Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.01.07, 03:38 PM   #61
TheSteve
VE7FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_greeneyes View Post
I look forward to seeing this car run at our club..even though I have A AMZ car.I still may get one of these XPower cars anyway for $250.00 and then put my own electronics in.Honestly this is supposed to be a fun hobby.If your going worry about how many millimeters is this you should STOP.not complaining about the f1 Mini Z.but isn't that a little bit longer also.we never complain of what we run 98mm,96mmor 94mm.This is always going to be a fun hobby and you're always going to put money into it.there's always going to be new technology come in.

stop discriminating on a car that you're not giving it a chance just because the millimeters ...

now that there's a nice aftermarket chassis coming out.that can have good steering and have your own speed controller.what's to complain about it
But the size does matter and is a very significant part of the car. We use Mini96 at our local track, generally 3 tiles wide but the layout usually has some two tile wide sections - that is tight enough with the size of a normal MiniZ. The problem would be even worse with a larger car. So while I think the car is great I don't see it working everywhere. Based on your comments we should just fold up the club and STOP because we have to be concerned about the size of the car.
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.07, 03:45 PM   #62
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I think everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Just because it's not for me my choice not to get one isn't going to stop others from taking the plunge.

Add an aside, I hope Xpower plans on some scale wheels for this TC. With it being a bit bigger the scale look of 1/24 wheelset would tie chassis and Lexan body together nicely.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.07, 06:30 PM   #63
tommy_greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
But the size does matter and is a very significant part of the car. We use Mini96 at our local track, generally 3 tiles wide but the layout usually has some two tile wide sections - that is tight enough with the size of a normal MiniZ. The problem would be even worse with a larger car. So while I think the car is great I don't see it working everywhere. Based on your comments we should just fold up the club and STOP because we have to be concerned about the size of the car.

I totally understand what you're saying.maybe this car may not be for you.if your track is that small.but it's anybody's decision if they want the car or not.I had to look up the Kyosho f1 car.and I do notice the specs on that car say 130mm.and I know some tracks that have two tile tracks in a little three Tile mix in and they have fun race in f1.so to have this X-Power touring car what is the difference with 114mm.

we can always email the people from x power and give them feedback what we think of the car.and maybe they can make changes to make it betterI really don't know.but we never know what 6 months later this car will offer.I know is deathly competition with the atomic AMZ car.but I like that car as well
Old 2015.01.07, 08:28 PM   #64
Slubben
Practice Is For Wimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by egonzalez View Post
We don't have to compare the IDT to miniz or MRX because it's entirely different scale. The scale size alone should indicate that the car will be bigger then the 1/27 scale that we are used to racing. Most tracks that race 1/27 should be able to race 1/24. Miniz has lost a lot steam and I think it stems from not conforming or adapting to newer technologies. Lipo and brushless motors have been around for 10+ years and it feels like we just started adapting these technologies to this scale. I have been running MRX with lipo batteries and brushed motors because the lack of drag brakes on the board. IDT solves this isssue and gets us one step closer to technologies used in larger scales. Maybe in the future we will have options on different speedo, servo, radio, sensored motors, etc. (open electronics)
I have to completely agree with this post. Interest in Kyosho mini-z racing has flat lined over the last several years and it's no ones fault but kyoshos for not innovating. If anything Kyosho has decided to go backwards with the Sport version. Call it whatever you want but the X Power cars are a giant leap forward in micro racing. They fill a niche where someone has limited track space but still wants to enjoy and use modern technology
PBR Racing Team Driver #1

Don't Make Me Cut You!

I Was Born With The God Given Ability To Be Mediocre

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP
Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Slubben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.07, 09:47 PM   #65
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
You wouldn't mix f1 with racers so just like f1 these are a new class based on size. Not a bad thing mind you but I don't see how you could mix these in with mini-z. Love them for what they are, a nice bit of 1/24 kit. not my cup of tea but I can appreciate a good thing when I see it. I'll repeat that I think the value is good for what your getting. The average HFAY or mod class car is close to the same cost. A fully loaded mrx is more.

I look forward to seeing a class for this at events. I won't be joining but I'll watch for sure

I certainly hope there will be better shells than the generic touring car body in the future. Perhaps a good chance to get squat to get their shells back in production if they are long enough. They had some interesting bodies. May be able to talk they shape ways guys into scaling some shells?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.07, 10:10 PM   #66
DMALMAD

Fully loaded MRX is not more. Let me be clear that the cost for the IDT is exorbitant and wayyy to expensive. MRX price breakdown: 90 brushed board + 15 servo assembly + 180 for MRX chassis and Double swing arm and battery + 60 for remaining front end parts + 110 for complete rear end + 50 for body and spare tuning parts = 505. Money could be saved or more spent but thats a 75 dollar price difference and had the TC come in a t 500 rather than 580 it would be a lot more feasible. I mean look at the cost of their sport (440). How can they justify 180 dollars for a sensored motor and programer (not 140 because it is a 140 difference plus the cost of a sensorless motor).

That being said you do get more innovation with the IDT compared to the MRX but we still do not even know if it will be faster or not. I am still a supporter of their chassis but I mean I can't believe the price... but you gotta pay to play with this one I guess.

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.01.07 at 10:13 PM.
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.07, 10:40 PM   #67
tommy_greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
You wouldn't mix f1 with racers so just like f1 these are a new class based on size. Not a bad thing mind you but I don't see how you could mix these in with mini-z. Love them for what they are, a nice bit of 1/24 kit. not my cup of tea but I can appreciate a good thing when I see it. I'll repeat that I think the value is good for what your getting. The average HFAY or mod class car is close to the same cost. A fully loaded mrx is more.

I look forward to seeing a class for this at events. I won't be joining but I'll watch for sure

I certainly hope there will be better shells than the generic touring car body in the future. Perhaps a good chance to get squat to get their shells back in production if they are long enough. They had some interesting bodies. May be able to talk they shape ways guys into scaling some shells?

I understand Curtis.I was just trying to make a point. say we run a 98 mm car and it's in modify class. And I want to change it to run a 90mm hatchback car.any race that I've ever been to they said either run any millimeter you want.as long as it has the handout motor..we always based off what motor goes in these cars.I really don't think it's that big of a difference.The shorter wheelbase car will still be advantage in the corners.but is also driver preference.

But I also have to agree on this post also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egonzalez View Post
We don't have to compare the IDT to miniz or MRX because it's entirely different scale. The scale size alone should indicate that the car will be bigger then the 1/27 scale that we are used to racing. Most tracks that race 1/27 should be able to race 1/24. Miniz has lost a lot steam and I think it stems from not conforming or adapting to newer technologies. Lipo and brushless motors have been around for 10+ years and it feels like we just started adapting these technologies to this scale. I have been running MRX with lipo batteries and brushed motors because the lack of drag brakes on the board. IDT solves this isssue and gets us one step closer to technologies used in larger scales. Maybe in the future we will have options on different speedo, servo, radio, sensored motors, etc. (open electronics)
Old 2015.01.08, 04:05 AM   #68
Racer-HH

I do not know, why others jump in the 114mm wheelbase, but for me this micro class is all about the beauty of the autoscale bodies, which will not fit anyhow on the IDT chassis.

Btw: State of the art technology is in my 10th scale racers. ;-)
Old 2015.01.08, 05:39 AM   #69
tommy_greeneyes

http://youtu.be/3laZ79sC4AI

I noticed this track has two tiles to three tiles.and its getting around pretty good.with a little bit better set up or a better driver behind the wheel. I really doesn't make a difference if the wheelbase is 114mm. .if this car was a 90mm car I bet people will still complain. We just have to learn to except the new technology coming in our micro mini scale racing. But again what are we doing as race groups to attract new comers and other people from bigger skills racing to come race mini z.
Old 2015.01.08, 06:28 AM   #70
arch2b

full option MRX = $668.
IDT Ultra = $578.

sure, you could build one up yourself cheaper but this is straight from the manufacturer site... full option to full option from X-Power, MRX is more expensive so far. this will change as upgrades are release for the IDT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
Fully loaded MRX is not more...
Old 2015.01.08, 07:15 AM   #71
DMALMAD

That full option includes the FULL retail cost of a ve and using all xpower parts which some are unnesccary IMHO. My current setup after I switched back to brushed would come in at a little more because I use a double aarm but I also already had the complete rear end and front end.... btw the version that xpower sells themselves is not as good for racing and juiced to the moon when it comes to the price. When I refer to full option I am referring to it containing all the necessary parts to be a competitive car not the overpriced ve that they sell on their sites to newbs who don't know how to put a car together.

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.01.08 at 07:20 AM.
Old 2015.01.08, 07:52 AM   #72
arch2b

it's apples to apples retail cost comparison of full option kit. never said one couldn't build it better and for less
Old 2015.01.19, 08:16 PM   #73
machgo5go
DJ Eddie!

First IDT in the world will be shipped out soon.
MR-03 S2K Narrow AT60T Nihm
MR-03 BRZ Narrow PN70T Nihm
MR-03 Enzo Ferrari GT Concept Xspeed SP2012
MR-03VE 2005 NSXGT AT 12000KV w/Lipo
MR-02 Nissan R390 GT Lemans 39T PN
AMZ Benz TC 8500KV
X Power IDT Ultra 5600KV Audi
X Power IMT Ultra 6800KV M3
MB-010 FT86 Comic Racer 39T PN
MF-015 Mclaren MP4-25 50T w/Lipo PN
MR-01 Mugen NSX-GT 02 X Speed Retired
dNaNo FX-101MM T2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " A Place To Escape from Reality"! TD
214 State St. Suite 209
Hackensack, NJ 07601. 201-820-1347
LIVE Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Outdoor Saturday On Road Racing 1/8GTVE,1/10TC&USGT

DG DESIGNS

Last edited by machgo5go; 2015.01.19 at 08:38 PM.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.01.31, 06:49 PM   #74
DMALMAD

I just finished building my very own IDT that came in yesterday. I have to say the build was relatively painless. There was a detailed instruction manual and the manual even when into detail on the effect of the different esc setting. The motor is slightly larger than a standard mini-z motor but the sensored is super smooth and has sooooo much more natural drag break already in the motor when compared to other sensorless motors. The esc is also top notch, the sensor system is very smooth and easily programmed. The drag break actually works for once unlike the other sensorless options out there. While the parts are made from quality materials, there are a couple design flaws. The first one being the steering system. It is a straight drag link and binds a lot. However there are two unused holes on the chassis which means like atomic they will likely later release a bellcrank. This is quite disturbing though seeing as I already paid close to 600 dollars only to have to spend more to get smooth steering. Only upside is unlike the amz the drag links are fairly accurate just they create a lot of friction. Too much friction seems to be the trend for the front end as the plastic suspension balls cause too much friction. Another downside is that the front uses camber arms while the rear is adjustable and since the kit only included o degree camber arms there is no adjustability in the front end until they release yet another thing that I will have to buy Last gripe was the servo mount. Once again it is plastic and it flexes too much. They have released pictures with an aluminum and carbon fiber one so once more, another thing to buy. I really don't understand why they could not throw these things in with it when you buy the ultra version, I understand the sport model is economy but with that extra price tag they should have been included. I know there seems to be a lot of issues but really the car is great the way it comes, and only super particular people like me will need all the upgrades. I didn't get to drive it yet but another IDT owner drove his at the track yesterday and it seemed pretty good. The power was extremely smooth and it had tons of steering. As with all new chassis the setup and suspension settings still need to be adjusted to get the car dialed but it has a lot of potential. Overall I am pretty happy with the car and I can't wait to drive it. I will upload pics of it later as my phone is acting weird right now. Hopefully I will also get some running footage if I can manage to bring my camera to the track on friday.

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.01.31 at 06:52 PM.
Old 2015.02.01, 02:49 AM   #75
machgo5go
DJ Eddie!

Well Long awaited Ultra Kit came in. Good fitting Kit and MUCH Potential out of Box with Sensored Motor set up. You can see how dimension compared to AMZ. Today MHS Shop owner's IDT on track Minor Test & Tune out of box in Hot Lap of 6.9 (For our Hot Head MHS Club Member's references).
Much more handling & speed to come as we explode more to come!

More to come as you can see video below:
http://youtu.be/2e6a***XTqs
MR-03 S2K Narrow AT60T Nihm
MR-03 BRZ Narrow PN70T Nihm
MR-03 Enzo Ferrari GT Concept Xspeed SP2012
MR-03VE 2005 NSXGT AT 12000KV w/Lipo
MR-02 Nissan R390 GT Lemans 39T PN
AMZ Benz TC 8500KV
X Power IDT Ultra 5600KV Audi
X Power IMT Ultra 6800KV M3
MB-010 FT86 Comic Racer 39T PN
MF-015 Mclaren MP4-25 50T w/Lipo PN
MR-01 Mugen NSX-GT 02 X Speed Retired
dNaNo FX-101MM T2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " A Place To Escape from Reality"! TD
214 State St. Suite 209
Hackensack, NJ 07601. 201-820-1347
LIVE Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Outdoor Saturday On Road Racing 1/8GTVE,1/10TC&USGT

DG DESIGNS

Last edited by machgo5go; 2015.02.01 at 08:36 AM.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote