for the life of me, I can't find the thread/post. Once I get them up, you will be surprised at how little the drops effected the final results.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.03, 02:13 PM   #14
miamimcnutt
pyschopath racing

i think with these 3 classes gt1 ,gt2 and can-am1 ,this will be one of the biggest races i have participated in and im pumped
Old 2013.02.03, 05:57 PM   #15
hatley

I'm still in all three I have one suggestion just pad all
the walls so my son does not destroy any more body lol